Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust
Living for the 6 Wink
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Liking the progress pal don't Hang about do you!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yeah haha, dead excited to see how an 11mm and gov mod transform the old girl, and with half the weight, bigger brakes and better suspension it should be pretty damn epic to drive, thinking of that is all the motivation I need to stay up a few days at a time working on it Big Grin

Got shit to do after work today that will take up most of the evening annoyingly, but il be straight down the workshop after work 2moz
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wish I had some of your enthusiasm! Might get down to my unit and get mine finished

It will go like a stabbed rat stripped out Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 04:50 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Wish I had some of your enthusiasm! Might get down to my unit and get mine finished

It will go like a stabbed rat stripped out Wink

its a shame your so far away mate, id happily come help you out if it wasn't 3 hours away Sad
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Same here, I'm due a trip down your way but works a pita!

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 06:21 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Same here, I'm due a trip down your way but works a pita!

let me know if your ever down my way, sure il be about as once this cars finished il be making a start on the sedan
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looking good buddy, hereford isn't that far from me half tempted to take a drive up and give a helping hand.. even though I don't own a 306 anymore atleast I still throw coal out Wink
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 10:44 PM)Dicky Wrote: Looking good buddy, hereford isn't that far from me half tempted to take a drive up and give a helping hand.. even though I don't own a 306 anymore atleast I still throw coal out Wink

yeah, if you ever fancy a daytrip id be happy for some help, major jobs coming up soon are cambelt and timing up the new pump, engine out of the bianca, lowering the beam to compensate for how much weight ive stripped out. after that its just bolting on shinies and its ready to roll Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 10:49 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(28-05-2013, 10:44 PM)Dicky Wrote: Looking good buddy, hereford isn't that far from me half tempted to take a drive up and give a helping hand.. even though I don't own a 306 anymore atleast I still throw coal out Wink

yeah, if you ever fancy a daytrip id be happy for some help, major jobs coming up soon are cambelt and timing up the new pump, engine out of the bianca, lowering the beam to compensate for how much weight ive stripped out. after that its just bolting on shinies and its ready to roll Smile
Won't be this weekend as I'm working the doors, maybe next weekend I'll pop over and lend a hand
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 10:51 PM)Dicky Wrote:
(28-05-2013, 10:49 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Won't be this weekend as I'm working the doors, maybe next weekend I'll pop over and lend a hand

nice one dude, drop me a pm nearer the time if you fancy coming over Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've got a mate in Monmouth and a mate in Chepstow so I'm always down your way ill all in next time Smile fond something to get stuck into

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
OC gathering at ozones? lol
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Been down the workshop all evening again, not really got much done on the black car apart from getting the last few bits of sound deadening off, just been stripping the bianca.

should have the dashboard back in tommorrow with a non aircon heater unit and new heater matrix for that little bit more weight saving then Saturday im hoping to have it running Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Haven't really been feeling the motivation this week, just been doing little jobs like sorting out battery relocation and earth points. picking up a cambelt kit after work tomorrow then Pugmarshall is coming over on saturday to give me a hand Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
looking good chap!

I need to take a week off work for mine I think....so many parts everywhere but no time to fit them all!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2013, 07:17 AM)Piggy Wrote: looking good chap!

I need to take a week off work for mine I think....so many parts everywhere but no time to fit them all!!

I would loveto have some time off work to get mine finished but works too busy Sad
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Had Pugmarshall over all day with me, got new cambelt and tensioners all on and the frankenpump, took far longer than any cambelt change ever ought to, too much talking haha.

nearly finished however we have an issue with the belt slowly moving itself off the pump wheel which will result in taking it off on sunday and trying to get it on perfectly straight that will hopefully solve the issue Smile

Once the timimg belt is sorted and the new aux belt on, all thats missing is an oil line, after that its a case of filling it up with fluids and seeing if it runs
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Have you put the bottom crank pulley on?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2013, 11:28 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Have you put the bottom crank pulley on?

I was gonna say that, when jenks did my pump change I didn't put the bottom pulley on right and the belt kept moving looking like it was coming off, when jenks put it on right it was fine, this is why I dint change cambelts lol

Thanks given by:
the crank pulley seems to be on properly, Il check though
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
All timed up and cambelt on straight, turned out to be the new tensioner wasn't sitting flush to the block.

started fitting the exhaust and taken a couple more bits off the white car, spent most of today driving and doing some wiring on Pugmarshalls 205 so not much else done.

Oil line should be sorted by wednesday or thursday, ordering parts on monday then its just a case of bolting the manifolds on properly with new studs (thanks to pugmarshall again) bolting turbo to exhaust and oil feed, radiator and electrics sorting, changing the sump then filling the engine up with fluids and itl be ready for first start Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Oil line ordered Big Grin
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dibs when you sell. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2013, 09:34 PM)silverzx Wrote: Dibs when you sell. Wink

you have a long wait then....
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0049_zps991ee05b.jpg]

Fresh from mocal, bought some heat shield too to stop the turbo cooking the line when Im stuck in traffic.
All I need to do now is get the old line off the block.......
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That's a sexy line. Did a company make that for you?
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 12:23 PM)Frosty Wrote: That's a sexy line. Did a company make that for you?

I went to quick Motorsport in hereford, ordered the fittings next day delivery from mocal then got them to press the ends in properly for me. I'm awaiting the Invoice to see what the damage to my bank balance is.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ok mate be interested to know how much it cost cuz i will need to get 1 made up
Thanks given by:
Yeah Il let you know, if you k.ow how long you need it and what ends you need Il be able to get it made properly for you.

I trust the people who built ken blocks fiesta to do an oil line for an xud haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,150 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,761 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01
  Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo PUGNUT_XS 243 127,191 13-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Joep83