2.2HDi coupe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2HDi coupe
Probably for the best lol so you keeping this one then?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah, buying a house so wont have the money to keep switching cars.
Thanks given by:
I know! You told me! Ha ha senile dementia working early or are you just getting old lol
Thanks given by:
I must of caught it off you.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha probably!
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know how to turn off the hazard warning lights coming on under braking cos it's getting really annoyingly having to keep turning them off on a hoon.
Thanks given by:
Pull the fuse?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's warning people of an impending oil slick!! Kind of like an Irish bond car

There's a slick but ill warn ya!
Thanks given by:
Helpful lads, cheers.
Thanks given by:
Mates xsara used to do this on track days he had to pull the fuse to stop it.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Brake less?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
18s are on!!!!! No pictures as its too dark.

Right PITA doing it in the dark. Had an issue with wheel bolts being too long to go all the way into the spacers and having to find 16 M14 washers.

Got the bits to fix my oil leak now too
Thanks given by:
Please don't tell me your spacers are separated from the hub on washers?! As that's how it reads...

Look forward to seeing the pictures.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Wink 
love to see the wheels Chris, will make the car look Heart
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
No Chris it will be spacer > bolt with washers on the bolt. I have washers on my bolts, not for that reason tho!!! Pics needed!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Fixed my oil leak today woop!!!!!

Found out i have a PAS leak. Need the high pressure pipe that runs across the back of the rack but cant find it on service box.

(01-03-2013, 09:02 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Please don't tell me your spacers are separated from the hub on washers?! As that's how it reads...

Look forward to seeing the pictures.
Nah the washers are next to the standard washers under the head of the bolt ie between the wheel and the bolt head.

Im not that bad lol.

(01-03-2013, 09:11 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: love to see the wheels Chris, will make the car look Heart
Cheers mate, she looks beautiful.

(01-03-2013, 11:48 AM)Arron Wrote: No Chris it will be spacer > bolt with washers on the bolt. I have washers on my bolts, not for that reason tho!!! Pics needed!
Yep, thats it. shes looking good. Ill post pics when I get to work.
Thanks given by:
So here's a couple of pics.

Thanks given by:
Looks good bud!! Desperately needs lowering though
Thanks given by:
+ 1 on what the old geezer said Wink

Oh hello jonnykins Smile

Thanks given by:
Ha ha alright bud!
Thanks given by:
Loads better Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Really cant wait for coilovers now. Could really do with new pads and discs all round first though.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 03:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Really cant wait for coilovers now. Could really do with new pads and discs all round first though.

f*ck that, get it slammed and use cats eyes to slow down
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Ha ha I would! Say brakes>coilovers
Thanks given by:
Looks miles better! There's a coupe pin' at the silver lake scrap yard incase you need any bits
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Just needs lows and its there. Looks sweet. Can you take them plastic strips off the sides or are they like 306 and clipped on

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 02:51 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha alright bud!

Hello fella how's things?

Got a real soft spot for these but I can't have one because of the family...oh and the g/f is blind when reversing lol

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 03:05 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(01-03-2013, 02:51 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha alright bud!

Hello fella how's things?

Got a real soft spot for these but I can't have one because of the family...oh and the g/f is blind when reversing lol

Yeh good thanks? You and yours ok? You could get one as a 2nd car lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah things are better now the airbag light is not in the MOT lol

I'd love a 2nd car but a) can't afford 2 insurances of over 700 each and b)our new house is street parking so no space Sad

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 01:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Fixed my oil leak today woop!!!!!

Found out i have a PAS leak. Need the high pressure pipe that runs across the back of the rack but cant find it on service box.

Right annoyingly I hadn't fixed the oil leak, id replaced the low pressure turbo pipe as id thought if it was the high pressure there would be a f*ck tonne more oil but it turns out it is defo the high pressure so I've ordered one of them now.

Also the high pressure steering pipe that was leaking is actually a part of the rack you cant order separately so went to the scrappers, got another, put new o rings on it and fitted and think its still leaking. f*ck!

(01-03-2013, 04:26 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Looks miles better! There's a coupe pin' at the silver lake scrap yard incase you need any bits
Is it a V6 as the one in my local scrappers has just gone and I really want the strut brace.

There's a silver 205GTi 1.6 in the scrappers near me, it has the full body kit (but the front is f*cked) and red carpet that is now a bit damp. Anything you want?

(01-03-2013, 07:39 PM)Arron Wrote: Just needs lows and its there. Looks sweet. Can you take them plastic strips off the sides or are they like 306 and clipped on
I've checked and they're definitely pinned but I'd love to have them removed.

Anyway

Today's work has involved removing all the standard vacuum lines and working out what was leaking and causing my over boost issue and thus limp mode.

It looks like the pipe that went onto the actuator for the swirl flaps as that was split, the pipe to the turbo actuator as that had gone brittle and split in about 4 places where it had got too hot, one of the air dossers, the electro valve for the turbo actuator and the vacuum tank which had obviously split and been poorly repaired at some point.

Anyway instead of 5 solenoids and a vac tank I now run vac straight to a solenoid for the turbo actuator and thats it.

f*ck me its quick now, feels to of added 10bhp and alot better response and theres no limp mode. Smile

Only slight issue is that the vac tank appears to of been quite important for the brake servo lol so that'll take a bit of getting used to.

I really need to sort out a FMIC as without air dossers its sucking hot air through the fast warm up pipe thing. Also I don't know if the swirl flaps are sitting open or closed and the car is a bit smokier now so I'm gonna try cable tying the actuator rod to see if that'll get more air in.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,908 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  bit of work on my 406 v6 coupe swampy 6 2,238 20-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Last Post: kingy
  Scotts 406 V6 Coupe Scott 29 7,022 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim