2.2HDi coupe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2HDi coupe
So as you all know, last Wednesday (30/01/2013) I bought myself an absolute dog of a Peugeot 406 2.2 HDi Coupe in Satellite Grey. Its absolutely top spec with heated electric leather seats, sat nav, brembos and climate control as well as a load of other toys.

Its got a few issues that im getting through.
Its leaking oil from the turbo return and PAS fluid from one of the connections on the rack but its going into limp mode with an antipollution fault that is hopefully FAP related as well as having ABS/ESP/ASR issues that arent sensors as Ive replaced all the ones it claimed were dead (it seems to be having in issue getting a signal from the rear sensors)

Anyway a few pics from when I got it.

Im really not gonna like filling it up. The photo below from about an 8th of a tank left FML.

Anyway shortly after buying it I paid TB205GTi to write me a stage 1 map and DPF removal. I went to the garage and smashed out the DPF then put it on the dyno and it showed 168bhp and 285lb/ft with a little smoke. It was the most powerful Peugeot of the day. The graph below only shows 166bhp because it has a better shape to the curve.

On the day I bought it I picked up a set of Peugeot "Magnetik" wheels from a 5008, theyer 18"x7" and ET29. I gave them a good wash yesterday and theyer almost brand new (some of the date stamps are December 2011 so only 13 months old)

I also gave the car a wash and a wax when I did the wheels and hit some of the worse scrapes with some t-cut

I then got a chance to test fit the wheels at the back (they wont go over the brembos at the front). Think Im gonna go for 20mm front spacers and 25mm rear.

Heres a terrible photoshop

Last night I took her out for a few photos.

Oh and a couple form Ace Cafe when I popped in for lunch the other day.

The plans are fix whats wrong with her, get the new wheels fitted and FK coilovers, replace the bumpers and dented wing for some in better condition then hopefully tuning for a nice round 200bhp.
Thanks given by:
Be nice when you've got those wheels and coilies on its looking very standard and sensible at the mo! I'm impressed with the power it puts out I never knew the 2.2's were that powerful, suprising there isn't a load of people converting their hdi 306's.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 06:05 PM)Ben Wrote: Be nice when you've got those wheels and coilies on its looking very standard and sensible at the mo! I'm impressed with the power it puts out I never knew the 2.2's were that powerful, suprising there isn't a load of people converting their hdi 306's.

Yeah apparently TBs full fat stage 1 is about 190bhp but then they do have a FMIC, bigger pump and better injectors as standard.

Cant wait for coilies.
Thanks given by:
Will you be going for a stud and nut conversion or just spacers?

It'll look much better on coilovers Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty cool.

I've been thinking about getting the normal estate version in a 2.2 hdi, what's it like with the new map?
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 07:16 PM)Scott Wrote: Will you be going for a stud and nut conversion or just spacers?

It'll look much better on coilovers Smile

Probably just hubcentrics (bolt spacer to hub then wheel to spacer type) as that type are starting to look like the best buy again.

Cant wait to sell the sedan as thatll pay for the coilovers.

(06-02-2013, 07:40 PM)Birk Wrote: Looks pretty cool.

I've been thinking about getting the normal estate version in a 2.2 hdi, what's it like with the new map?

TBH my experience with the new map might not be the best as the car has some issues but its pretty rapid (not stage 2 306 hdi fast though) and the response dosent feel amazing, sorta have to wait for the turbo to spool but if you can keep it on boost with the stupidly long gears it hauls arse. Its like a GTi6 in that for some tight corners you have to drop down to 1st gear.
Thanks given by:
bet itl be a bitch finding a new front wing, but still, its definatly gonna look 1000000000000000x better with different wheels and coilys Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Chris, there's a silver coupé in the scrappy down here, think the wings are pretty decent nick..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What will you be doing with the 16's?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 07:59 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: bet itl be a bitch finding a new front wing, but still, its definatly gonna look 1000000000000000x better with different wheels and coilys Smile
It shouldnt be hard TBH as half the coupes ever made were in this coulour

(06-02-2013, 09:25 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Chris, there's a silver coupé in the scrappy down here, think the wings are pretty decent nick..
A price would be great mate, if its £20 or less just grab it and ill pay you next time I see you. Also pics and condition of bumpers please (and what year of car). Cheers mate.

(06-02-2013, 09:43 PM)sam Wrote: What will you be doing with the 16's?

Keeping them unless someone offers me good money as they have winter tyres on at least 2 of them.
Thanks given by:
How much do you want for them?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There's a wing on eBay at the moment.

Body panels for the 406 Coupé from Peugeot are ridiculously expensive, which is part of the reason they have such a high insurance group. Minor bump = write off, purely because of the cost of replacement parts.

Lovely looking cars though, will look good on the 18s. Never knew they had quite such a huge tank either!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Search for ade1122 on eBay all he does is breaks 406 copes up and is highly regarded in the 406 coupe scene there won't be a part he hasn't got
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Chris, im in weston from the 23rd to the 28th if danny gets that wing. im closer than danny to you. Im of on the 2nd march though so you'll have to come quick if i can be a help?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 10:40 PM)sam Wrote: How much do you want for them?
PM me an offer

(07-02-2013, 09:53 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: There's a wing on eBay at the moment.

Body panels for the 406 Coupé from Peugeot are ridiculously expensive, which is part of the reason they have such a high insurance group. Minor bump = write off, purely because of the cost of replacement parts.

Lovely looking cars though, will look good on the 18s. Never knew they had quite such a huge tank either!
Yeah theyer stupidly priced on service box which is why i like going to scrap yards cos if they dont realise theyer off a coupe you pay the standard prices not the ebay ra*e ones.

Definitely itching to get the wheels and coilovers on as its gonna look epic as long as I get the spacing right. 20F and 25R are the sensible options but really tempted by 25F and 30R

(07-02-2013, 02:58 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Search for ade1122 on eBay all he does is breaks 406 copes up and is highly regarded in the 406 coupe scene there won't be a part he hasn't got
Yeah Ive been recommended him elsewhere.

(07-02-2013, 03:13 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Chris, im in weston from the 23rd to the 28th if danny gets that wing. im closer than danny to you. Im of on the 2nd march though so you'll have to come quick if i can be a help?
Cheers for the offer mate.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 09:53 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: There's a wing on eBay at the moment.

I remember when my coupe got written off, it was something like £600+vat for a bumper, and over £300+vat for a wing?
Thanks given by:
Sounds about right scott, then there's the Pininfarina badges, make sure that if you do crash, you don't lose one of them!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 07:11 PM)Scott Wrote: I remember when my coupe got written off, it was something like £600+vat for a bumper, and over £300+vat for a wing?
Yeah i remember looking them out for you, it was £ra*e.99 for a headlight too

(07-02-2013, 07:18 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Sounds about right scott, then there's the Pininfarina badges, make sure that if you do crash, you don't lose one of them!
Dont start on pininfarina badges, they are currently a source of anger as id love to remove them but i cant cos they leave pin holes, why couldnt they just be stuck like all other peugeot badges
Thanks given by:
Nice... injectors leaking yet? Black death?
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
2.2Hdi in the scrappers near me. its the black edition Sad ive been trying to save it for weeks now as its one of only 125 ever made! Police never replied about if i could buy it off them and the scrappers keep saying it belongs to the police and once it is sold to them they have to scrap it as it has been seized Sad
Thanks given by:
Arse! Went to Nialls and had the DPF ecu turned off and the engine warning light went off and stayed off till about 2 miles from home when it decided to come back. After alot of reading I think this is a boost/vac problem. Basically the car will have a vac leak somewhere and because of this the vac actuator on the turbo dosent work properly causing the car to read too much boost and go into panic mode. It only does this in the upper gears as thats the only time im on boost for long enough for it to decide that theres definitely a problem.

Gonna speak to TB about getting the air dossers, egr and possibly swirl flaps mapped out so that I can remove them and make it much easier to re hose the vac system.

Also while i was at Nialls we tried telling it didnt have an ABS/TC ECU to clear those faults but it didnt like that.
Thanks given by:
Is the boost controlled by solenoid valves on these the same way as it is on the 2.0 hdi 110?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 11:54 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Is the boost controlled by solenoid valves on these the same way as it is on the 2.0 hdi 110?

Yep by f*cking hundreds of them.
Thanks given by:
So on my way back from Ace Cafe and Leake Street on Monday night (well Tuesday morning) the car suddenly felt a little bit wrong, more than usual. Decided to carry on home at a slower speed as i was only a mile away and when i parked I could hear the hissing of air coming out of one of my F/N/S tyre.

When it was daylight I went out and found this.

No problems I'll swap for the spare and drive and get a part worn till the 18s go on. WRONG. The tyre was f*cked, missing 2 huge chunks of rubber and through to the cord (it was fine when i was underneath it a couple of weeks ago) Quite scary really as id been doing 80 about a minute earlier and just blasted through 4 roundabouts so really glad it didnt explode. Got the spare out, it was barely legal (some of it was less than 1.7mm) and it was missing a f*ck massive chunk of alloy.

Limped to the tyre place and got a part worn for 20 then got a £10 for weighing in the spare as wheels are round and the spare aint lol. To top it all of though the part worn has a slow puncture grrrrrrrrr.

The good news is the spacers will be here tomorrow or Monday so as long as its not snowing Ill probably get the 18s fitted.
Thanks given by:
Gutted !!! Wtf happened to the alloy below the tyre pic? Looks slightly fooked! Lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 03:48 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Gutted !!! Wtf happened to the alloy below the tyre pic? Looks slightly fooked! Lol

f*ck knows, that one is the the spare, when id looked at when i bought it the spare was holding air and had tread so i didnt take it out to look at the face.
Thanks given by:
Oh well! Don't wanna run on that for any length of time then bud, get the 18"s on and be done! When's the coilees coming?
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 03:57 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Oh well! Don't wanna run on that for any length of time then bud, get the 18"s on and be done! When's the coilees coming?

Im gonna need to save up for coilovers for a while i think as i dont want raceland ones.

Tempted to stick it on springs for a while but they wont go low enough for my liking.
Thanks given by:
I got some 40 mm spax 306 springs you can try ha ha if they fit you can have em
Thanks given by:
Its springs front and rear mate so Id still need rears.

Just had a look at ebay and springs are actually as much as cheap coilovers so Im just gonna save my money.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,885 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  bit of work on my 406 v6 coupe swampy 6 2,232 20-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Last Post: kingy
  Scotts 406 V6 Coupe Scott 29 7,012 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim