ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro
i wouldnt go for proxies out of personal experience, there are alot better tyres for the same money.
toyo tyres just dont work until they are below the legal minimum tread depth, if you read the spec sheet it even says that the optimum performance is at 1.6mm, so right on the minimum limit, therefore they are only good for about a week out of however many months you have them. also terrible in the rain.

sorry for the rant, just my personal experience of proxies
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Id second what ozone said i had a set on mine and wasn't impressed since then I've had uniroyal rs2.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 01:05 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Looking a lot better mate really line yellow fogs on a black ph1

Thanks pal suprised how well they came out, I'm always braking parts or messing something up loool

(14-02-2013, 06:42 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: i wouldnt go for proxies out of personal experience, there are alot better tyres for the same money.
toyo tyres just dont work until they are below the legal minimum tread depth, if you read the spec sheet it even says that the optimum performance is at 1.6mm, so right on the minimum limit, therefore they are only good for about a week out of however many months you have them. also terrible in the rain.

sorry for the rant, just my personal experience of proxies

No I appreciate the advice, I just want a tyre that's got all around grip, don't care on make as long is it says what it does on the tin. Looking around £200 for 195 /50 15 or 45 profile depending on price.
What tyres would you all recomend?

(14-02-2013, 09:41 AM)ash23 Wrote: Id second what ozone said i had a set on mine and wasn't impressed since then I've had uniroyal rs2.

How much did you pay and what size are they
Thanks given by:
Id recomend the uniroyal rs2 think last lot was 185 fitted may have been less though

they are 195-50-15
Thanks given by:
they seem quite cheap are they good? ive saw some yokohama and kunho tyres are they any good? id like 45 profile and uniroyal dont seem to do them. im on ebay at the minute
Thanks given by:
ok so someone on here told me to order 509T bulbs which i did but they dont fit Confused. its for the clock and dashboard anyone
Thanks given by:

They are a good tire i prob got em cheaper because i know the tire place well and help them out now and then .
Don't get 45profiles there to small for a 306 that size is what 106 guys run
Thanks given by:
so how much you think you can get a full set for?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure these are the bulbs you want

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Fruit-Mac...337f763821
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna be changing to Avon tyres when the time comes, I had avons on the lotus and they were brilliant.
Pricey though and not brilliant in the wet, is recommend michelin, uniroyal or Kumho for decent all rounders
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I thought that the bulbs where t5 or something like that for the dash lights.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 01:05 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Looking a lot better mate really line yellow fogs on a black ph1

Thanks pal
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 01:12 PM)Frosty Wrote: Pretty sure these are the bulbs you want

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Fruit-Mac...337f763821

are those the right sixe? i just went onto some red ones and they have multiple sizes any ideas?
Thanks given by:
I pretty sure there the right 1s. What colour are you wanting? I would say stick with standard cuz there is a filter in the clocks so the different colours dont look very go tbh without taking the filter out
Thanks given by:
yeah stick with standard bulbs for now, if you change the bulb color it doesn't light up properly and you end up with bright spots instead of complete illumination.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Like these mate : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-Car-T5-73...4ab80c7801
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
THanks guys ill stick with standard ones then, i thought id be original and try something new but if it makes it worse theres pretty much no point

(16-02-2013, 10:03 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Like these mate : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-Car-T5-73...4ab80c7801

Thankyou pal ill order them today
Thanks given by:
UPDATE:
yesterday i went to derby to get my beam fitted by ted. wasnt too hard of a job ill just let the pics do the talking.
before

taking the beam off

New beam on

so the beam was on and came to bleed the brakes, i had my stereo on so i could charge my phone to get home it was left for a while so i started the car to charge the battery, i didnt know it was in gear and this happened

wheels on off axle stands

the person who lowered it did it the perfect amount, i wanted a little clearance between the tyres and arch but not too much to where it doesnt look lowered.
Thanks given by:
Looks good that mate if there was any damage from the stand sideskirts will cover it up anyway.
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
looks perfect mate you got a bargin on the beam Wink
Thanks given by:
that looks so much better Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Perfect height that... still love uber low to look at but just makes the ride/drive a pig on these roads

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 11:14 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Looks good that mate if there was any damage from the stand sideskirts will cover it up anyway.

Cheers pal im well chuffed of how well it looks now. Yeh suppose it fell rather than dropped so it didnt get much momentum to do serious damage

(18-02-2013, 10:15 PM)ash23 Wrote: looks perfect mate you got a bargin on the beam Wink

I know i did haha so happy with it.

(18-02-2013, 11:30 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: that looks so much better Smile

Thanks, its not the best thread or the fastest progressing but im getting there slowly Smile i reckon ill be onto a winner in a few months feady for fcs

(19-02-2013, 08:58 AM)Arron Wrote: Perfect height that... still love uber low to look at but just makes the ride/drive a pig on these roads

Agreed i wanted a little clearance from the tyres but i didnt want a big gap because 306s sitquite low and it wouldnt even look lowered Smile.. especially for humps and potholes the size of the bloomin car

RIght guys so im debating wether to get coilovers or uprated shocks for the front? I want an even drop from the back so would you all say 30mm? Ive saw some bilstein shocks on thier own on ebay for a good price if i get hold of some lowering springs aswell then i reckon itll be decent. On the other hand coilovers can be adjusted if im not happy with the height but come with rear shocks (that i wont use as i got bilsteins on the back) so ill be spendin more with shocks i wont use, help appreciated guys
Thanks given by:
Coilover ftw. not that expensive nowadays

looking good...
ph1 all the way!!

I'd lose the chav HIDs personally but thats just IMO

But you may want to check the fines for having those too!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 03:58 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Coilover ftw. not that expensive nowadays

looking good...
ph1 all the way!!

I'd lose the chav HIDs personally but thats just IMO

But you may want to check the fines for having those too!

Can i get ones for just the front?
Hahah hids are chavvy? Ive heard it all now i got them to see further.
They arent bright enough to get a fine ive seen brighter standard lights. I can turn down the brightness on them anyway so who cares
Thanks given by:
its not how bright they are! its the fact that the beam is all over the place, theres no auto level correction and no washers.
they are illegal...I assumed it was common knowledge that aftermarket HIDs were illegal?!
and who cares...well anyone driving towards you! lol

coilovers will come with just uprated shockers for the rear

and surely if standard lights are brighter than your HIDs...and you want to be able to see further...then standard lights ftw?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 05:09 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: its not how bright they are! its the fact that the beam is all over the place, theres no auto level correction and no washers.
they are illegal...I assumed it was common knowledge that aftermarket HIDs were illegal?!
and who cares...well anyone driving towards you! lol

coilovers will come with just uprated shockers for the rear

and surely if standard lights are brighter than your HIDs...and you want to be able to see further...then standard lights ftw?!

Theres a beam adjustor on my lights so i can do it there,
I know that my point is i have bilsteins on the back so the shocks will be unused so i just want the front set.
Im talking about new audis and bmws etc they have bi-xenon lights.
Im keeping them eitherway but thanks for the advice
Thanks given by:
right so its been a while since i uploaded but since then alot has happened which has put my plans on hault, 1st being my brakes: in simple terms the pads fell out which pushed the piston too far causing the fluid seal to pop and leak fluid, because there was no pads the caliper scraped on the disk so basically i bought a whole new set from ebc, i chose the ultimax slotted disks and the very popular greenstuff pads. rather than fix the caliper i had and mess it up even more i just "borrowed" a caliper from the scrapyard, was a bastard to get the handbrake cable splined metal bit out but with ALOT of persuasion and WD40 it came out.

so the new brake came, i swapped the caliper over and put the brakes on

an after shot of the brakes, they wont look like that forlong but who cares Smile

today i got some new wind deflectors by team heko. they were on the previous car for a few days so there brand new, got them for £15 which is a bargain and i think they suit the black and white cars better but thats my opinion:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Anybody have reccomendations on what to do next? Or what route you would go to if you had this, serious comments please
Thanks given by:
starting to look like a real nice example mate, needs to go abit lower to look spot on though

how you finding greenstuff pads? im not the biggest fan as i always forget i have them and dont warm the brakes up before doing some enthusiastic driving haha

i think a nice improvement to make would be painting the wingmirrors black to color code with the body, the tacky plastic look of 306 mirrors really let them down IMO
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,873 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT Frosty 626 272,293 22-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels. Dave26 135 51,767 23-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Last Post: aaron_one