ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro
Hello and welcome to my thread, firstly my names Lewis im 19 and im at my final year in college at london road doing maintenance and repair. i bought my very first 306 in november, i went straight for the D turbo heard so many good ratings and thumbs up so that was the car to buy, i got it for £550 with full mot and half a years tax, 124K old mot sheets and service history. heres how it looked:

Thanks given by:
I went out with a few friends and got some pictures:

went out for a drive and stopped at my grandads so i thought id get a few photos, i also took the number plate off as i was going to wait till i got a laguna spliter so i put it in my window

I bought a professional valeting kit from halfords by autoglym, im not the best cleaner but i gave it a good go.
in the box:
Body work shampoo
Super resin polish
Extra gloss protection
Glass polish
Interior shampoo
Clean wheels
Tyre dressing

also got:
A sponge
Perfect palm applicator (applying polish)
Microfibre cloth.
i then bought:
Rapid detailer
Paint renovator
Hi-tec blade

I also bought some Turtle wax Black Box, such an amazing buy it did cost £25 but you get:
A buffing pad
2x microfibre cloths
White cloth
Pre wax cleaner
Wax
Black detailing spray.

Thanks given by:
[/align]I went to derby to pick up some Hids, had no idea what brightness they are or what make but who cares as long as theyre bright right?

anyway as the guy was fitting them (ted) some of you may know him, i saw some cyclones i wanted off him so i kept asking, with alot of faffing about i managed to get em on with a swap with my old wheels Big Grin

i drove them home and took pictures the day after, i also used the black box wax kit and the auto glym set:

After washing and waxing me and my mate decided to go out for some pictures, now im no photographer but i thought the photos came out really well.

After a little paranoia and a worrying text from my friend telling me you can get £1000 fine for the number plate in the window i moved it.
i thought it looked quite nice where it was

Thanks given by:
Looks good on cyclones mate, need a hit with the lowering stick though!
Thanks given by:
My mate asked me if i could take him to pick up a polo coupe for a little progress blog hes doing so i did, went over a hump heard a little scrape then i carried on down the road so i pulled up and got out to see my number plate split on the floor Confused

it gave me an excuse to order some pressed plates and thats exactly what i did XD 2 days later:

took a few snaps of them on the car:

(30-01-2013, 01:44 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Looks good on cyclones mate, need a hit with the lowering stick though!
thanks i wanted to keep it standardish, plus the cyclones are friggin awesome. i well be lowering it soon but the beams knackerd youll be able to see from a photo from behind the amount of camber one wheel has, going to buy a gti disk beam and order some coilovers Smile
Thanks given by:
Does look good mate, the clones are 100000000000000x better than them halfords specials!
As said it does need a good thrashing with the lowering stick tho.

Not a fan of your new plate location tbh, looked well in the window but if you dont wanna risk it fair doos.

If I was you id put it back in the window, if you get stopped you tried using the stick on pads and it kept falling off so you put it in the window until you could fix it on properly.
Other than that Id put it back in the cut out.

When you gonna start tuning then?
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I organised a little meet with a few friends which turned out to be about 100 cars XD. we had a few races then went out for a drive, i raced a mk6 zetec s tdci same power not sure about weight but we was neck and neck alll the way down Smile
few races that went off:
Remapped Ibiza fr vs Corsa C Sri diesel = FR obviously XD
Polo 9n 1.2 vs clio 1.2 = CLIIIIOOO
D Turbo vs Zetec s = very very close one
D Turbo vs mk4 golf 1.6 = D TURRRBOO

(30-01-2013, 01:55 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Does look good mate, the clones are 100000000000000x better than them halfords specials!
As said it does need a good thrashing with the lowering stick tho.

Not a fan of your new plate location tbh, looked well in the window but if you dont wanna risk it fair doos.

If I was you id put it back in the window, if you get stopped you tried using the stick on pads and it kept falling off so you put it in the window until you could fix it on properly.
Other than that Id put it back in the cut out.

When you gonna start tuning then?
i agree ive never liked a mnufacturer wheel morethan the cyclones.
fair dos each to their own i just didnt want it back in the same place i like to stand out.
money to be honest i not long had to sort the whole back braking system which cost£140 but i will be modding soon
few ideas in my head theyre not all final:
Fmic
td04
bosch turned up
coilovers
spacers
6' brakes
hopefully smoothing if i can find someone
red rallye carpet/seat belts if i can even get my hands on one
pugsport
some kind of airfilter
huge service
etc etc
Thanks given by:
always been a massive fan of black phase 1's. this one has so much potential for win
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Black phase 1 ftmfw Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 03:24 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: always been a massive fan of black phase 1's. this one has so much potential for win
Thanks alot faults are still there but ill get to them one day Smile

(30-01-2013, 06:58 AM)sam Wrote: Black phase 1 ftmfw Big Grin
Yehh ph1s are a beauty anyway but to get it in black i was so lucky
Thanks given by:
Numberplate location is a fail, looks like Stevie Wonder replaced it for you.

Black phase 1 = win.

Would benefit from a newer tailgate, phase 2/3 rear lights and side-skirts. A 106 series 2 front badge is a good update for the front end too.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 10:18 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Numberplate location is a fail, looks like Stevie Wonder replaced it for you.

Black phase 1 = win.

Would benefit from a newer tailgate, phase 2/3 rear lights and side-skirts. A 106 series 2 front badge is a good update for the front end too.

Thats your opinion, i dont think its that bad and thats all its about.

Ive literally just got some ph3 lights today so ill be putting up pictures when ive finished. Im sure all 306s have the same skirts?

Im considering debadging it as part of the euro look, plus the original looks naff and a bit mouldy
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 07:57 AM)Lew_Derv_T Wrote:
(30-01-2013, 03:24 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: always been a massive fan of black phase 1's. this one has so much potential for win

Not the only one dude I was lucky I found mine haha oh and put the number plate back in the windoe looks better Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 02:09 PM)sam Wrote:
(30-01-2013, 07:57 AM)Lew_Derv_T Wrote:

Not the only one dude I was lucky I found mine haha oh and put the number plate back in the windoe looks better Wink
Haha Smile, i dont want a fine lads lol me being a young lad i dont wanna give them any excuse

Went scrapyard and picked up some ph3 lights:

Gave them a good clean and wipe down:

Also my clock lights have gave up . Does anyone know what type of bulbs these are I wanna get a red set?

Thanks given by:
Looks alot better with the cyclones, the plate would look alot better where its meant to be. You going for any engine mods?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 03:51 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Looks alot better with the cyclones, the plate would look alot better where its meant to be. You going for any engine mods?
thanks. im considering it now not because everyone is calling it but you can hardly tell there pressed while theyre hidden.
nothing really serious, just bosch, fmic, td04 i think for now
Thanks given by:
Lots of potential here! You keeping it on cyclones long term?
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 04:53 PM)Dave26 Wrote: Lots of potential here! You keeping it on cyclones long term?

Yes unless i get a pair of banded steelies. Hopefully get them refurbished and painted a metallic white rather than gloss, then get a set of proxies.
Thanks given by:
Re the dashboard bulbs, the bulb type is 509T, but if you look on eBay many of them are LEDs. This isn't a problem in itself but on the dash panel this can cause dark spots, because the light from an LED is more focused. It will show up as un-even light, too bright in places and too dark in others, it ends up looking patchy and a bit wank....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 11:05 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Re the dashboard bulbs, the bulb type is 509T, but if you look on eBay many of them are LEDs. This isn't a problem in itself but on the dash panel this can cause dark spots, because the light from an LED is more focused. It will show up as un-even light, too bright in places and too dark in others, it ends up looking patchy and a bit wank....

I'll just order some 509Ts then

Got a busy day today so ill be uploading pics after ive finished them all.

Thanks given by:
Does anyone know why the plugs are different on each side? Also theres more pins on the left side.... Quick reply please

Also if anyone has a guide to putting ph3 lights in would be appreciated
Thanks given by:
The n/s lights link through the o/s light board.
I've always got the whole ph3 light loom inc the bit across the back of the car and wire it straight in to the bigger plug wires on the o/s
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But I can still use the ph1 loom and solder to ph3 connection
Thanks given by:
Ph3 rear lights dont plug straight into the same ph1 connectors you have to solder on the new connection or use spade terminals like I did. Here is a guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...pd8AavblpU
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 03:17 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Ph3 rear lights dont plug straight into the same ph1 connectors you have to solder on the new connection or use spade terminals like I did. Here is a guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...pd8AavblpU

I no thats what i said lol. Thanks
Thanks given by:
just make sure when you cut the wires you dont cut the loom markings off. if you cut below the numbers its easy just to match the wires then solder together (remember to insulate properly, shorts are a pain and youl keep blowing fuses at inconvenient times)

i find this diagram to be useful, although your left with some wires leftover that youl need to find what there for then act accordingly, but it gets you most of the way there
http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-9265.html
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
cheers guys gunna head out and get some insulation tape tomorrow, when im cutting the wires ill wrap a bit of gaffer tape around the wire and number it before Smile, cheers for the help guys

so basically, im to match the wires from the guide you just shown me ozone? obviously solder them and insulate. anything else i need to do? i know i have to cut a bit of the metal in the light for the ph3 light to fit in..
cheers j trigga (Y)
Thanks given by:
On the same day i TRIED the lights, i gave it a really quick wash (really crap) also took the rust off the exhaust, such a subtle difference but really stood out.

Most of you will be glad to know i put the plate back to normalish, problem was when i got the pressed plates i had to make a hole for them so i did it in the middle so if i put it where it was originally the screw wouldnt have fit through, i am blocking less of the radiator which is a very minor thing but counts.
Also sprayed my tow eye red for a subtle change at the front
Before

Sand down the rust the and primer

REDDDDD

Thanks given by:
Very nice! I saw the first numberplate pic and instantly thought thats going to get smashed, then scrolled down Tongue Not a keen location tho i used to have mine on the window(external sticekr) but IMO its either shortened original place or non at all. Keep up the good work Big Grin
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 02:03 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Very nice! I saw the first numberplate pic and instantly thought thats going to get smashed, then scrolled down Tongue Not a keen location tho i used to have mine on the window(external sticekr) but IMO its either shortened original place or non at all. Keep up the good work Big Grin

Hahahah wooopsyy it lasted quite long to be honest d turbos sit low at the front im not sure about other engines..
Thanks pal, loads of plans for it but obviously moneys the problem, always is lol.

Not a huge progress but its maintenance and we all gotta look after our cars right. Nowt huge just a quick oil and filter change. Just a cheapo filter and some mobil super 2000, i used the trade card at halfords to cost about £24 which very decent for top make oil

Yeh i dont think the oils been change for a whiiiiiiileee:

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,869 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT Frosty 626 271,338 22-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels. Dave26 135 51,765 23-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Last Post: aaron_one