ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro
Photo 
Well overdue an oil change mate!!

I had my number plate on the side, I think its only the phase 2 bumpers that can pull it off

[Image: 45-1.jpg]

Like the white cyclones. Black is deginately my favourite ph1 colour

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
following on from your rear light conversion, when you enlarge the passenger side hole to fit the numberplate light plug, make sure you give it a quick spray with some primer then top coat so that it doesn't rust where you've cut the hole out.

oh and your plates look so much better in the middle again, the only way you can pull of a side mounted numberplate is if you get a square one and a wacking great intercooler poking out the frontm but thats my idea Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 02:46 AM)Arron Wrote: Well overdue an oil change mate!!

I had my number plate on the side, I think its only the phase 2 bumpers that can pull it off

[Image: 45-1.jpg]

Like the white cyclones. Black is deginately my favourite ph1 colour

haha maybe Tongue, cheers i wouldnt of minded black but white isnt as common plus it looks nice.. mine too Smile wish it was mettalic though

(03-02-2013, 09:14 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: following on from your rear light conversion, when you enlarge the passenger side hole to fit the numberplate light plug, make sure you give it a quick spray with some primer then top coat so that it doesn't rust where you've cut the hole out.

oh and your plates look so much better in the middle again, the only way you can pull of a side mounted numberplate is if you get a square one and a wacking great intercooler poking out the frontm but thats my idea Wink
oh yeah thanks for that,
haha it looks so good i might accidentally cut a hole in the bumper then run over an intercooler hoping to fill the gap in XD
Thanks given by:
Looks much better with the number plate back where it should be ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 07:38 PM)puglove Wrote: Looks much better with the number plate back where it should be ThumbsUp
haha Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks much smarter with the plate in the middle mate.

Yellow fog light lenses would look good...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 10:40 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Looks much smarter with the plate in the middle mate.

Yellow fog light lenses would look good...

Cheers, funny you should say that i have some yellow tint film coming off ebay
Thanks given by:
Needs lowering asap to Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i will its a priority as my car is leaning, im guessing its a effed damper or broken spring. either coilovers or gti beam, its not as if i dont need them theyre both beneficial and solve quite a big fault
Thanks given by:
Is it leaning at the rear? Probably shot bearings and tubes.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 08:07 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Is it leaning at the rear? Probably shot bearings and tubes.

Backs got camber, and the front left side is lower than the otherside :/
Rather than fix them il just get a gti beam and coilovers
Thanks given by:
UPDATE: i finally got my beam today, drove 33miles to get it specs:
306 rallye beam covered 60K
Lowered about 40mm on bilstein shocks ( look brand new) not sure on model.
brakes are in good condition, surface rust but all in good condition also came with handbrake cable.

paid £140 for the lot which i think is a good deal, not sure how much the bilsteins are worth but what ever.
when fitting the beam is there anything i need to know or do? isit just the 6 bolts etc? any help appreciated
Thanks given by:
It looks like a good condtion beam. I would say £140 aint to bad price for it.

When changing the beam it is just 6 nuts to undo from inside the boot. Take the spare wheel and exhaust off as that makes it easier. Also remeber to undo the brake pipes and the hand brake cables
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 10:40 AM)Frosty Wrote: It looks like a good condtion beam. I would say £140 aint to bad price for it.

When changing the beam it is just 6 nuts to undo from inside the boot. Take the spare wheel and exhaust off as that makes it easier. Also remeber to undo the brake pipes and the hand brake cables

Cheers pal, me neither do you know how much the bilsteins are worth?
I'm not fiddling about with the exhaust lol. Yeah thanks, this beam has wheel speed sensors which means it had abs, with this beam fit mine still?
Thanks given by:
those bilsteins are worth about £80 i think so defiantly a bargain. you can remove all the abs stuff Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The beam will be the same.You can either leave the abs bits on or cut the sensors off
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 04:05 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: those bilsteins are worth about £80 i think so defiantly a bargain. you can remove all the abs stuff Smile

Decent, I guess I'll be keeping them loool. Oh right cheers

(10-02-2013, 05:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: The beam will be the same.You can either leave the abs bits on or cut the sensors off

Cheers was panicking a bit
Thanks given by:
The exhaust runs under the beam so you'll have to drop at least the back box but mid pipe helps if it out the way

Brake pipes can be a pain but other than that its pretty simple
Thanks given by:
A brake pipe spanner and some sort if WD40 will be handy when it comes to the brake pipes
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 11:26 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: The exhaust runs under the beam so you'll have to drop at least the back box but mid pipe helps if it out the way

Brake pipes can be a pain but other than that its pretty simple

oh right, well im taking it to a guy who does beams so itl be ok Smile

(11-02-2013, 01:08 PM)Frosty Wrote: A brake pipe spanner and some sort if WD40 will be handy when it comes to the brake pipes
yeh i noticed they were a little dirty and rusty, wont be too bad though

got a few goodies from ebay, the whole list consists of:

Sticker bomb book 2 - gunna bomb a few bits ive already started doing splats on the amp

Peugeot locking valve caps - beause i have 40" stupid ones that are supposed to light up, i also got them because they lock and have the mighty lion on them

Shortened aeriel - mine has snapped and been gaffer taped on so i bought a shorter one to look a bit more tidy

10x red bulbs - the left side of my speedo has gone out so im going to put red bulbs on the speedo and revs

1x green - using green for fuel light

1x blue - using for temperature light

Air filter - give it a bit more aggresive grunt

i put the filter on to make it sound alot better, sharpens up the throttle reponse and gives it cleaner air as the other one was a little dirty

Thanks given by:
More goodies off ebay today:
My yellow tint film im going to put on the fog lenses

Also got my bee sting aeriel, it comes with 3 length adjustors and 3 screw adaptors which was quite good. It wont let me upload the picture but its just the base then 3 different sized tubes then a thick bit to screw on the end of any of the 3
Thanks given by:
Have fun doing the fog lights! They aren't the easiest things to do!
Thanks given by:
so i got cracking with the fogs, i just cut a size of the film a bit bigger than the fog then laid it on and cut the sides, i also did inside by cutting a rectangle out of the film and place on the inside..
before

after

when the right side was done i started on the left, one screw was really rusty, despite me taking my time i still rounded the bolt, i ended up getting it off with a torx bit. i replaced the screw and put it back on.

(13-02-2013, 01:09 PM)Frosty Wrote: Have fun doing the fog lights! They aren't the easiest things to do!

i didnt find it that hard to be honest. its not the netest job but it looks ok

Also got my peugeot valve caps through but my crappy phone wont let me upload pics so ill have to post them up another time. Its just a chrome cap with peugeot on it
Thanks given by:
Looks like a pretty good job. Mine look good from a distance but close up not so great
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 06:51 PM)Frosty Wrote: Looks like a pretty good job. Mine look good from a distance but close up not so great

Cheers pal, looks like a rally car now haha.i didnt know you had yellow fogs how did you do yours?
Thanks given by:
I got some on the S16. Got a few spare sets of ph1 fogs so fort me and a mate would give it a go. Sounds like we did it the same way as you. Cut it a little bigger than the lense and fold it over pretty much. I got some yellow glass paint that im ging to try do some with
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 08:41 PM)Frosty Wrote: I got some on the S16. Got a few spare sets of ph1 fogs so fort me and a mate would give it a go. Sounds like we did it the same way as you. Cut it a little bigger than the lense and fold it over pretty much. I got some yellow glass paint that im ging to try do some with

Lemme know how it goes
Thanks given by:
Will do when i finally get round to it.

Any more plans for yours?
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 08:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: Will do when i finally get round to it.

Any more plans for yours?

Loads of plans to be honest. Coilovers, refurb wheels, proxies, exhaust, different interior, etc etc just euro/oem really
Thanks given by:
Looking a lot better mate really line yellow fogs on a black ph1
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,872 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT Frosty 626 271,349 22-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels. Dave26 135 51,765 23-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Last Post: aaron_one