Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
That brown one is definitely the Coolant Level Sensor for the ph2 header tank.

As Darren said in the other thread, that's the Oil Pressure.

Other square one is the Lucas Immobiliser Pack one - that's the one you take the red cable off that usually +ve
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Ginge aye there's a White plug I've connected just below the clutch arm. And obviously the VSS on the final drive. This is an extra wee plug though

plug it into the gearbox, wack it in reverse and see what electrical magics happen?! lol

no... dont...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
It's alive! (no thanks to me ninja)

Spent the best part of today trying to get the engine ticking over. Got the loom all sorted and went to fire it up.. nothing. Flat battery despite being on charge overnight. Me thinks the charger is goosed...

So the trusty work Transit came onto the scene, thank god for "free" fuel. Left it running to give the battery a kick. Pulled off the injector lines to check for flow and... nothing.

Quick call to Dan and he suggested I get the voltmeter out and check the stop solenoid. realised I had a loose connection so re-crimped it and bang, 12v. Turned it over again and.. nothing.

Pulled off the fuel lines and swapped them round, because i'm an idiot like that. And what happened? Fired up almost immediately. But then it would chug to a halt especially if any throttle was tried. Hmm.

More fecking about with advance, injector unions, all sorts, and then I checked something on here. My own thread asking about connections on the pump. And those fuel lines i'd been intelligent enough to swap around? Yeah, I put them on the wrong way. Which explains why the fuel grenade was blown off the fuel line, fuel was trying to go the wrong way. In my infinite wisdom it would seem I had them the right way round and must have just cleared an air lock by the time I decided to swap them round. It would burst into life for a few seconds while it used what was in the line, then die again.

Rule number one about building a car: don't be a spastic and READ YOUR OWN THREADS.

/rant

Anyway it sounds to be running sweet. Yet to tap the boost gauge in and still needs coolant, PAS fluid and a couple of other things but it's nearly done!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao at least its alive now Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Wahey! Good to see it lives :-) I take it your engine bay is filthy now haha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty much, left the breather pipe off the rocker cover in my haste and it's fecking everywhere. And the floor is flooded with diesel. Ho hum, least it smells nice!
Thanks given by:
Haha classic derv tbh
Thanks given by:
Is it on the roads under it's own power yet Chris? You running diesel, veg or a mix?

You still got the same number aye? Might pop up tomorrow when I'm done on mine.
Thanks given by:
Not on the roads G, sat up on bricks at the minute! Needs brakes filling, PAS hose, gearbox oil, rear beam lowered, engine fine tuned and Bosch injectors. And headlights sorted as they don't seem to work, think I need a dash dimmer switch possibly. Will be home all day though so feel free to come visit!
Thanks given by:
Vinyl roof, 70's pimp-tastic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I have an idea for the roof, not sure if it will look any good though. Will knock up a quick photoshop
Thanks given by:
In fact scratch that, looks shit. Shall just plug the holes in the roof.
Thanks given by:
nice to see you got it running man give us a text when its ready to go on the road. Smile il come over and see it
Thanks given by:
Jordan won't be long now buddy, chucking it in for an MOT as soon as I get paid at the end of the month, fingers crossed another fortnight and everything will be sorted.

Weirdness though, the electrics have sorted themselves?!

Long story, but basically after I fired it up I went to sort the electrics. Got the plasma dials wired in, and the boost gauge, and the head unit. Pissy side note about the head unit, has full iphone compatability but turns out ONLY if you get the Alpine USB lead, an Apple one doesn't work. Raging as I bought the HU second hand, by the time I pay for an Alpine lead it'll work out £20 less than a brand spanking new one. Not happy.

Anyway, upon testing said electrics, I found the dipped beams didn't work and the wipers didn't self park. Lots of messing around with the wipers including changing the motor and never figured out the problem. Today they work normally. Could have been a flat battery, not sure, but one job less to do anyway.

Then the headlights. Checked ALL the fuses, relays, everything seemed normal. Replaced the ABS fuse just in case as I found it lying on the floor. Put the H7's back in and they worked, removed them and went back to the HID's and lo and behold, they now work. f*ck knows what the problem was but as long as they work now I don't care.

I also set the rear ride height in just over an hour. The joys of refurbed beams, even the eccentric washers came out without much resistance and the bars pulled out by winding an M8 bolt through a socket. DIY pullers work, but only if the beam's not seized lol

Anyway pics of the weekend's work, making slow progress.

Roof bars removed, HID's working at last

[Image: IMG_0447.jpg]

Rear ride height sorted

[Image: IMG_0448.jpg]

Rear sidelights and custom fog light sorted

[Image: IMG_0449.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0450.jpg]

Plasma dials, HU and boost gauge wired in (ignore the wetness, been pissing down all weekend...)

[Image: IMG_0446.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0445.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0444.jpg]

All it needs now is...

Exhaust fitting and mounting
Master cylinder fitting and brakes bleeding
New rear pads fitting (Only £15 delivered from GSF, bargain)
Fit handbrake cables
Threadlock rear studs
Pull/roll rear arches
Washer pump wiring extended to boot
Boost compensator plumbed in with boost gauge
Sort injector leak (teeny tiny one)
Finish clamping boost hoses
Pop my pump and turbo's cherry in a glorious ménage á trois

...and that's it. Bar picking up the odd trim panel. Anyone know if any models came with a plain insert where the dash dimmer panel goes? Want a plain one so I can fit switches for things, like a manual fan switch etc.

Couple of electrical gremlins too. I have no glowplug light on the dash and no high beam either, hope it's just bulbs. I know the ABS and airbag lights work so might just swap them over, anyone know where the glowplug light is?
Thanks given by:
Looks good, like it without the roof bars on! Same boost gauge as mine too, see if you can get the needle past the "S" in the word "boost" at the bottom of the dial ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
estates are sweet man, my bros one has gone into respray today, wheels go into powdercoat, coilovers being delivered today, hubcentrics on their way and gti 70mm lowered beam soon to be 110mm lowered Big Grin hmmm bumpstops Big Grin
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Looks good. Think the roof needs to be black or something. Looks odd without the roof bars
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sexy... Only word for it! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks epic! cant wait to see this! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Also my ph2 meridian had a blanking switch, most pov spec ones do too. I'll be going to the scrappy this week, I'll keep an eye out
Thanks given by:
Looks better than any estate I've seen roofbarless
It really works well!
Thanks given by:
Same blanking plate as a 106 and most ph1s had them!

Just so you know, the main beam indicator on the dash has to work for mot time Sad
Other than that, looking really good. Can't wait till fcs to see it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
its on halfords and Amazon , with these bits too ( Farecla 7167 G3 Professional Applicator Waffle Pads)

Scratch remover kit that is
Thanks given by:
nice man love the dials always wanted to do something like that but never thought id be able to do it as working on transits all my time me and small plastic bits/clips never worked out well Smile
Thanks given by:
Hey mate I have two of them blanking switch things. Got them from the scrappy today for you. Was a five finger discount Wink so if you want them just cover postage or if you can wait for them till FCS I can give them too you then?
Thanks given by:
Matt, are they just the blanking switches or the whole panel?

2 secs, update time
Thanks given by:
Just the switches. Didn't realise they did a blank panel?
Thanks given by:
I don't know if anyone did, might have to make one out of a full panel and fibreglass it or summink
Thanks given by:
I know they do a panel with just the two rectangle switches at the top could get that? There was one in a pov spec estate today
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:2 secs, update time

Update wut? Im waiting......
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,829 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707