Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Did you take the mirror apart when spraying them satin black? Smile Nicest estate ive ever seen!
Thanks given by:
I know it's over-played and is quite a risky mod, but have you considered chequering the roof black and white? Or red and white?

Just to give the car some definition when you remove the gash roof bars...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Remove roof bars, roughly fill over the holes then wrap the roof in velvet/leather 8-)
Thanks given by:
Dan have you any idea how daft a velvet roof would be? Imagine cleaning the bird crap off velvet!?

Trying to find some kind of cap for now, going to bung M8 bolts in the holes and cover them somehow. Want to be able to use the roof bars again one day.

'nanalad, removed the caps and took the mirrors off the car, just masked off the mirror glass. Dead easy, especially if you use the Upol direct to trim stuff (or similar)

As for painting process, simples.

1. key with 800 grit
2. primer
3. wet sand with 1200
4. colour

I'm using a direct gloss bianca white aerosol. Much easier than using clear. It's a twat to polish though so i'm only doing small areas with the stuff.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that! Ever think of using gutter bolts with a bit of silicone around the head of them to bung the holes?
Thanks given by:
You mean roofing botls, ones with the mushroom heads? There's an idea..
Thanks given by:
Yep there called gutter bolts around here lol I used one as a de-wiper bung and through the glass where i took my spoiler off.. Paint them any colour too or just leave them the way they are Smile
Thanks given by:
Good shout, will have to see if I can find any short ones. I have some M8 ones in the garage but they're about 10cm long lol
Thanks given by:
but it isnt just a bolt hole under the bars, its a section where the Hank nuts are fitted
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Correct, but as long as the holes are plugged i'm happy with that
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Good shout, will have to see if I can find any short ones. I have some M8 ones in the garage but they're about 10cm long lol

I suggest getting the hacksaw out, they will be short then Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Feck a hacksaw, angle grinder replaced that a long time ago!
Thanks given by:
More pictures yay!

Found out why my coilies were uneven and not as low as I wanted. Bumpstops. Turns out the dustcovers doubled as 2" thick bumpstops so these were hastily removed. Yes yes, they protect the shock, but after removing them I tested stroke with the shocks and they are far from bottoming out, the top mount practically disappeared inside the damper body without bottoming out. As they are there's about 2" of travel til the spring goes coilbound, which it will before the damper can bottom out. Also means it's sat neatly on the wheel arch now. Like so:

[Image: IMG_0436.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0438.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0437.jpg]

Excuse the bricks, if the car was on the floor I wouldn't be able to lift it again lmao I may also have to remove the stickers now too seen as it's not static ninja

Also here's my novel solution to the lack of foglight action. Introducing the MX5 rear fog!

[Image: IMG_0434.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0435.jpg]

lmao I personally like the custom (read: bodged) bracket made from about three L-brackets. It works, doesn't it?

Lastly, I need to know what these bits of the loom are. I don't know if they're supposed to be unused or what but I can't find a home for them.

[Image: IMG_0442.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0440.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0439.jpg]

And also a yellow one above the gearbox that I forgot to get a picture of. Ideas?
Thanks given by:
The anoying thing is I know ive seen all of those plugs before but i cant for the life of me think where the go
Thanks given by:
Never seen plugs like them, especially the square one. Can't find anywhere for them either within reach of the loom which is annoying.
Thanks given by:
there's some spare plugs in the engine bay on mine, I wouldn't worry until it won't start......
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
lmao

Is the pump earthed through the loom or the engine?

Where the crap's Darren or Ruan?
Thanks given by:
engine,
then the engine should have a earth strap to the body

SOLD

Thanks given by:
I had three unused plugs on mine. But can't remember what they were for.
Thanks given by:
Well.. nothing if they're unused Mark, surely? lmao

Can't find a plug to fit the sensor above the oil filter though
Thanks given by:
I mean, kris told me what they were for when fitted to different engines. They are for something just not on our engines.
Thanks given by:
Sweet, good enough for me. Just need an earth strap for the battery and job done!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Well.. nothing if they're unused Mark, surely? lmao

Can't find a plug to fit the sensor above the oil filter though
useualy a single wire on a 2 pin plug
for oil pressure AFAIK

SOLD

Thanks given by:
Ah, i've no oil pressure gauge so no loss there then. Least I know it's there if I need one.
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Ah, i've no oil pressure gauge so no loss there then. Least I know it's there if I need one.

No the oil pressure light on your dash that warns you of impending engine doom (usually only after its too late)

I wouldnt worry about, IIRC if its not connected then it cant earth and so the light wont ever come on.
Thanks given by:
Think i'm more likely to notice the piston flying out the bonnet before the oil level gets that low lol
Thanks given by:
Pug are always putting un-used plugs in the engine looms, cheaper to just make one all-encompassing loom and leave extra plugs I guess...

You'll have nothing to worry about with no dust boots if you make sure you face as much of the exposed shock body with copper grease as possible. I thought I had done a good job when I had GAZ coillies on my MX5, but a mechanic still put a lil more on to be sure.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
the 1st 2 look a lot like throttle body related plugs from a gti6.... I'm sure I saw those when I was fitting my ptfe gasket the other day...? Not sure about the last one though!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
the cable above the gearbox - you got reverse switch in there??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ginge aye there's a White plug I've connected just below the clutch arm. And obviously the VSS on the final drive. This is an extra wee plug though
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,827 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707