Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
NEVER!

Good news, the IC kit arrived. Shame I need more bits from mrsilicone to finish it, suppose I COULD mount the IC and some pipework today.. although the weather's a bit clatty
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thought you northerners never complained about the weather?! lol

Glad to see this coming along so well mate, cant wait to see the finished product, probably gonna be one of the best cars on here! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not complaining, just showing a level of can't-be-arsed-ness that's higher than normal. Still managed to get the IC to manifold piping routed though, pics and an update and a cheeky wee pump mod that some of you may or may not know about.

Hmm.
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update, didn't spend too long outside as I really can't be arsed today, been ill for like a week and getting sick of it.

Anyway, don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but the boost compensator on the Bosch points straight at the IC pipes if you use a Xantia/406 manifold. What I discovered today though is that a 406 semi ECU Bosch has a different union fitted to it, so as my lovely picture guide shows, you can now be as cool as me.

306 on the left, 406 on the right

[Image: DSCF1829.jpg]

13mm spanner

[Image: DSCF1830.jpg]

All separated

[Image: DSCF1831.jpg]

306 LDA cap reassembled

[Image: DSCF1832.jpg]

Fitted to the pump, pointing well away from the IC pipe and allowing the routing of the compensator hose wherever the feck you want. In my case, under and round the top pipe to a t-piece on the other side of it.

[Image: DSCF1835.jpg]

Speaking of FMIC pipes, got the IC - manifold pipes routed today. Missing a couple of 90deg bends so can't yet do the turbo - IC side but they should hopefully be here soon. Still managed to mount the IC and run pipes for now though. And oh god I need a pipe beader Sad

[Image: DSCF1833.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1834.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1837.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1838.jpg]

Also spun the top mounts 180degrees to sort the castor out and dropped the coilies as low as they'll go. Disappointed tbh, these D2's don't seem to go low at all despite a lot of people saying they're great for lows. Might have to look into shorter dampers as they're static at the minute, not a good idea.

[Image: DSCF1844copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1846copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1847copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1850copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1858copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1861copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1863copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1864copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1867copy.jpg]

That is all for today, back to bed and a Lemsip for me lol
Thanks given by:
looking so sick dude! that black IC looks mean!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Awwww, whats up with you hunneh? Sad

Oh, and the bolt in the top of the LDA housing, that wants to be wound all the way out so theres only 3/4 threads still in it Wink
Thanks given by:
Looking uber tidy fella, few things tho,

That compensator cap, you know you could have just mounted it the other way around, so it points off to the left, that's what most people do Smile

Also is that silicon hose specific fuel rated stuff you have there for fuel lines? As if not itl die, as a few people have found out the hard way Smile

Other than that, looking like an uber tidy install, its a shame it dosnt have a big blower / pump on it to demonstrate real derv power!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Looking uber tidy fella, few things tho,

That compensator cap, you know you could have just mounted it the other way around, so it points off to the left, that's what most people do Smile

Also is that silicon hose specific fuel rated stuff you have there for fuel lines? As if not itl die, as a few people have found out the hard way Smile

Other than that, looking like an uber tidy install, its a shame it dosnt have a big blower / pump on it to demonstrate real derv power!

Darren, you just answered your own question regarding the compensator cap, that's what everyone else does. Not me Wink Means I can route the pipe where I want, not where it HAS to go. You should know as well as anyone that if something doesn't fit, find a way of making it fit.

Yeah the hose is fuel specific, got it from a Motorbike parts store who advised me it definitely IS fuel hose, however i'm concerned at the thought of running veg, might just take it easy and see how it goes.

And Dan!.'@#]![, standard pump and turbo ftw. Want to know how a standard DT drives before I throw the stock stuff in the bin Smile
Thanks given by:
looks really good! what happened to getting the black pipes?
really smart layout
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's the universal IC kit from eBay, company called Toyosports. Needs a couple of 90 degree bends though that I ordered from mrsilicone, along with some 2" ally pipe for the inlet and a couple of 90deg reducers.

The black 90degs will be going under the chassis so they can't be seen.
Thanks given by:
Loving that image now! Is that engine in and running now??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Nah still need to get some leakoff pipes to replace between the injectors and from injector 4 to the pump. Need to fill it with fluids too (ooh err!)
Thanks given by:
Update time!

That's me just starting a week off work, the aim is to have this running by the end of it ready for an MOT, tax and insurance. And the odd fiddly non important job.

First game today, I-Spy.

[Image: DSCF1868copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1869copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1870copy.jpg]

Want to see the rest of it?

[Image: DSCF1883copy.jpg]

Spent a bit of time relocating the original washer bottle too. Rerouted the wiring from the tailgate to in the rear quarter and cut up the original trim to fit over it. Looks fairly OEM and i'm happy with it for now. Just need to find a lid that fits!

[Image: DSCF1876copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1877copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1879copy.jpg]

And finally, in the pissing rain and hail, I got the gti beam fitted. And filled the boot with spare wheels etc to see what ride height I want. Thoughts?

[Image: DSCF1880copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1887copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1890copy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That intercooler setup looks absolutely epic!

Top work mate!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Ride height is spot on at the back!
Engine bay looks mint! What about a red rocker cover?
Thanks given by:
Worrying thing is I think the front shocks are bottoming out as they are. These coilies really won't go any lower. Going to pile some weight on the front end to see if it will drop any more but I think that's all they can give. Shame really, they were a bargain too. Could be the fact i've still got 4deg camber though so will straighten them up and see how they sit.

A pal of mine is polishing up a spare rocker cover. Hopefully get a nice mirror finish and throw some clear coat on it for durability. There's enough red there as there is!
Thanks given by:
Good progress Big Grin
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
grrrr jealous of dturbo awesomeness! As the others have said that FMIC setup looks epic and im jealous of the shinyness! Maybe once im out of uni ill have to buy something like this and do an entire rebuild! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks smart now..

how is that inlet piped up? custom jobby, or it coming off the standard piping?
Thanks given by:
Custom jobby mate. silicone u-bend, 2" silicone squeezed up past the servo. 2" to 2.5" 90 degree bend at the bulkhead, 2.5" 90 degree bend above the gearbox, filter. Done.

It's fecking tight though!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:It's fecking tight though!

Told you it would be. :clap:

to be fair pal, im running the turbo & U bend, thats all, no filter as the weather is drying up. Some lovely spool up sounds and chatter.

But looks nice Smile
Thanks given by:
Will that I/c and filter piping vibrate on idle as they're unsupported ?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
They are unsupported... For now
Thanks given by:
Love your pipe routing on the drivers side, and nice solution to the top cap problem, very tidy. Looks a lot less cluttered than most XUD bays somehow.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looking awesome,Hope to get to FCS to see this! FM set-up looks great too.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
like so much this estate. congratz, cant wait to see this finished dude!! Big Grin
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
ARGHHHH having a crisis! Major case of the cba's but i'm about five minutes from getting this thing running, bummer!

Leakoffs arrived, as did the rest of my hose clamps, just need to fit the wiring loom now and tap the FMIC pipes for the boost compensator and we SHOULD have a runner.

Considering this is basically dry at the minute, any suggestions for first start? Also, when I prime the fuel system with the grenade it seems to lose pressure after a minute or two, bad sign?

Anyway regardless of that, some cosmetic updates.

First, remember that flaky arch under the O/S rear door? A la here?

[Image: IMG_0206.jpg]

No more!

[Image: DSCF1897.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1898.jpg]

Need to polish it slightly but managed to paint it without leaving much of a lip so barely any touching up needed! But then I went and pulled the arch for clearance and cracked the rest of the paint ninja

Got the satin black paint out too and got cracking with the trim. Looks epical without the roof bars but I really don't want to have to paint the entire roof, was thinking of screw in grommets but they'd look gash, can you get flush fit ones anywhere?

[Image: DSCF1901.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1892.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1896.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1895.jpg]

Oh and the eagle eyed will have noticed the white door handles too. Painted them on the car, bit of a bodge tbh, i've painted the ph3 rub strips now too and fitted the rear fog light in a rather unconventional place... pics tomorrow ninja

For now here's the rest of today's pics

[Image: DSCF1894.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1893.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1899.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1902.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was it particularly difficult painting the door handles on the car? I'm going to be doing much the same to mine soon hopefully. Looking fapping awesome dude, like the satin black details, keep up the good work, wish I could make it to fcs to see this in the flesh. Sad
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah just make sure you mask absolutely everything, paint can't half travel!
Thanks given by:
How did you go about painting?
What kinda grit paper?
Course for a key
Primer
Medium
Paint
Fine
Laquer?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 27,076 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707