Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
FYI, couple of points the guide misses.

1. The standard setup has two rubber gaiters on it, one above the pivot and one below. Fit the lower one to the compbrake style shifter, stops crap getting into the cabin and reduces noise.

2. The lower collar appears to be a poor fit on the eBay jobs, the range of movement is limited by it so 2nd and reverse don't engage properly, when you pull back on the gear stick it arcs round towards centre. If you fit a GE style quickshift to shorten forwards/backwards throw this isn't an issue. Otherwise it makes it a PITA and you look like a clown failing to get it in gear. Would be worth using just the upper collar to keep the desired range of movement and araldite-ing it in place
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cannot wait to see this at the FCS... Absolutly epic work my friend! Hats off to you! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ here here. my kind of project. carnt wait to see at fcs. :dance:
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good
I will add the but about the rubber boot to the guide. I did actually fit one on mine after about 5 miles down the road! Just forgot to add it lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yay pay day! £300 down the drain already. Hopefully get a BIG box of treats for the weekend ninja
Thanks given by:
Right, i've put my bank card away. For now.

BIG update coming later, lots of plans over the next fortnight and I'm off work for a week from the 6th so lots to be done, including a rather interesting looking airbox and intake ninja
Thanks given by:
Right, pay day means update time and some fast moving progress.

We'll start with the intercooler kit and induction kit. I have coming:

Universal 2.25" FMIC piping kit
63mm 2 1/2" Aluminium Alloy Tube Hose Pipe Tube 1m
Red Silicone Hose Elbow 90 Degree 63mm
Red Silicone Hose Elbow 90 Degree 51mm 4 Ply
51mm 2" OD Aluminium Alloy Tube Heater Hose Pipe 1m
56mm - 59mm SILICONE HOSE ACE T BOLT CLIPS QTY 10
57mm 2 1/4" Aluminium Alloy Tube Hose Pipe Tube 1m
Three different sizes of ACE SILICONE HOSE CLAMPS CLIPS QTY 10
Red Silicone Hose 90 Reducing Elbow 60-51mm 4 Ply
Red Silicone Hose Elbow 180 Degree 51mm 4 Ply
Red Silicone Hose 90 Reducing Elbow 57-51mm 4 Ply
Red Silicone Hose Elbow 90 Degree 57mm 4 Ply
Battery box for a caravan
Red cone air filter

Multiples of some item on the list like elbows etc. Here's why in picture form.

Routing of the intercooler pipes and inlet pipes

[Image: DSCF1818.jpg]

Red - intercooler
Green - inlet
Orange - step in ID size
Blue - air box

The manifold side of the FMIC is going to go through the chassis where the washer bottle neck normally is (the washer bottle's going in the boot) with the help of a hole saw. The turbo side of the FMIC is going round the back of the engine as I really didn't like the way a pipe would have to be squeezed up by the master cylinder.

The inlet pipe is going to run alongside the FMIC pipe round the back of the engine. Both pipes will come over the gearbox with a 90degree reducer to take the inlet pipe to 2.5" and the FMIC pipe to 2.25" which it will remain throughout the system.

The FMIC pipe will drop in front of the gear box and around the chassis leg to the FMIC. The inlet pipe will go over the top, through a 90 degree bend and into an airbox that's going to be made from a caravan battery box, like so:

[Image: DSCF1819.jpg]

Green - pipes and filter
Blue - airbox
Orange - rubber seal
Red - drainage hole
White/shaded - cutaway of the Evo bonnet vent

The box i'll be using is like so:

[Image: %24(KGrHqJHJBgE8e6)BkfHBPITgB,rVg~~60_12.JPG]

The filter will sit in the main large part of the box. The dividing wall will be used to keep out dirt and water and crap as the bonnet vent will be opened up. The smaller section will be used to collect water etc and a drainage hole will be knocked up to carry water away under the car so the airbox doesn't fill up with l'eau. As the French say. The dividing wall will be opened out to allow air to pass through from one chamber to the other.

This will be an open topped air box, with a rubber door seal type thing sealing it to the underside of the bonnet. Filter will be on show when it's open and tucked away from the elements when closed.

Should work pretty nicely. Will at least look pretty anyway!
Thanks given by:
Very well thought out and planned mate, there are diagrams and everything! lol Really though that's great progress, at least you're off soon and can get working on it all. The end is in sight Wink
Thanks given by:
The 7 P's Scott. Prior preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance Wink

My RDO's this week are Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so get to batter in then! Have loads of electrical connectors, hoses, clips, all sorts on the way too. Shame I cant afford to MOT, tax and insure it until the end of May. Talk about cutting the deadline close!
Thanks given by:
Is a 2.25 gunna fit through the washer bottle hole?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nope, but it won't be washer bottle hole sized for long Wink
Thanks given by:
Have you seen the slimline washer bottle I have for sale? Might be able to make use of that.....
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Have you seen the slimline washer bottle I have for sale? Might be able to make use of that.....

/shamelessplug
Thanks given by:
Yep Big Grin Its cheap and probably useful though ninja
Thanks given by:
Amazing mate. Really well planned this.
Hope it all works out!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Balls, my shiny IC pipes didn't turn up Sad I do have fuel lines though so I may be able to fire the engine up this weekend if I have oil somewhere in the back of the shed!

Just in from work to find my sticky sticks have arrived so here's an eyeful. Just because I can.

[Image: DSCF1822.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1823.jpg]

Spot the novel way to hide the rear quarter damage? lmao

[Image: DSCF1825.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1824.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1826.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1827.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1828.jpg]

Ho hum.
Thanks given by:
looks bloody good mate! not sure on the ones on the rear widscreen though, theyre not very "white and red" lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
like what i see m8

you go more lower right?
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Of course, can't set the ride height until I have the engine running or I won't be able to run the car onto bricks or anything to get a jack under lol
Thanks given by:
Will the stickers under the bonnet get hot/peel off Smile
Thanks given by:
Dunno to be honest?
Thanks given by:
Just fyi Chris, you might have problems fitting BOTH pipes along the back of the engine bay... You may find you'll need to put one coming past the master cylinder...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a challenge Ruan Wink
Thanks given by:
FYI, stickers under the bonnet should be fine. Had loads on my 205 and they were never a problem, and Pompeymark has a load aswel and from what I saw they looked fine lol

And also, a friend of mine 'Mowle5677' who has paddy's old silver 5dr (for those that remember it!) has the IC piping coming off the turbo and around the back of the engine with the standard inlet piping there too. Its a bit tight but it works Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers Dan. I've gutted the engine bay round back so there's nothing there apart from the pipes so hoping to squeeze it through, it's 2" for both IC and inlet pipes aswell until the 90deg bends over the gearbox, tighty mctight!

Pissed off though, placed an order with MrSilicone on eBay last Thursday morning. Spent a good £200 with them, got a message Friday saying they had no 90deg red silicone in stock so replied immediately saying fine send black as those pipes will be hidden. Monday afternoon and still not even marked as dispatched. f*cking joke. Was hoping to have it all here by today or tomorrow, ah well am off work for 8 days come Sunday so plenty of time to fettle. Might even have it running by then too.. ninja
Thanks given by:
Ah well, thats the price you pay for cheaper prices on ebay, asshole sellers and 'lost' stuff in the post. Sometimes I just bite the bullet and buy stuff in person because its more expensive but at least you can walk away with it in your hand lol

Il try get them springs posted to you this evening mate, was real busy friday so didnt get time :oops:
Thanks given by:
Not you as well Dan!? lmao

FML
Thanks given by:
You've lost me..... :-|
Thanks given by:
Just like mrsilicone didn't get time? lol
Thanks given by:
Ahhhhhhh.....

Its monday - leave me alone... Sad

lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,829 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707