SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
Track worthy... road worthy.... kind of the same thing. Ill just be happy to have it working and then i can do further stuff in my own time.

Once ive got it back ill take the rear bench and carpet out, put the buckets and harnesses in if its actually possible and then fit the steering wheel.

Theres still loads to fit which im in no rush to fit.... the lightened fly, gear linkages, coilovers and solid top mounts, seam welded subframe, baker bm wishbones, PAS relocation, ecu and throttlebodies etc.

Ive got a lot of other things on at the moment and although im on 2 weeks holiday i dont have enough time to do all that and frankly i just want to see what its like without that stuff.
Thanks given by:
okay time for an update!

So the car has been with Carl Chambers for a few weeks now and he has been fitting it around other jobs to keep the costs down. Ive had no need for the car so this works for me as well. 

Cambelt
Replacement Aux Belt and Pulleys
Oil Leak - Camshaft seals replaced
Rust Chassis Front
Raise Rear beam and fit anti roll bar caps
Replace Radiator
Replace Battery Cable
Replace Rack Gaiter
Fit fuel tank exhaust shield
Refit and align N/S Headlight
Tracking
Balance and reseal wheels
Exhaust Blowing
Fit Gear Robs

It then went through its MOT and passed with the following advisories,
 - steering pivot point has slight play nearside inner.... so that will be ball joint which wil be fixed when i fit my seam welded subframe.
 - Tack rod end ball joint as slight play offside.

Total cost... £450 and £40 for the MOT which is extremely reasonable. That includes the £85 Rallye AUX pulley kit as my pulleys were cracked. I supplied the parts for the cambelt swap. So a few pictures... picking it up from chambers who now has containers filled and topped with cars!

[Image: IMG_20160307_100148_zpsp3yuu3fv.jpg]

and once i got to work at the watersports centre.

[Image: IMG_20160307_174808_zpszee3zae7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160307_164906_zpsizclfhcj.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160307_174933_zps2waexl8j.jpg]

So yeh. Got it back now! Done a few hours driving in it and its good fun. Saab has ruined how fast it feels and youve got to keep it up around 5k to rinse the power out of it. Im sure it will be all good on track. Carl didnt fit the baker bm top engine mount as it looked a bit small almost like a 205 one. Ill check it out as i think baker bm now have an updated one. Im ill at the moment and spent the last 36 hours in bed. Hopefully ill find some time to throw the buckets and omp wheel in it to make it feel a bit more track like.
Thanks given by:
Good to see it finally on the road,give us a shout if your free at the weekend could go clean the cars and then for a hoon round Shotley and suffolk waterproof  area.

So when we putting the bodies on it Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
where is the waterproof area? Unfortunately im in london sailing... but i will be going in the rallye!

bodies later!
Thanks given by:
Looking a good height in that shot mate, looking forward to seeing this in the flesh.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Yeh everyone thinks the height looks good in that photo. Rear is how I want it. Front actually needs to go down 20mm as its standard at the moment.

Dads driven it tonight and said it was lovely haha
Thanks given by:
-60mm if I remember what I set it at but was for your 5 door originally
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Yeh it was down 60 for the 1.8 but it's now more like 35
Thanks given by:
Noticed that the parcel shelf was a bit floppy on one side and the fabric had split open to reveal the yellow inside. I've now fitted my last remaining spare shelf which is good as new Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice to see the Rallye back on the road. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate,really miss my old black rallye on those shadow chrome wheels!
Thanks given by:
Glad it's properly on the road now. Feel different to the 1.8?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2016, 12:27 AM)Matt Wrote: Glad it's properly on the road now. Feel different to the 1.8?

yeh its a lot heavier and more planted. Its the gti6 beam that makes all the difference i reckon. Still got rubbish shock absorbers on the rear so hopefully itll be even better once ive got something decent on there. 

Still not sure what route to go down. Smash the coilovers on etc or just fit new bilstein stuff all round with 30mm springs...

Keep and hack the original radio to have bluetooth and aux in... or fit my kenwood KDC-BT92sd.

Ive bought a new loom for the kenwood KDC-BT92sd anyway as the clip that holds it in has broken. Whether I keep it or sell it it needs a new loom anyway. £5.50! Bargain.
Thanks given by:
bilstien grp n rears get my vote brilliant shocks
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(15-03-2016, 09:39 PM)Stef205 Wrote: bilstien grp n rears get my vote brilliant shocks

got a part number for those or a link?
Thanks given by:
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/pe...mpers.html

listed for 205's but same fitment
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Car is clean(er) and tripoding when parked on the slope in the drive.

[Image: IMG_20160314_173729_zps5uzzzy7q.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160314_173741_zpsqoxpbt3q.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160314_173746_zpsnjtmzkmw.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160315_215839_zpshaxktke3.jpg]

Its still dirty in places and a bit mucky so will do a proper deep clean soon once ive got hold of some autoglym super resin polish.
Thanks given by:
So the car is going well and could easily be left how it is for a while. I still have no idea what i want to do with it. I did always want a track car and caged but its all pretty standard and complete so dont want to strip it beyond ever putting it back to standard. Im going to do the same as what i did with the 1.8 and just throw in the buckets and wheels and remove the rear bench. Havent got the money right now for a cage.

Theres only 11 weeks till FCS so better consolidate the work to do!

Small Jobs to do
Full Deep Clean and Polish
Clean engine bay
Put spare wheel back under the car
Fix centre console thats falling apart
Unlock standard headunit

Future Jobs to do
Fit Focal 165V speakers 
Hack aux into stock headunit - else fit kenwood headunit
Fit buckets and Harnesses
Fit OMP Wheel
Fit Coilovers and solid top mounts
Replace rear shocks - probably refurbing the AVOS

Future Future Plans
Relocate PAS
Replace all engine mounts
Fit welded subframe and meyle HD wishbones.

Future Future Future Plans
Fit Throttlebodies
Fit ECU and beg someone else to make the loom!
Fit Slim line fans
Fit Wide Band Lambda
Fit Lightened Fly 
Buy and fit LSD as well.
Cage
Thanks given by:
Im sure ill have time after fcs to help with wiring etc. If you have a diagram and can supply beer my workshop is open for a weekend hit for you
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So it won't be throttle bodied in time for FCS track?....oh what a shame Wink
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2016, 08:09 AM)lolsteve Wrote: So it won't be throttle bodied in time for FCS track?....oh what a shame Wink

Wont need to be to decimate what your bringing too the party Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Is the loom that much different between the 1.8 and GTi?
Thanks given by:
No its identical. I could just plug in the existing one but several people would shoot me...
Thanks given by:
They'd have you catch you first...bwarp... Tongue

I didn't think it was that bad tbh lol. lol
Thanks given by:
So in order to add some variety to the massive ringing noise the piper exhaust is making i set about removing the stock radio. Couldnt remember how the latches worked but used various screw drivers and knives for about an hour before moving to alternate means. Somebody prior to me had obviously attacked it all as the facia was in several pieces. In the end i removed the top glove box and speedo so i could remove the bolts behind the facia and remove it in one piece. Absolute pain!

[Image: IMG_20160318_173851_zpso73ialoi.jpg]

Removing the top glovebox i also found reels of wires for the alarm system. Ill have to have a big session seeing where that all goes and removing it as it doesnt do anything right now.

Radio removed from the facia I superglued it all back together as I amazingly found all five pieces!

[Image: IMG_20160318_184707_zps5q66xxsi.jpg]

All back together now and i need to refit it. Also the stock radio still has the sticker on it so i can work out the code and get it working. Im going to take it apart and hope to hack an aux into it and then plug a bluetooth receiver into the aux. Its something I want to try but in reality Ill probably be fitting my proper headunit!

[Image: IMG_20160318_185108_zpscbu5amzq.jpg]

Other issue ive found is that because of the manual mirrors i dont have anywhere to put the tweeters for my focal 165vs. Im thinking ill probably just fit the woofers and do without the tweeters which is a shame but there is no where to put them without it being super tacky!
Thanks given by:
On your headunit there should be two bar codes. take the lower one should start C7. Mine is missing that barcode sticker so Im hoping that the other code will work. If not its going to have to go in the bin or ill see if i can find the one out of my 1.4 which has been in the shed for years.
Thanks given by:
With the 5 door the OMP bucket seat subframes are sinmply adapters for the base of the stock seats. You unbolt the stock seat from the stock subframe, bolt the adapter to the stock subframe and then bolt the bucket on.

So i was hoping to take the rallye seats out and strip the 3 door subframe but it would see that one side is bolted on but the other side is welded.

[Image: QkMj3.jpg]
[Image: ELjiL.jpg]
[Image: 5Narp.jpg]
Pictures taken from a .net guide of fitting 3 door seats to 5 doors: http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/index....3doorseats

So looks like I will be fitting my omp 3 door subframes along with the universal sliders I have. Hopefully I have enough bolts to do it! And nuts come to think of it... Ill start with the passenger side and at least that keeps it driveable. In the long run im probably looking to get some comfy buckets as the monaco pros are pretty basic. I think Day666 has nice ones which i tried at FCS.

just googling 306 3 door subframes im coming up with my old pictures. So this is how they mount without sliders. So from slider to seat the seat frame is threaded so they bolt on. For slider to subframe I reckon Im going to need a whole load of washers and nuts.

[Image: IMG_20140421_162046_zpspmj09kpq.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking into Coolant. ECP have the Triple QX stuff which i guess is fine. Cheers to Toms306 for the following info. With a 1:2 mix i.e. a third coolant it looks like a 5L bottle of red will suffice. Ill use 2.5L and Dan will use 2.2L in his 1.4. Need to find 11L of distilled water now as well.

Coolant from the Haynes capacities list, page 1A.2.

1.1 and 1.4 - 6.5 litres
1.6 - 7 litres
1.8 and 2.0 - 7.5 litres

1.8 and 1.9 XUD - 9 litres
1.9 DW engine - 8.2 litres
2.0 (HDi) - 8.5 litres
Thanks given by:
Managed to get some time working on the car today. Put back in the superglued together centre console. It fits really well and its all bolted in securely now. Clock back in along with buttons. Cigaratte lighter wouldnt fit as i should have fitted it before gluing it together however a few bits of plastic cut and a cable tie to secure and it was done. Also replaced the lower panel with a spare i had which removed the LED and the hole that was drilled in it for the non functioning alarm.

[Image: IMG_20160325_155705_zpslfzhsist.jpg]

It came with a clarion headunit but not the code. I dug out my spare clarion head unit and that also had no code... I ended up fitting my kenwood headunit with a replacement loom after i broke the last one. luckily only £6. Set the colours to be the standard orange same as the dash and clock.

[Image: IMG_20160325_160645_zpsdwhj5n7k.jpg]

I then wanted to fit my focal 165vs. They consist of a crossover woofer and tweeters. The rallye has manual mirrors so i couldnt mount the tweeters there and i didnt want to mount them on the dash or cut holes in the door cards. My idea was to fit my spare electric mirrors as they can be pushed into place. I removed the manual one on the passenger side and fitted the electric one. Door cards removed and the doors are untouched! Seems to be some weird connector which im not sure what it does.

[Image: IMG_20160325_161145_zpsljdebs2d.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160325_161214_zpsttvfshrc.jpg]

Then i went back on myself. I decided that removing the mirror stalks didnt look particularly rallyeish. I tested the sound quality between the full system and just the woofer wired in and there was a difference but anything has to be better than stock. Fitted the manual mirror again. Door card on. Speaker spacer on and speaker in!

[Image: IMG_20160325_171306_zpscqkeokiy.jpg]

Cover on! Also found the window winders are no different to 5 door rear ones. Replaced the faded original ones with some newer ones.

[Image: IMG_20160325_172545_zpsmplbe4r8.jpg]

Whilst I had my box of spare interior bits out I found a replacement map light as the one that came with the car had been all smashed up.

[Image: IMG_20160325_180559_zpsynohcjtv.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160325_180705_zpsasn0psga.jpg]

As it was getting dark I took some pictures to measure up the rallye decals which i am going to reproduce. Shouldnt be difficult and I have the vectors ready to cut. Just need to get them the right size!

[Image: IMG_20160325_183041_zps9fvpyt5o.jpg]

Final dark shot! Will have to do some photography things soon. Anyway good progress, not a large amount of work for the time it took as I spent a lot of time listening to the charts to try and warm up. Also found that once the car got up to 100 degrees the radiator started loosing coolant. Ill have to keep my eye on that. 3 more days of work to come hopefully! Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20160325_183834_zpsu8ptepra.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very late to the party here, but coming back to the rust, my HDi has rust on the bulkhead in the same place. I've seen a few like that now.. Also I'd keep a close eye on those repairs, looks like only the bare minimum has been cut out which could cause issues further down the line. Was the chassis rust treated whilst you had access?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 20,367 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,926 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 382,626 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta