The Racetractor. The End.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Racetractor. The End.
I wasnt the one driving lol it was dum dums rallye. Some of you lot really need to get out more.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
This project thread has just turned into a slating match haha
Thanks given by:
Turned into? I think it's been that since it started!

People like winding Piggy up...and he bites every time... lol
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye , 1616six
(04-09-2015, 08:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Turned into?  I think it's been that since it started!

nah tom piggy is just going a long with it all and drinking his tea. He knows what the lads are like on here lol
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 12:34 PM)procta Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 08:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Turned into?  I think it's been that since it started!

nah tom piggy is just going a long with it all and drinking his tea. He knows what the lads are like on here lol

Well said.

Things changed some time back and now I play like it like tetris with my mug of tea in one hand and my feet up chilling! Haha

(03-09-2015, 10:04 PM)adam b Wrote: 125 two up in a standard rallye. Course you did Mr Hamilton.

Also well said!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I thought I would have provoked more of a reaction suggesting an ADI take driving lessons.

Must try harder
Thanks given by:
Piggy bashing is par for the course.
I personally uphold everything he has said.
His car, his choice.

Matt rallye just loves to think his rallye is faster than anything else out there, due to some spurious dyno reading somewhere.

XUDs FTW.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Love you danny! Haha!

Still cant find this bloody knock on N/S/F.

Greased up a slightly loose caliper this eve thinking it was tht... No joy.

Any suggestions? No play in any joints. Knocks when accelerating hard or sharp brake
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
get round every bolt with a bar and check nothing needs nipping up?

Not sure what to suggest if you can't find any play in joints - subraframe at an outside chance?

Or poss something in the damper / top mount ..etc
Thanks given by:
Love you too babe.   
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 07:14 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: get round every bolt with a bar and check nothing needs nipping up?

Not sure what to suggest if you can't find any play in joints - subraframe at an outside chance?

Or poss something in the damper / top mount ..etc

May need to get it to my local friendly garage with a pit to get a bigger bar in while there is load on it all.

Really bugging me.

Ive checked everything that has a bolt on it lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get it on an mot ramp with a wobble plate on it
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Your welcome to drive all the way here and use our atl with proper automated shaker plates. Or you know turn the radio up.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 06:30 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Piggy bashing is par for the course.
I personally uphold everything he has said.
His car,  his choice.

Matt rallye just loves to think his rallye is faster than anything else out there, due to some spurious dyno reading somewhere.

XUDs FTW.

Love this! lol

But FYI i dont think my rallye is the fastest thing ever, In fact this has all stemmed from me criticizing his DRIVING, if you actually open your eyes and read something properly you will see that i wrote he has built an undoubtedly amazing bit of kit and needs to learn how to drive the thing properly lol

My dyno print out has f*ck all bearing on the car, if mines so amazingly freakishly powered... why is zakks faster? ninja
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Coz you drive about as fast as me lol

But then, maybe like me, you value your car more than impressing people who aren't impressed unless you have done exactly what they wanted you to do. I feel I drove to the limit of my ability and the cars cooling capability. I would never wish to do any more than that for my sake and others on track ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/WdThgjRcg4A
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/wBhWlSamtG4
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Had it at Mickey Kellets... Still cant find knock... But on up side, it's getting worse so hopefully it become more obvious before it falls off lol

Have a pic or two:

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
shame piggy its going to be the end, are you planning on doing another engine conversion?
Thanks given by:
Checked your top engine mount cradle recently?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 06:20 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Checked your top engine mount cradle recently?

It's nearside.

After today, definitely n/s and defo suspensiom related. 

I'm thinking top mount or damper itself.

Todays full update at a later date :lolut... 

Epic day. Nothing broke. Went fast in the wet. Went sideways in the wet. Coolant/oil/egt all bob on!

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yaah one of the few not overheating xuds!! well done man
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Went out as a passenger in this in the wet at combe, and if it was a sunday drive then I guess piggy was late for church cause he wasn't shy of finding the limits of grip on the corners. Shame didn't get back out in the dry as it's a capable car on track.

Pretty amazed to see an xud hold steady water temps after some sustained chronic abuse - still a little on the hotside, but held steady, whereas all I've seen before is them creep and creep up until you have to back off.

Why you'd want to sack off an engine that is finally setup right and behaving itself is beyond me.
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2015, 07:50 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Went out as a passenger in this in the wet at combe, and if it was a sunday drive then I guess piggy was late for church cause he wasn't shy of finding the limits of grip on the corners. Shame didn't get back out in the dry as it's a capable car on track.

Pretty amazed to see an xud hold steady water temps after some sustained chronic abuse - still a little on the hotside, but held steady, whereas all I've seen before is them creep and creep up until you have to back off.

Why you'd want to sack off an engine that is finally setup right and behaving itself is beyond me.

Must of grown some balls since FCS then lol and im very very glad to hear its being used & abused properly finally! Big Grin  nice one piglet!

Obviously its gonna get warmer than road use on track but how bad is it? If it can now take a fair punishing on track without having to back off to let it cool down then thats job done surely? Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It was 95 ish the whole track time, hit 100 once that I saw. But I never backed off.
Oil temps were around 100/105, no oil cooler.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
me going sideways at Camp...

this may well need to be bought off the photo chap and put on a canvas me thinks!

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/6mg_I6KFJjU
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cool car, shit font, it's like bloody comic sans for fucks sake!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
It's not comic sans. I spent ruddy ages when started doing text to choose a font. I like it. So Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks like its pulling pretty well! Just leave the drifting to the experts Smile
Thanks given by: