The Astor Platinum Onyx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Astor Platinum Onyx
So me,will and few other went to fast show at santa pod on Sunday was nice to give it run out (1:30 mins each way) didn't really get the push the tyres much as I'd the jet washer the previous day had knocked of the wheel weight Sad 

Thinking of going back up later in the year to a run Wat ya brung event just to see what I can getsomething near 14.5 second would be great.

[attachment=22377][attachment=22378]
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Looking good man. I'll have to pop in and see this at some point as I think your only just down the road! Not sure about quarter mile times never really got into it. I ran my 205gti back in the day at 15 something.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah sound good,I hang around with Will quite alot so eventually i'll bump into you lol
Thanks given by:
Ok so mot it the yesterday and fitted the rear yellow stuff pads the fronts and on order and should be here Tuesday.Also got round to pasting up my million a one exhaust ones Sad 

So obviously it passed it's mot but found a few issues one being the weird knocking noise which I know now was the passenger side coilover shock moving in its bush,I did a little bit of research into getting them rebuild and seems like a ball ache and considering they cost me 200 2 years ago there've served me very well.Found some spax rsx's (second hand)for a reasonable price so may get them tomorrow.
[attachment=22449] 
Thanks given by:
Time for a nice titanium exhaust system ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 09:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: Time for a nice titanium exhaust system ThumbsUp

God I wish...

Got some spax rsx coilovers and steering wheel boss ordered this morning so should be on in the next week or so.

Got my renewal from greenlight the other day which is £279 a year all mod declared,chuffed is a understatement Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Dick. just had mine as 845 for tptf Sad
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 01:39 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Dick. just had mine as 845 for tptf Sad

just to let you know... im fully comp for 440 on the saab  Heart
Thanks given by:
So little bit of a update after the mot I knew the coilovers where f*cked so sourced myself some spax rsx second hand (ofcourse) hopefully they last as long as the kw did.
[attachment=22595] 

The new pad's came aswell,so be testing them out in a few weeks at combe.
[attachment=22594] 

Got the boss for steering wheel still not 100 percent shure about the wheel,thinking out spraying the centre matt black 
[attachment=22593]
Thanks given by:
So did the front brakes on Friday aswell as refitted the strut brace and fitted the koni s.quite a nice day as the koni s where already at the height I wanted so no messing round they,just changed over the top mounts over.Had about a 40 mile drive on them seems good,no more bad noises.

Also I'm now running the brakes in aswell so aim to drive to work a few times in the 6 and the trip to combe should bed them in.How many miles do pads take to bed in before any hard braking ?? 

Sorry about the shitty pic but there is noticeable yellow now all round Smile
[attachment=22742] 
Thanks given by:
Dont really take long to bed in mate. 1st few times when breaking just do go easy on the brake pedal then gradually get harder on the pedal over time. Couple time to work and back they will be fine
Thanks given by:
If they are yellowstuff the box probably mentions they are pre-bedded pads. Well the ones I bought the other day say they are. I still eye ebc with great suspicion as greens nearly killed me a few years ago in my 205. And really how good can £45 pads be?!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 11:04 PM)adam b Wrote: If they are yellowstuff the box probably mentions they are pre-bedded pads. Well the ones I bought the other day say they are. I still eye ebc with great suspicion as greens nearly killed me a few years ago in my 205. And really how good can £45 pads be?!

Yeah would never use greens after watching steve in the grass at combe lol

I know well I'll give them a short next week and see,can't really knock em for that price,i was using ferodo 'normal' pads before found I had a huge crack on pad when I took it off so always a nice feeling when you've got  your moneys worth out of them
Thanks given by:
I steer clear of ebc pads.
Green stuff is shite and have doubts about the rest of the range
Thanks given by:
Where did you get your steering wheel boss from mate?
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 02:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(30-03-2015, 01:39 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Dick. just had mine as 845 for tptf Sad

just to let you know... im fully comp for 440 on the saab  Heart
Also a dick lol

(20-04-2015, 12:47 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(19-04-2015, 11:04 PM)adam b Wrote: If they are yellowstuff the box probably mentions they are pre-bedded pads. Well the ones I bought the other day say they are. I still eye ebc with great suspicion as greens nearly killed me a few years ago in my 205. And really how good can £45 pads be?!

Yeah would never use greens after watching steve in the grass at combe lol

I know well I'll give them a short next week and see,can't really knock em for that price,i was using ferodo 'normal' pads before found I had a huge crack on pad when I took it off so always a nice feeling when you've got  your moneys worth out of them
I preferred the mintex stock pads to the greenstuffs (not just because of the incident), on track they seemed about par but on road greenstuffs felt like they needed warming up especially during winter
The EBC grooved discs are holding up better than the mintex ones though that warped after like 2 sessions.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
[attachment=22812]
[attachment=22813]
[attachment=22814]
[attachment=22815]
[attachment=22816]
[attachment=22817]
[attachment=22818]
[attachment=22819]
[attachment=22820]
[attachment=22821]

And saving the best for last. There was dozens of you from Combe yesterday that I deleted as they were blurred (you were going too fast obvs)

[attachment=22822]
Thanks given by:
Is that lift Big Grin

Cheers chris,tom and everyone that attended action day and pugrun was a absolutely epic weekend,car was faultless Smile

Got some paided for photos on Facebook which put in here at some point and a video of my second session (11:15) probably my most consistent one.
Thanks given by:
Well joined the world of youtube here my first video,quite a good one civic starts to appear at 02:00 after the near miss I felt I got some solid laps in.

https://youtu.be/XWpk3Lb2hGc 

Few photos aswell 

[attachment=22932][attachment=22933][attachment=22934]
Thanks given by:
Some good shots there Smile Car looks lovely and smart as well Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
This is a great post. Nice one Smile
Thanks given by:
.Cheers guys

Car run spot on a combe,brake's where even pretty good.Need a few hard brakes and they seems to work well.

Only thing I need to sort out is the exhaust blowing,should be able to get over bash's garage in the next few weeks to sort that.

Got some track time booked for fcs so do that and maybe 1 or 2 more trackdays before the weather starts to get bad.
Thanks given by:
That skoda!!

Car looked great at Pugrun mate, looks like you got some good laps in there.

EDIT: Er whoops, this is Poodle lol.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
bloody astor. its the worst colour by far.... got to be the least resistant to lacquer peel though doesnt it?
Thanks given by:
spot on shots!
I ran yellow stuff on my Hdi for nearly 3 years and they have been great, I have even switched the rover to them too!
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 05:00 PM)Eeyore Wrote: bloody astor. its the worst colour by far.... got to be the least resistant to lacquer peel though doesnt it?

Yeah because allways has a layer of dirt which protects it lol 
Thanks given by:
Love this car... Looks awesome and is just the right about of "track" to still be a hoot on the road I bet!!

Wish I hadn't taken mine so far it was totally undrivable... :-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Deffently a great project Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 01:21 PM)jammapic Wrote: Love this car... Looks awesome and is just the right about of "track" to still be a hoot on the road I bet!!

Wish I hadn't taken mine so far it was totally undrivable... :-)

Cheers mate 

Was fun having a cage and buckets in the rallye but for the 90 percent of the time it was driven to the shops and back was a total ball ache,even reversing was a nightmare

I do like the way like still looks pretty unassuming. 

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 120,027 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Platinum Silver S1 306 HDI MY95 16 6,127 17-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: MY95
Smile Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi StarBenn 144 61,185 29-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Last Post: StarBenn