SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate
(09-12-2014, 12:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why is the flat one flat?  Punctured or damaged rim?  They shouldn't just go flat from standing really.

I was desperate to get them fitted as the old ones were illegal. On a monday all I could find was a guy who put them all on and didnt balance them or clean up the rim before hand. Ill be taking them all to the garage to get them refitted and balanced.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like an excellent job lol, hope it was cheap! lol
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 12:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like an excellent job lol, hope it was cheap! lol

it was so very cheap....
Thanks given by:
Ordered another egr blank. I'm not sure where the first one I bought is. This one is also the slot in type so should be easier to fit. Once its arrived the inlet elbow can be fitted along with the egr. 

Hopefully the wishbones will arrive so I can get those done this weekend along with fitting the interior and giving it all a good clean.
Thanks given by:
Do people still buy blanks!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I can supply you a brand new brake pad from a set that I had to buy when one in the back of the rallye decided it liked the M5 tarmac better than the rallye calliper.
Thanks given by:
Why wouldn't I buy a blank piggy? Just make one myself? For 3 quid I'm not complaining.

Chris thst may come in handy mate. I'll let you know at the weekend but the 4th must be in there somewhere!
Thanks given by:
Here is the last MOT. Hopefully Ive got everything to fix it now!

[Image: EstateMOT_zps654c0fd9.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I just assumed you would make one, spose £3 is ok.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think it was gatebridge motor services that gave my shockingly rusty 106 nad an MOT
Thanks given by:
I really can't see the point spending an hour or so making something to save £3. That's like 30 miles max in a frugal diesel, probably only about 15 miles of petrol in Sams 1.8. lol

Have you got a new droplink as well Sam, it's on the advisories but they're so cheap you may as well do it at the same time as the wishbone.

Not sure about steering rack inner joints, never touched them myself, but if you're getting it tracked it makes sense to change them also, price dependant of course.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 09:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I really can't see the point spending an hour or so making something to save £3.  That's like 30 miles max in a frugal diesel, probably only about 15 miles of petrol in Sams 1.8. lol

Have you got a new droplink as well Sam, it's on the advisories but they're so cheap you may as well do it at the same time as the wishbone.

Not sure about steering rack inner joints, never touched them myself, but if you're getting it tracked it makes sense to change them also, price dependant of course.

I have 'A' new drop link. No idea about steering rack inner joints.
Thanks given by:
Steering rack inner joint are easy with the right tool. But ive done them with mole grips before just a fiddle.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Please don't start replacing suspension parts only on one side of the car...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Getting one of the rack end boots off is a bit more fun than you'd of thought if you've not done one before
Thanks given by:
EGR Blank and Meyle HD wishbones have arrived! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Two right? Tell me you bought two?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 07:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: Two right? Tell me you bought two?

Yes. When you add s onto the end of something it means multiple of. I.e more than one. X
Thanks given by:
This not back on the road yet? Whats the hold up?! Wink

Times like this i wish i was closer to other members, I'd be more than willing to come and lend a hand, even if I'm not the most adept mechanic in the world.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 07:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: Two right? Tell me you bought two?

Hopefully ones a left... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 10:20 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: This not back on the road yet? Whats the hold up?! Wink

Times like this i wish i was closer to other members, I'd be more than willing to come and lend a hand, even if I'm not the most adept mechanic in the world.

Don't be silly mate you were so helpful with your clutch change Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 05:30 PM)Niall Wrote:
(13-12-2014, 10:20 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: This not back on the road yet? Whats the hold up?! Wink

lmao I have pictures to prove it :p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Just checking, just checking. LOL Tom, good point, that could have been embarrassing. Tongue

Reckon she'll be back on the road after Christmas then dude?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 05:37 PM)Grant Wrote:
(13-12-2014, 05:30 PM)Niall Wrote:

lmao I have pictures to prove it :p

Lol, yeah i knew you two would pipe up! lol

I'm perfectly capable of passing tools, and making tea, and posing for the gopro....all very useful traits! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So today I went to grans and made a start. Found all the seatbelts and bolts etc which had previous been stripped when the buckets were fitted. I fitted the EGR blank and put the elbow back together. Bit of a blow there but Ill treat it to a new gasket when it passes the MOT. Drove the car out onto the drive so we could start work on it.

Tom arrived. We disconnected everything from the subframe and dropped the subframe out. We then removed the ARB and clutch cable mount and fitted it to the new seam welded subframe. Reason to swap subframes was that I had this one spare and one of the self retaining nuts of the old one had come lose and couldn't be undone or done up! Not many photos but we ended the day with the seam welded subframe back on the car with the two bolts.

Hopefully during the week Tom will be able to pop down and remount the steering rack and bolt the rest of the subframe on along with the new wishbones.

[Image: IMG_20141214_145401_zpsos5opd5s.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20141214_145339_zpsuaznacl7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice!!
If you get a egr gasket, grab me one, I'll send ya da £zz
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Much plans for it this weekend?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Sam's busy most of the weekend, I'm hoping to get over though. Also think the replacement beam is being delivered today or tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the seam welded subframe club Smile
Thanks given by:
So after fixing the 3L I drove round to my grans. One of the last days I can work on it before Christmas day and its not fair to have a car in pieces on stands taking up the drive when she has relatives staying.

Anyway I arrive and tom was already there. The ball on the subframe was wedged between a boost pipe and the cat so we dropped the subframe again and redid it. Did up all the bolts. Tom put the rack and gear linkages back on whilst I put the wishbones on. All back together now minus the ARB bolts and drop links. Wheels back on a and its all back under shelter for Christmas!

So I need to...
Find bolts.
Order beam.
Fit interior.
Refit battery
Order wing and fit.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvery Stage 2+ Estate RA306 21 5,936 15-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: RA306
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,968 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,803 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore