SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate
Right most of you know the vague details from the thread where I wasked wether I should buy it...

Quote:306 HDi estate in diablo
Meridian spec - electric windows all round and leather seats - good condition
6 previous owners
MOT till November
No Tax
no history bar last MOT where it got new brakes all round
pretty mint inside and out
clutch pedal stuck to the floor sold as spares or repairs - I can get an uprated clutch for £70 and can hopefully fix it myself.

Went and had a look and it started first time but just had a horrible squealing noise from the engine which i presume is down to the clutch. Pedal has about an inch of play and is stuck down. Checked the clutch arm and cable was under tension. Thoughts? Auto tensioner broken?

Also left a medium sized patch of black on the floor but then again its a down turned exhaust and car has been standing since May.

Done a text check and not stolen or written off.

£350 and got him down to £300

Since then I went and picked it up with a mates flat bed that i rented for £10. It fitted on with 3cm between the back of the trailers and the rear wheels so very lucky! Overhung by about 3 foot but only had about a 20 minute drive down the road!

[Image: IMG_20120622_182946.jpg]

Anyway got it back to my grans where Ill be doing all the work on it as I thought it should really have a bit of shelter and concrete to jack on instead of gravel! So its all parked up now!

[Image: IMG_20120622_192547.jpg]

It came with all 3 keys and the V5 but with no other history. I have since however found all of the MOTs since it was made in late 2000 so have a nice bit of history to go with it now.

Got a few pictures when I was passing. Its pretty dirty and needs a good clean but should be very nice when its done. Its got a few dents here and there but I have every faith that this is going to be a very good example of an estate once its all cleaned up!

[Image: IMG_20120623_173019.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120623_173031.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120623_172855.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120623_172541.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120623_172605.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120623_172747.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120623_172725.jpg]

So yeh... £300 later and I have a new project which will either be sold on once fixed or it will become my daily and Ill sell the 1.8 Of course It will have to be slammed on BBS RSs if i am to keep it Inlove
Thanks given by:
Keep it as a daily AND drop it on nice wheels. It's the way forward I tells ya!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 05:27 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Keep it as a daily AND drop it on nice wheels. It's the way forward I tells ya!

would be a bonus if it was white but I feel diablo should be interesting. Definitely be interesting to see what the diablo and ford graphite grey combo will look like on this. I want to respray the dash, front badge, debadge, tint rears and everything but really should fix the clutch and get it working before spending any money on it!
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't be a bonus it'd be f*cking annoying, loads of people are doing the white estate thing these days!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you want to go back to standard dials i will happily take those lockwoods off you Wink
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 05:40 PM)declantg Wrote: if you want to go back to standard dials i will happily take those lockwoods off you Wink

how about nooooo. I think the seller has the originals so ill give him a text and probably pick them up some time
Thanks given by:
mmmm, not bad mate not bad. nice little find.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would you like to swap boot lids if you sell your 1.8 Smile cash your way aswell of course

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
swap the decent stuff of the 1.8 to the hdi. sell 1.8 then get remap and a fmic Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 07:36 PM)karl1989 Wrote: swap the decent stuff of the 1.8 to the hdi. sell 1.8 then get remap and a fmic Smile

theres not much decent stuff on the 1.8 that can come off really... the doors on the estate are better, The interior is better in the 1.8 and obviously ive got my custom coloured interior bits and sun visors. Apart from that its just the brakes and cyclones.

(23-06-2012, 06:22 PM)puglove Wrote: Would you like to swap boot lids if you sell your 1.8 Smile cash your way aswell of course

if it happens im sure ill put up some kind of for sale thread for bits
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 05:32 PM)SRowell Wrote: would be a bonus if it was white...

Come on Rowell, enough's enough, that sort of talk just isn't cool.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Wink Looks like a perfect project fella, good luck with it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 10:22 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(23-06-2012, 05:32 PM)SRowell Wrote: would be a bonus if it was white...

Come on Rowell, enough's enough, that sort of talk just isn't cool.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Wink Looks like a perfect project fella, good luck with it.

lmao

hahaha cant beleive i missed this one, repped!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Fix it and sell to Carlos for his 2dr estate project
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice,, bin the 1.8 and get her mapped!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Gonna copy my car with this one too ... Rolleyes

I jest, looks like a good base to me!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 10:02 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(23-06-2012, 07:36 PM)karl1989 Wrote: swap the decent stuff of the 1.8 to the hdi. sell 1.8 then get remap and a fmic Smile

theres not much decent stuff on the 1.8 that can come off really... the doors on the estate are better, The interior is better in the 1.8 and obviously ive got my custom coloured interior bits and sun visors. Apart from that its just the brakes and cyclones.

(23-06-2012, 06:22 PM)puglove Wrote: Would you like to swap boot lids if you sell your 1.8 Smile cash your way aswell of course

if it happens im sure ill put up some kind of for sale thread for bits

Let me know id be interestedSmile

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Should be a good project Big Grin
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
spent 2 and half hours cleaning it inside and out. Still not clean as there are water marks all over it and still dirt mark marks but its a good start. It was covered in like some black marks/dots but they came off quite easily with a good scrubbing. Think it must be due to it being stood around trees for 2 months.

Vacuumed the boot and loved the amount of space that there was including the side compartments for the jack and everything and ive heard that the left hand side compartment is for a first aid kit? Noticed when I cleaned the wheels that they had the plastic covers on the nuts and that a few were missing... and that it had locking wheel nuts and i had no key so I was a bit worried about that until i found a few more covers and the locking tool in the bottom of the jack compartment.

Used leather cleaner on all the seats and they are literally mint all round apart from the drivers seat which has a slight rip. Its pretty obvious that its been used as a one person daily commute in the past and more recently with a family. A few sweet wrappers here and there but nothing the vacuum didnt sort! Big Grin

Once it was vaguely clean I had a look under the bonnet and took the air box off. Obvious someone had had a look at the problem before as the airbox wasnt bolted in but I have a vague hunch about what the problem may be...

The clutch pedal is currently sitting in the down position but has about an inch more to go down where it feels the same as normal. I can then pull the pedal up with my hand but as soon as its pressed it goes straight to the floor again.
I looked at the arm position when it was pressed down... and then once i had pulled it up and the arm was always at 3 o'clock...

pedal down

[Image: IMG_20120624_210533.jpg]

pedal up

[Image: IMG_20120624_210533.jpg]

so im thinking it might be something to do with the auto rachet/adjustment mechanism? ie its not shortening the cable enough? Tried to move the arm manually and could move it back to about 4 o'clock but that was as far as it would go.

Generally I am really impressed with it! The spec is really impressive and it has covers for the top mounts and then little plastic ends to cover up the bolt strut end. Its got the engine cover and all the original twist things for it. The walnut dash isnt exactly to my liking but I guess if you were 50+ youd appreciate it.

I also found a CD in the back of the drivers seat which has an awesome selection of tunes on it so im quite happy to know that the previous owner had a similar taste in music!

Thoughts? Mainly on the problem. I dont care what 4way thinks about my music taste!
Thanks given by:
another estate - like it Smile
Thanks given by:
never saw the should i buy it thread, but for what i see and read, she looks a good one! id be tempted to keep that and sell the 1.8. ( sell it to toms306)
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 09:13 PM)procta Wrote: never saw the should i buy it thread, but for what i see and read, she looks a good one! id be tempted to keep that and sell the 1.8. ( sell it to toms306)

ive tried to sell it to Toms306 but he doesnt like cars... Dec.. but he doesnt want it... and James (fishsuffolk) but he wants a clio Dodgy

If its sunny tomorrow ill be doing the speedboat and if its raining Ill be doing the car! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
better still sell the estate to tom, he should be ok with a HDi but then again. i think hes fine with the little 106 derv.
whats next on the list then for it?
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 09:26 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(26-06-2012, 09:13 PM)procta Wrote: never saw the should i buy it thread, but for what i see and read, she looks a good one! id be tempted to keep that and sell the 1.8. ( sell it to toms306)

ive tried to sell it to Toms306 but he doesnt like cars... Dec.. but he doesnt want it... and James (fishsuffolk) but he wants a clio Dodgy

If its sunny tomorrow ill be doing the speedboat and if its raining Ill be doing the car! Big Grin

ninja

bmw?
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 10:15 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(26-06-2012, 09:26 PM)SRowell Wrote:

ninja

bmw?

its tempting but i need to be saving money... not spending more!
Thanks given by:
Wrong answer!
Thanks given by:
From everyone i spoke to at pugfest their reaction has been that the problem is most likely to be that the autoadjuster has failed and that a new cable should fix the problem! Big Grin Sounds promising! Toms306 now has a key so he can work on it whenever he feels like it. Hopefully we will get cracking this wednesday!
Thanks given by:
which is also whats been said loads in other threads too...

just fix the damn thing already! lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sooooo, theres been some progress on this this afternoon.........not that Sam knows that yet lol. Big Grin

Anyway, I picked up a new cable from Pug this morning so thought I'd take a look at the car this afternoon....that obviously ended up with trying to fix it lol.

Anywho.....

[Image: RowellsEstate024.jpg]

[Image: RowellsEstate018.jpg]

[Image: RowellsEstate021.jpg]

[Image: RowellsEstate019.jpg]

Old cable wasn't too dificult to remove, lots of tugging and grunting and it came out fine..................................but I got stuck trying to put the new one in. I tied some twine to pull it through but I just can't seem to get the white clip to line up with the hole on my own. I can barely even feel it tbh, the HDi is much more difficult to work on than the golf, glad I didn't buy one haha. Can't even see why pug didn't just make an extra bend in the AC pipes so thered be a nice gap to get the cable in and out, but anyway, thats where I've left it for today as I should be meeting Sam tomoro....so hopefully we can get it back between us!

[Image: RowellsEstate022.jpg]
Thanks given by:
awesome! An update on my project thread that i didnt make! haha Cheers tom. Give me a message on facebook tomorrow when youre about to leave and ill meet you there! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Surpised Sam didn't update this...........

Anyway, eventually we got the new cable in and...............................................................................

The clutch itself is knackered. Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvery Stage 2+ Estate RA306 21 5,925 15-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: RA306
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,926 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,736 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore