SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
so you didn't test properly, did you map between each manifold change too? if not you really just can;t compare them.
Thanks given by:
You don't need to. The change in ve isn't enough to worry about and so long as its rich enough you can see how it responds with the dyno.

You probably only change the AFR by 1 point so mapping between each really isn't necesarry ...
JP
Thanks given by:
This sounds like a fun discussion in my project thread...
Thanks given by:
Pretty relevant discussion though surely.
Thanks given by:
The Satchell manifolds have been proven on 205's where you simply can't run sensible trumpet lengths on a Jenvey manifold due to the bonnet.

There's nothing particularly magic about those manifolds and I imagine that a given inlet tract length should work broadly similar regardless of how it's achieved, be it long trumpets or a long manifold. Only difference I can see would be the positioning of the outer injector bank if you're running 8 injectors - arguably, having them further out will improve mixing at higher revs.

I know that Miles on here has done dynos between Jenvey and Satchell manifolds on the same car and has seen considerable gains - over 10hp/lbft from memory.

I'd argue that regardless of manifold you probably want to lower the radiator or fit a different radiator to get some proper cold airflow to the 'bodies. I don't know how bad it is on the 306, but on a 205 intake temperatures are horrendous if you leave the radiator in the standard position - last car I worked on like that was seeing 50 odd degrees on the move (Jenvey manifold)! :o
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
So this weekend I have actually managed to do absolutely nothing! Car got cleaned at the car wash and Ive ordered a second slim line fan but thats as far as ive got! Once the MOT is paid off and the insurance is paid I can get back to spending all my money on it.
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 01:43 PM)SRowell Wrote: So this weekend I have actually managed to do absolutely nothing! Car got cleaned at the car wash and Ive ordered a second slim line fan but thats as far as ive got! Once the MOT is paid off and the insurance is paid I can get back to spending all my money on it.

Love how you hadn't used a jetwash before Forge this year lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
So no GTi head on it yet????

booooooo!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 02:34 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(23-09-2014, 01:43 PM)SRowell Wrote: So this weekend I have actually managed to do absolutely nothing! Car got cleaned at the car wash and Ive ordered a second slim line fan but thats as far as ive got! Once the MOT is paid off and the insurance is paid I can get back to spending all my money on it.

Love how you hadn't used a jetwash before Forge this year lol

I know! I was loving life... then i went and found my local jet wash. it was twice as much as the one in combe and it wasnt anywhere near as powerful. it was a drizzle in comparison... gutted!
Thanks given by:
For the record:

- Tax Expires - 01/11/14
- MOT Expires - 08/11/14
- Insurance Expires - ??/11/14

Looks like November is going to be an expensive month!
Thanks given by:
Ouch, that's poor planning having all three in the same month like that!

Like me this year where I managed to have it so that I had all three cars needing an MOT within a month of each other...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 10:31 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Ouch, that's poor planning having all three in the same month like that!

Like me this year where I managed to have it so that I had all three cars needing an MOT within a month of each other...

yeh just means i have to do a little bit of saving a few months before. Good to get it all sorted out in a few days though.
Thanks given by:
Better to get it all done and out of the way in one go rather than having to worry about it every few months!
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 10:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Better to get it all done and out of the way in one go rather than having to worry about it every few months!

Exactly my thoughts!
Thanks given by:
In other news I have bought some 306 compbrake top mounts and all the bits to go with them. So that includes the 2.25" spring top caps which i bought from ebay and getting the right size sleeve nut and washers that go with the top mounts. Bit of a mission trying to get the sizes but after talking to Grant, Puglove, Sam Moore, consulting service box and actually going out and measuring things I have worked out what I believe to be the correct sizes for everything... Ill put a guide together for this as I found it very difficult to find all the info.

Eccentric Top Mounts
You can use 205 or 306 ones. There is a bit of a different in price and it seems fairly ambiguous whether you have to drill holes or not. For the 205 ones you definitely have to drill holes but for the 306 ones reports are mixed. I guess it depends on how much rotation you have. The sleeve nuts and washers come with this. What I found is a lot of people talking about there not being enough thread to put the final nut on the shock. People have either had the shock machined with a lathe or had the sleeve nut machined. What the later versions seem to come with is a threaded sleeve nut so that this helps with keeping everything in place. Options are M12x1.25,1.5,1.75, M14x1.5 and M17. I did a bit of measuring and found the thread on my AVO GTZ coilovers was the m14x1.5 which is also the standard peugeot shock thread size. When they arrive ill be able to confirm that this is the right size.

i believe that some top mounts come threaded and others come without threads. The ones with no threads require nuts and bolts which makes it a pain for getting on and off the car.

Baker BM mounts need the chassis turrets cutting in order to fit. You can get half moons to weld in from some company somewhere. Also with the Baker BM mounts you cant run a strut brace as the bolt holes are different. You can cut the back half off the strut brace mouting to keep it.

Compbrake mounts are cheapest through their ebay store:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281175762069?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Spring Top Caps
Some coilovers come with only a ring kind of top cap. In order to run eccentric topmounts with a spherical bearing I needed a different kind of top cap. These have to be matched to the shock shaft size which is 17mm or 19mm and also need to match the Internal Diameter (ID) of your springs. The AVO GTZs use 2.25" springs. AVO wanted £30 posted for the pair of top caps. GAZ wanted £27.40 for the pair. Seeing as I didnt know what size I needed I ended up doing was buying two off ebay for £27 which had 10mm holes which can then be enlarged to the right size.

Very difficult to find on ebay unless you put the exact words in:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261474819492?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Will have to wait for delivery to see if what ive ordered is correct!

The Aim

below is an example of what the finished product you should look like. This is a gaz coilover with, very tall conical caps and 205 top mounts. Because the conical spring caps are very tall this reduces the thread for putting the top nut on. I Have gone for flatter ones which apparently provide enough 'conicalness' for the bearing to work.

[Image: dsc05556z_zps0cc2226b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Work is done for the day so a bit of general maintenance is needed.

Squeaks from the back when jumping on the boot I have narrowed down the centre pipe/back box joint moving and also one of the hangars hitting the beam. Not the rear beam bearings as I feared although there is always a worry they are a problem. Centre pipe is loose at the cat end too so Ive just bought two new clamps. Rear discs are worn so ive just ordered new ones.

[Image: IMG_20140930_172725_zpsynuirov8.jpg]

Squeaks from the front passenger side that developed last night in the rain are under investigation. Hoping that its just the strut mount bearings failing. Ill have the spring caps and compbrake mounts in the next week!

Whilst the car was up on stands I decided to fit the replacement rear bumper. What an easy job it is! Cut out the hole for the tow bar, swapped the plates cleaned up the lenses and put in some new LED number plate lights. Found a whole load of stones in the arch liner at one side and found a whole load of mud and ruined carpet in the other side.

[Image: IMG_20140930_174911_zpsafuihzkn.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140930_174918_zpsvrlezyie.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140930_174905_zpshdzgrqan.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you want we can weld some new hangers onto that backbox when you're over tonight.

Or just bend them back, can't really make out from that pic Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2014, 11:49 AM)Grant Wrote: If you want we can weld some new hangers onto that backbox when you're over tonight.

Or just bend them back, can't really make out from that pic Smile

Its been a bit quieter. Doesnt need new hangars welding. If anything it needs a bit of a file and moving back. Ill be rehanging the entire thing and putting sealant paste on it when the new clamps arrive.
Thanks given by:
Eurgh...maybe reversing into the water with boats isn't such a good idea lol, never seen that carpet stuff get wet myself lol!
Thanks given by:
id have stone chipped under there,
Thanks given by:
Yes! Lots of goodies have arrived! No idea why im still getting two copies of PFC. Not going to complain though! Should be able to fit the solid tops this afternoon. Cant wait!

[Image: IMG_20141002_105555_zps944tokeu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So whats been happening. As seen in another thread I have had problems fitting my compbrake 306 top mounts. 306 specific is obviously a lie. They only bolt in one position so arent adjustable at all. One of the holes is so close to the edge that once tapped id say it was unsafe! Trying to get a refund on these now so that I can get some baker BM ones and do it properly.

[Image: IMG-20141002-WA0002_zpsl9f0adta.jpg]

One thing that has arrived and is definitely correct for the car is some new rear discs. £11.30 each or something rediculous from ebay. Saved a whole £1 by not buying from ECP. Genine pagid ones.

[Image: IMG-20141002-WA0004_zps4lomdntn.jpeg]

Should be fitting those later today and also giving the car a good all round tidy up and clean.
Thanks given by:
After work today i was immediately out putting the new discs on the car. |Were very easy to change. Took about 10 minutes on each side! The old ones were in a state. Callipers wound in fairly easy but probably best to get some more and get them rebuilt just to make sure everything is working.

[Image: IMG_20141003_181413_zpsqtf50zp3.jpg]

Never got round to fitting the braided lines at the back so will have a crack at that soon.

Brake setup currently stands as...

- Standard 1.8 Master Cylinder
- Braided lines on the front
- GreenStuff Pads on the front
- Pagid Discs on the front
- Pagid Pads on the rear
- Pagid Discs on the rear

So yep. Get those rear lines fitted and get some refurbed rear calipers. Bleed everything up and should be good. On the track i felt that the brakes were great but on the road they always feel as if they need bleeding. Not sure whether its due to the greenstuffs working well under heat on track but being crap cold on the road. Definitely needs bleeding to be sure though. I've got some genuine pug brake fluid and some nice tubing to bleed them again in the future.
Thanks given by:
So I was driving down the A12 behind someone overtaking a lorry very very slowly. They swapped lanes and their tyres picked up a whole load of plastic that was in the road. My car was pummeled by a shower of plastic which has left black marks all over the bonnet and bumper. Also one of the larger pieces shattered my number plate holder so I lost my front number plate too.

Ive now ordered new pressed plates. Also ordered some foam to seal up the air intake for the blower motor. Water has been leaking through and filling the passenger footwell again. Compbrake top mounts will be returned tomorrow. There is currently an email in Baker BMs inbox wanting to order top mounts, sleeve nuts and top hat washers. Theyre back tomorrow so hopefully Ill get them before the weekend!

Still need to clean and the vacuum the car as its in a state after its two weekends of sailing.
Thanks given by:
Well it has been quite the weekend! On Thursday I arrived genuinely deaf in my left ear so Friday saw a completely incompetent garage seal up the exhaust. Told the guy to shutup when he said I needed a new exhaust and had to tell him how to do his job. Classic east london foreigner crap.

Saturday morning saw an early start in order to make it to the garage for its MOT. I made it there on time however Niall missed his slot. The car got a much more thorough testing than last year I must say and amazingly it passed with only 3 advisories which were:

1) play in rear shocks - Tester wasnt sure if it was the shock bushes or the bolts themselves. Will be investigating this one.
2) Worn Drop Links - Surprising seeing as they were replaced when the AVO coilovers went on less than 6 months ago!
3) Exhaust blowing - Obviously haha. Full magnex to go on soon though.

[Image: IMG_20141011_100027_zpstwtk1bqn.jpg]

After passing its MOT and Niall arriving we set off for the premier inn in Derby with a few pops and bangs along the way. This saw several rounds of drinks, many games of mario kart on the gamecube I brought, many more round of drinks and a round of bowling. Also met old member kingy at the bar which was most unexpected.

One sleep later I was up and finding the local car wash to put the car through before the show. I arrived back at the premier inn to check out and find the others. It was a very foggy drive to the show. After negotiating the dirt roads in Donnington itself we ended up on the stand.

The pictures thread is up if you want to see more but my general thoughts on the first Performance French Car Expo was that it was good fun. It was very chilled out and there was no track time. There were free dodgems, a few free bags etc, a few shops including some very good deals on refurbished alloys. 306oc took over the dodgems for two rounds and wet conditions made for some interesting tactics. Seeing grant with his dodgem steering wheel spinning round on its own was hilarious!

The quadcopter made a decent return and once again got a decent amount of attention. Sorting out the footage from that now. One of the organisers called Mark had a good chat with me about the footage and whether it could be used for the magasine etc. Need to follow up on that later!

After the show we set off back. Niall and Grant in the SC6 and Sam7075 in the focus. Lots of pops and bangs happened which put a smile on everyones faces!

I had a great time guys so hope you all did too!
Thanks given by:
Was an awesome evening mate. Next time I will beat you at Mario Kart! lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
So after the Expo the question is... what next? Im very happy with the car and as I sit here writing this its sitting outside being shiny. But as always more to do...
  • Redo Loom
  • Adjustable Drop Links
  • Fit Baker BM Top Mounts
  • Fit Baker BM Engine Mounts
  • Fit Solid Rear Beam Mounts
  • Fit GTI6 Exhaust manifold and decat
  • Fit Magnex
  • Fit the Second Slime Line Fan
  • New Bolts for Harnesses
  • Tegiwa Harness bar
  • Repaint mirrors and scuttle panel
  • New foam for blower motor

and a whole lot more! In the not so distant future im hoping to have the gti6 head on too! So that will mean another tip to TrackNRoad.

These bad boys arrived yesterday too!

[Image: IMG-20141012-WA0009_zpsirqau4vr.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
they look a whole darn sight better!!!!

looks like a decent list....top one should be the gti head though Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
New pressed plates have been fitted as well! Decided not to go for plate holders this time as just to fit them properly with screws and coloured caps.
Thanks given by:
Yesterday saw me on a mission to stop the wet passenger footwell. I bought some new foam to replace the ripped stuff. Cleaned everything up and removed the old sticky stuff and then fitted the new foam. Looks a lot better no at least. One of the drain holes was blocked so thats now unblocked. The drain above the arch liner is now clear as well. Will have to do the drivers side at some point!

[Image: IMG_20141014_164737_zpsuuftys6q.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20141014_165615_zps1rudog9d.jpg]

This morning the new adjustable drop links arrived. Have to say they are great! Got a bit of weight to them but they are nice and beefy and have decent dust boots.

[Image: IMG_20141015_105640_zpsurmbkswj.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20141015-WA0005_zpsftc72zqf.jpg]

Currently just having a look at how I can enlarge the top hat spring cups. Once thats sorted should be able to fit the Baker BM tops and everything else in one go!

In worse news though the car broke down. First time its ever properly done it in its 3 years of ownership. Ive had rough running and leaking but this time it properly let itself down. Started and drove for a mile up the road and the engine went dead. Went to start it and the engine locked and the fuel kept priming which resulted in fuel coming out of the throttlebodies! D: At 11pm and with street lighting and two mates with torches I removed the coil pack and sparks and turned the engine over again in order to remove the excess fuel from the cylinders. With that done I put it all back together and it started up fine. Drove another 800m down the road and the same thing happened again. Caught it early to stop it flooding and it started up fine.

Not sure whats going on I connected the laptop but it kept losing connection so couldnt do any logging. Went for a short drive and everything was fine and then I managed the 20 mile drive home with no issues. Not the 400 mile round trip I had intended D: Ill be investigating this later today. Hoping its just a loose wire somewhere.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 239,097 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 6,326 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 14,174 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore