SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Your not the only one mate, I really need to stop reading other peoples threads as it gives me too many ideas and its not cheap when I start pricing up audio.
Thanks given by:
Top mounts just got delivered. Just need the coilovers and extended bolts for my strut brace now.
Thanks given by:
Exhaust manifold gasket and downpipe gasket arrived. Hopefully picking up gti6 box and head at ace!
Thanks given by:
Braided brake lines and bolts have been dispatched. Coilovers should be in the post soon and hopefully I'll be getting my gti6 head and gearbox off Paul. I've got the exhaust manifold and gaskets so just need a gti6 decat now! I'll be discussing plans with Niall and grant on Monday at ace and hopefully we can work out everything left to buy and when we can start work!

Also I'm driving to Birmingham on Friday to pick up some shinry parts I never thought I would be buying.
Thanks given by:
Shiney parts??????????
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Big Grin can't wait for this car weekend at mine dude!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
While your in birmingham iv got a gti6 decat mate if your interested £30 if your interested?
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2014, 08:19 PM)td_dan Wrote: While your in birmingham iv got a gti6 decat mate if your interested £30 if your interested?

Pmd
Thanks given by:
So... no work has happened as I am busy at work but I have been collecting goodies.

Firstly my braided brake lines and calendar arrived! Also in the same delivery was new extended bolts for my upper strut brace.

[Image: IMG_20140111_093822_zpsju1hd56l.jpg]

I also then completely knackered myself. Left London on friday evening at 7.30pm and then drove to Birmingham and arrived at 10.20pm.

[Image: IMG-20140111-WA0004_zpspefvsv13.jpg]

So yeah I now have Jenvey 45 Throttlebodies with 90mm trumpets and a domed filter. Second item to run it all is an OMEX600 ecu with a complete engine loom. Also came with 2 fuel pressure regulators and a set of HT leads.

[Image: IMG-20140111-WA0006_zpss71sm6cz.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20140111-WA0008_zpshfsreh58.jpg]

After exchanging ludicrous amounts of money I drove back to my parents in Ipswich and arrived at 2am! Could barely walk afterwards. I now have a good collection of parts ready to go on. Just need to get my hands on the gti6 head and gearbox. Paint everything. Get a cambelt kit and head gasket, skim the head and I should hopefully have all the bits I need.

In order to fit the itbs i will need to relocate the powersteering so either I can relocate the PAS and remove the air con. Or I can remove the PAS and fit an electric PAS pump from a 106. I guess it all depends on if I want aircon (which doesnt work) and how much the relocation bracket is compared to just buying the 106 pump.
Thanks given by:
You've got a fair bit to keep you busy now then haha Smile
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Those are some epic shinies Sam, best get cracking mate! Look forward to seeing this finished! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well this just got epic!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. Myself Niall and Grant should be doing all the work one weekend in February. Probably after Niall gets his 6 engine in as Ill be having his old low mileage clutch. Just need to make sure I get every single part needed. We are aiming to get it completely done in one weekend so if I miss a single thing it will mean it wont be done.

I am looking to get it Mapped at Track 'n' Road in Essex. Theyre expensive but are highly regarded. Some how I need to get the car from West London to East London so will probably need a trailer or something. ECU has a map but its for a gti6 so I presume its going to be overfueling all over the place.

Ive got spreadsheets of all the current parts with predicted and actual prices. Bearing in mind that the throttlebodies and ecu from pug1off is around £2000 I paid just over half that for everything above. All I really wanted was the ECU but it meant I got a set of tbs cheaper than i would have got on their own so decided to buy them.
Thanks given by:
Nice...
Thanks given by:
Has anyone actually put a gti head on a 1.8 yet? I know theres been lots of talk of it but i dont recall actually seeing one done. Either way those bodies are going to make an orgasmic noise!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 03:38 PM)Tom Wrote: Has anyone actually put a gti head on a 1.8 yet? I know theres been lots of talk of it but i dont recall actually seeing one done. Either way those bodies are going to make an orgasmic noise!

somebody put a gti6 head and manifolds on and then ran a gti6 ecu. They didnt know what power it ran though.

It was never my plan to fit throttlebodies. I was going to go for head and ecu and gti6 box and manifolds. I dont think the gti6 ecu will run it properly so needed stand alone management. Was always looking at emeralds but OMEX was the second choice and when the tb and ecu came up for sale i put in an offer and got it.
Thanks given by:
Well this is going to be interesting thats for sure!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 03:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Well this is going to be interesting thats for sure!

i need to stop spending... if anyone asks me why im doing it to a 5 door 1.8 and not a gti6 im a bit stumped really...

ive already got the 1.8 and loads of people have 6s. This is something that hasnt been done before and hopefully once its all done itll be around gti6 territory.

Thats all I can say really!
Thanks given by:
Being different, thats great.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Also its a 5 door. Which means er... its completely pointless with bucket seats. Im talking to sam bates about his cage and we are going to have a trial fitting weekend to see if it fits a 5 door. The middle hoop will be in the middle of the rear doors which will be an interesting look. Anyway if I ever want the 6 i can sell all the 1.8 specific bits and swap everything over and I will only have lost out on the money it cost to map the ecu.
Thanks given by:
Get a quote from anyvan.com to get flatbedded across shouldn't be more that 40 pounds saves alot of hassle.

Be interest to see the result, you thinking of getting a exhaust made up to suit the bodies ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 04:03 PM)7057sam Wrote: Get a quote from anyvan.com to get flatbedded across shouldn't be more that 40 pounds saves alot of hassle.

Be interest to see the result, you thinking of getting a exhaust made up to suit the bodies ?

so itll be running a gti6 manifold, decat and straight through centre pipe to a standard box. Thats the only plan atm. Im still looking for a decent decat.
Thanks given by:
Just FYI, I will be back on the mainland this week. So will be able to get the '6 box for you
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 06:29 PM)Matt Wrote: Just FYI, I will be back on the mainland this week. So will be able to get the '6 box for you

Going to be using Paul_13s gearbox im afraid Matt. Meeting him at ace this month hopefully!
Thanks given by:
Be nice to see a 1.8 making decent power, especially as it's a nice light engine compared to the '6
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Oh my Rowell; and i remember the abuse you got for your fist project/car, how you have redeemed yourself! Touche sir, touche!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 07:15 PM)Ricky Wrote: Be nice to see a 1.8 making decent power, especially as it's a nice light engine compared to the '6

yeh thats the other thing. I believe that the 1.8 engine is 70kg lighter than the 6. Although once ive added the larger exhaust manifold, steel gti6 head, 6 speed gear box its only the block that is lighter. Granted the block is the majority of it but its still adding more weight. I should really start looking into steering racks and arbs at some point.

(12-01-2014, 07:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Oh my Rowell; and i remember the abuse you got for your fist project/car, how you have redeemed yourself! Touche sir, touche!

yes quite the turn around! Ive still got the wolfrace dragons, wheel trims, confederate flag in the shed haha! TMI
Thanks given by:
all the shiny
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 07:27 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 07:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Oh my Rowell; and i remember the abuse you got for your fist project/car, how you have redeemed yourself! Touche sir, touche!

yes quite the turn around! Ive still got the wolfrace dragons, wheel trims, confederate flag in the shed haha! TMI

Whack that all back on when the bodies are on lmao
You'll be a living halfords advertisement that wolfrace rims DO add bhp! lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
GTi heads are ally Sam Smile
Cant wait to see this all done. Id suggest getting a spare engine loom as you will have to strip it right down to create a loom that controls the dash and a few other little bits.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 238,450 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 6,307 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 14,153 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore