SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Right well got the dash part way out... and then put it back again. Complete waste of an afternoon. Will have to see if KrisB can do it later in the week. In the next few hours Ill be leaving for London so thats about 2 hours driving with a leaking matrix and 4L of backup water to top it up with! Wish me luck!
Thanks given by:
Make sure you check it often mate and bleeding the rad each time will help
Thanks given by:
ok well i spent 5 hours taking the dash out... then decided i wouldnt do it and put it back together. Spoke to krisB and arrived at his at 8.30pm later that evening! All done and sorted by 11pm. Sorted! Car is lovely and warm now and not leaking everywhere!

I had to stop every 30 miles to put 2L of water in the rad. And I had to stop twice to bail out the footwells as they were an inch deep in water D:

and as a treat it went through the car wash. Did pretty well taking off a years worth of dirt!

[Image: IMG_20131117_121350_zps47b3ab3b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I absolutely love those rims ...
Great to hear youve got it sorted. Smile
Thanks given by:
Right! Now that the car is back on the road Ive had a bit of a spree on eBay. Big thanks to Niall for answering lots of questions. He noticed my fuel lines werent actually rated for fuel and had gone brittle. Needless to say I now have fuel line and clips ordered. Also Ive bought a Bosch S5 Silver Line battery which should keep the car going. Current battery is tiny and only just starts it so I thought Id get something I can rely on.

Essentially having a new car to work on made me think I should get a better sound system. I have now bought some Focal 165VB components and the spacer rings to fit them. Hopefully they are worth the money! I already have a 1000W sub and a decent 4 channel amp. Eventually Ill amp all the speakers etc. Ill use my kenwood headunit for now and eventually Ill put the PS2 and a new kenwood flip screen head unit in.

Ive got loads of amp wires around but the RCAs always let me down so Ive ordered a 5m pure ofc RCA lead which should do the job properly. Also 20 sheets of silent coat to sound deaden things Big Grin Should be a good weekend! Big Grin

If anyone has an arch roller please let me know as I need to roll my arches!
Thanks given by:
love them wheels, looks awesome
Thanks given by:
Thank you! I now have DumDums arch roller but no time to use it! Might have to whip it out at the christmas meet! D:
Thanks given by:
Scrap the estate and keep this, I love it but it needs an XUD Smile
Thanks given by:
Can i ask what happened for you to spend 5 hours then not be able to do it? Would of thought 5 hours in you would of been taking the matrix out the heater box to swap over. Looks great though. Not knocking you or anything just curious as to what happened :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Looks smart! Front needs to be a tad lower in my opinion Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 11:23 PM)Tom Wrote: Can i ask what happened for you to spend 5 hours then not be able to do it? Would of thought 5 hours in you would of been taking the matrix out the heater box to swap over. Looks great though. Not knocking you or anything just curious as to what happened :p

I started at 1pm and it was starting to get dark so then put the dash back in. It does take a long time if you dont know what youre doing and only have half a guide! In the end there only turned out to be 2 of the lower bolts I had missed. So close yet so far!

The front could probably go a bit lower... but its scrubbing on the arches as it is. Its cracked all the paint and is rubbing the tyres. I now have dumdums arch roller but still have to find the time to do it!
Thanks given by:
So my battery was really small and rubbish. In fact it was the one out of my speedboat so i bought a Bosch silverline S5. Little bit of trouble with it as it was posted sideways and it was cracked. Quick trip to ECP saw it replaced with another one and also the right size!

[Image: IMG_20131128_222059_zpse32e6fb2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131129_142322_zps1b833b35.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131129_142829_zps4557bafb.jpg]

Air filter change. I bought the new filter last year but never fitted it as the car was off the road! Just a small difference there.

[Image: IMG_20131124_134732_zpsb14e3ec9.jpg]

And finally got my arches rolled! No more scraping for me! Unfortunately the scraping had split most of the paint already :/ Used a heat gun and didnt split it much more but the damage is already done. At least its all sorted now! Also new tapered wheel bolts arrived so the wheels are properly bolted on now! yay!
[Image: IMG_20131129_145040_zps92fcb80a.jpg]

And then it made it to the christmas meet! Yayyy!

[Image: IMG-20131130-WA0011_zps7027a72b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131201_093531_zpsa2a90452.jpg]

Loving it lots now. Goodies at home are some focal 165V speakers, sound deadening, spacers, gold OFC RCA cable, new remote lead. Looking at a new head unit and amps now. Going to need to have a four channel amp and a mono amp in order to amp all the speakers and have a sub! Big Grin Unfortunately to get a good head unit its not going to be a dvd player which means the ps2 wont make it into the car :/
Thanks given by:
You gonna get an OEM spoiler on; personally think it'll really smarten it up!
Love the stance though!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I have got one! Its all sprayed up in ford sea grey. Its ready to go on but I have never put it on! Dont want to drill holes in my smooth boot lid as if i dont like it itll be ruined D: Ill stick it on with tape and see how it looks!

I quite like the silver headlights with the mirrored wheels to so im tempted to leave off the masks, black badge and other black bits.
Thanks given by:
Here is the audio list:

1x Kenwood KDC BT92SD Head Unit
1x Maystar QXT455 600W 4 Channel Amp
1x Alpine 600W 2 Channel Amp
2x Focal 165V Components
1x JBL 1000W 12" Sub in box
3x Gold RCA Cables
1x Distributor Block
1x Remote Cable
1x +ve cable and spare
2x Earth
10m of Speaker Cable.
Thanks given by:
Your car did look really good at the Christmas meet mate.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 06:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Your car did look really good at the Christmas meet mate.

Agreed. Now swap boot lids with me for a pint :p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
after seeing the wheels in person, its definitely changed my mind about them.

Good work for getting this back on the road

ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2013, 09:08 AM)mr_fish Wrote: after seeing the wheels in person, its definitely changed my mind about them.

Good work for getting this back on the road

ThumbsUp

yayyy! Theyll look even better once ive paid for them to be refurbished! i wonder how much it will be for the mirror finish on the rims D:
Thanks given by:
Roof bars would go down a treat imo. What size are the tyres? Go smaller / bit of stretch and get it lower!
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No idea what size they are. They are yokohamas and goodyear Eagle F1s. Car is perfectly low as it is. I live down country lanes and scrape if it is any lower.

Anyway a few more pics of the car from over the weekend...

[Image: IMG_20131207_141549_zpsdob0xbsn.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131207_140937_zpsc99poutk.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131207_141848_zps2qohkvn2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131207_140916_zps2lhzncui.jpg]

and half of the shines waiting to go in!

[Image: IMG-20131206-WA0009_zpspmvdzr3b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 06:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Your car did look really good at the Christmas meet mate.

Got to echo this, really smart fella. Now look after it properly! lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Agreed, here's proof:

[Image: 11188844306_44e0a4066c.jpg]
Rowell's 1.8 by samass1, on Flickr
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
So I am back at my parents where I can do some work on the car. I need to sort out all the Audio and get that done. may be looking at making a false floor to cover up the amps and cables.

I have also just spent £580 on some AVO GTZ coilovers. Hopefully they will be worth it.

Still on the shopping list are grooved discs, green/red stuff pads and braided brake lines.

Nothing more than that really. I will update with some more pictures etc as more work gets done!
Thanks given by:
Ooh shiny coilovers.

I really need to sort my audio as I have one speaker rattling with any sort of bass and one not working at all. Tempted to refit some oem ones as currently they are fli ones.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2013, 04:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ooh shiny coilovers.

I really need to sort my audio as I have one speaker rattling with any sort of bass and one not working at all. Tempted to refit some oem ones as currently they are fli ones.

oh you actually have speakers? ive done the last 2000 miles with no speakers! D: Is it illegal to drive with headphones in?
Thanks given by:
Don't think so. Hope not anyway as I spend about 1/2 of my working day on the phone with headphones haha
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I doubt it can be illegal to drive with headphones in as thats effectively what most hands free kits are. When I don't have a stereo I use a portable ipod dock and speakers.
Thanks given by:
Today was the beginning of fitting the new audio system.

So out comes all the parts I have been saving for the past few months...

[Image: IMG-20131226-WA0000_zpsdlsjbmjr.jpg]

There is another amp too which I have misplaced for now.

So out came the mint condition half leathers. Have been running without floor mats for a while and the matrix flooding the car didnt help matters so its literally caked. Here you can see I cleaned one side!

[Image: IMG_20131226_134605_zpsif3mvkeq.jpg]

the boot also seems to have taken a beating. Cloud9 underlay is all water damaged or actually what I presume to be brake fluid damage from a leaking bottle I found!

[Image: IMG_20131226_120600_zpscgarx45k.jpg]

Next up was to fit the 3 RCA leads, power and remote cables under the carpet. Power and remote on the left. Amped Audio in the mid left and RCA on the mid right. Unfortunately I didnt realise you could get 6 channel RCA leads so bought 3 high quality ones instead!

[Image: IMG_20131226_153653_zpsws8tpigi.jpg]

The bucket seats then came out of the estate and I managed to get one fitted before damp became a problem and I had to pack up for the day!

[Image: IMG_20131226_144900_zpsietbsegg.jpg]

Also some Cully air bag resistors went in to stop the air bag flashing. They work and most importantly I didn't set off the air bags fitting them!

[Image: IMG_20131226_173124_zpsowe3bsmg.jpg]

Finally once I got home from my grans where I am doing all the work I fitted the Focal tweeters to some spare interior mirror caps.

Going to have to make an early start tomorrow as I need to wire up all the amps, sound deaden everything and fit the speakers and cross overs! I also need to find the rest of my cloud9 and the missing amp! Once all that is done Ill be making a false floor to hide it all!
Thanks given by:
Fair enough looks like some good kit there.
I fitted a sub to my hdi today can definatly say its harder with aircon and passenger airbag :/
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 238,955 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 6,317 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 14,167 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore