Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
(23-10-2013, 08:58 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: I had a burnt out indicator plug from a loose relay, I popped out the coloured plug and then the individual wire plugs, gave then a very good clean and all is well 6months +

So not to bad to do then?

Though I need to stop the water coming in first
Thanks given by:
Not really, you'll spend longer sorting your water feature lol
Disclaimer....now it won't work for you lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I put the other sunroof in the other day and sealed the frame when I fitted it. Hopefully it will sort my water problem but wont know till we get some more heavy rain which may be tonight if the forecast is correct.

I rolled the front arches the other night as well as the tyres scrubbed with the spacers fitted. Me, jimbo and craigus chipped in together and brought an archer roller and I must say I was pretty impressed with it

[Image: null_zpsd8d7dcf9.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsffa9c4fc.jpg]

I need to see about sorting the relay connector pretty soon as well as I cant use the heated rear screen at the moment. A few pics of the relay it melted

[Image: null_zps2950a190.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsb14e964e.jpg]

And a pic of how it sits at the moment after fitting the different springs on the front and dropping the rear a little more. Think its lowered the front about 50mm which I think it sits pretty nice

[Image: null_zps7c3416fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sad

[Image: null_zps5185c0e1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Too much boost ?
Thanks given by:
that just a boot split or shaft gone??

any pics of the arches rolled close up?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 05:23 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Too much boost ?

Didn't think I would ever hear you say that lol

(29-10-2013, 05:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: that just a boot split or shaft gone??

any pics of the arches rolled close up?

I reckon 1 of the balls has shoot out. Will have more of a look when I change it.

I will try and get some pics when I change the drive shaft. Made a pretty good job!
Thanks given by:
Like the look of the arch roller, good idea chipping in between a few of you.
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 05:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Like the look of the arch roller, good idea chipping in between a few of you.

Yeah it's a good bit of kit! It was only £75 to buy anyway which ain't to bad but goes 3s in was ideal.

Still think I did a good job of the rears considering I just used a hammer Smile
Thanks given by:
those arch rollers work brilliantly, I just used a dolly and a little bodyshop hammer from my mates bodyshop. worked fine.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Smart!
Thanks given by:
Oh no thats the long shaft aswell! Get your deep 11mm socket out!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 07:57 PM)Tom Wrote: Oh no thats the long shaft aswell! Get your deep 11mm socket out!

Oh yes and the air ratchet Smile
Thanks given by:
Lucky you, my arms were cramping right up after lying under the car undoing those bastards!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 08:35 PM)Tom Wrote: Lucky you, my arms were cramping right up after lying under the car undoing those bastards!

Yeah I have done them so many times with just a ratchet. Air tools make some things so much easier
Thanks given by:
Do you wona come and roll some rear arches for me Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
it maybe the long shaft but if its just the half thats busted...just find a second hand half shaft n throw it in
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 09:49 PM)puglove Wrote: Do you wona come and roll some rear arches for me Big Grin

We could always rent it out to forum membersWink
Or come sw meet and use it then
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 10:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: it maybe the long shaft but if its just the half thats busted...just find a second hand half shaft n throw it in

Well a new 1 is £41+ vat so I'm going for that as I fort that was a good price,
Thanks given by:
thats a great price...trade price ftw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2013, 07:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: thats a great price...trade price ftw

Yeah though I just looked on eBay and there £37 posted with 2 year warrenty
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 10:29 PM)Jimbo Wrote:
(29-10-2013, 09:49 PM)puglove Wrote: Do you wona come and roll some rear arches for me Big Grin

Post it up to the midlands Wink
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 07:30 PM)Frosty Wrote: I rolled the front arches the other night as well as the tyres scrubbed with the spacers fitted. Me, jimbo and craigus chipped in together and brought an archer roller and I must say I was pretty impressed with it

Able to book mine in?
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2013, 08:28 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(29-10-2013, 10:29 PM)Jimbo Wrote:

Post it up to the midlands Wink

To be honest by the time it's been send to you and you returned it would cost half of what a new 1 would cost to buy cuz it fairly heavy

(30-10-2013, 09:19 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(27-10-2013, 07:30 PM)Frosty Wrote: I rolled the front arches the other night as well as the tyres scrubbed with the spacers fitted. Me, jimbo and craigus chipped in together and brought an archer roller and I must say I was pretty impressed with it

Able to book mine in?

I'm sure we can sort something out for you mark!
Thanks given by:
I got the drive shaft changed so that's all good and back being able to drive it. From looking at the old drive shaft it looks like 1 of the caps has come off and all the pins fired out which is why the boot has 2 splits in it.

Also got some xenon bulbs fitted for my dip beam. There not a massive a mount better than the osram night breaker bulbs I had fitted but the blue ness makes them look a lot better. Also fitted some LED side light bulbs
Thanks given by:
Some pics of the xenons fitted

[Image: null_zpsc49a7ef2.jpg]

[Image: null_zpse7744001.jpg]

I've got a strange noise that comes from the front when pulling away slowly but it doesn't aways do it. It never did it before I had the drive shaft issues so I wonder if its the new drive shaft that's my problem. I'm tempted to fit a 2nd 1 and see if that cures it
Thanks given by:
Looks shite..

lmao

Looks.. Cool
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 07:46 PM)Frosty Wrote: Some pics of the xenons fitted

I've got a strange noise that comes from the front when pulling away slowly but it doesn't aways do it. It never did it before I had the drive shaft issues so I wonder if its the new drive shaft that's my problem. I'm tempted to fit a 2nd 1 and see if that cures it

I had the same problem from an ebay rh shaft i fitted, dropped one in from gsf and cured it
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 11:00 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Looks shite..

lmao

Looks.. Cool

Cheers lmao

(07-11-2013, 11:10 PM)306Dan Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 07:46 PM)Frosty Wrote: Some pics of the xenons fitted

I had the same problem from an ebay rh shaft i fitted, dropped one in from gsf and cured it

What noise did your make?

The noise it makes is hard to explain but when it does it, it sounds really bad. Will try a 2nd hand 1 I have got and go from there. It drives fine though
Thanks given by:
Had look into the noise I got when I pull away. I changed the driveshaft for a 2nd hand 1 and it is still there and then I checked the cam belt side mount which I found to not be tight so I tighten that up and the noise is still there. I would describe the noise as a harsh squeak and it seems to do it more in reverse. I'm wondering if its the clutch. I duno if anyone else has had any issues with a CG paddle clutch?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 8,402 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 10,375 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 100,053 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty