Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
got to admit the bloody shifted sunday night when you pulled out of chris's! sounded evil to just need a the exhaust to be a bigger bore chap Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what clutch is fitted at the mo??

my standard valeo is holding up great with the 2.1 but I be doing same as you if it starts to slip...valeo cover with CG friction side
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 09:04 PM)sam Wrote: got to admit the bloody shifted sunday night when you pulled out of chris's! sounded evil to just need a the exhaust to be a bigger bore chap Smile

This ^^^^
When I drove it was pretty impressed the spool is so epically fast. And does sound good on blow Wink
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 09:04 PM)sam Wrote: got to admit the bloody shifted sunday night when you pulled out of chris's! sounded evil to just need a the exhaust to be a bigger bore chap Smile

Cheers I will have to take you for a spin sometime. I really duno what to do about exhaust though. I love the sound of the 1 on there but at the end of the day it prob is a bit restrictive but will have to see in the new year

(15-10-2013, 09:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: what clutch is fitted at the mo??

my standard valeo is holding up great with the 2.1 but I be doing same as you if it starts to slip...valeo cover with CG friction side

Standard clutch at the moment. Not sure what make it is though. I didn't put a new 1 on when I did the engine as it didn't look to bad and I knew it had been replaced like 3 years ago anyway. But I now guess the extra power has woken it up

It's a fair bit cheaper option with a valeo pressure plate and CG friction plate than the whole CG set up
Thanks given by:
yeah for sure, they quote £80 for just friction plate to handle 350ft lbs
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
2.5" turbo back with no box's Wink uttah savage!!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2013, 06:20 AM)Piggy Wrote: yeah for sure, they quote £80 for just friction plate to handle 350ft lbs

I paid more than that. First time I spoke to them they said £120 each or £100 each if I buy a pair but when I phoned up to ordered he said £275 for a pair but I did get a pair in the end for £250.

(16-10-2013, 06:43 AM)sam Wrote: 2.5" turbo back with no box's Wink uttah savage!!

That would sound epic but will have to see. I guess that if I went for 2.5" it will weld straight onto the flex
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2013, 06:43 AM)sam Wrote: 2.5" turbo back with no box's Wink uttah savage!!

exactly what I've been saying to him sam!

(16-10-2013, 12:15 PM)Frosty Wrote: That would sound epic but will have to see. I guess that if I went for 2.5" it will weld straight onto the flex

Do what we did to mine when Ruan and James were round....drop the exhaust from the downpipe...see what she goes like....I reckon the exhaust will be sorted next week then ;-)
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2013, 12:58 PM)mr_fish Wrote:

exactly what I've been saying to him sam!

(16-10-2013, 12:15 PM)Frosty Wrote: That would sound epic but will have to see. I guess that if I went for 2.5" it will weld straight onto the flex

Do what we did to mine when Ruan and James were round....drop the exhaust from the downpipe...see what she goes like....I reckon the exhaust will be sorted next week then ;-)

Get yours sorted and then I will be able to make my mind up. Will prob end up sorting something but I got a few other things to sort out first. May very well drop the exhaust off some time though
Thanks given by:
I forgot to say that I fitted a new battery the other day cuz the 1 on there was pretty old and never sound great on start up so wanted to get it changed before the winter comes in. Got a bosch 4 year 1 for £54 including the VAT which I fort wasn't to bad.

[Image: null_zps172e1f14.jpg]

On other news when driving the car to work this morning after some rain last night I found I still have water coming in and getting into the relays which is a pain. I will have more of a look when I change the wiper motor. Also have water coming in by the aerial so I will need to seal that up. And finally I got water coming in the rear quarters. I had a look after work and think it maybe the sun roof drain pipe which looks like its been rubbing on the gap in the roof.

[Image: null_zpsd257b050.jpg]

I wrapped some tape around it so hopefully that will sort it but I have left the C pillars out at the moment so I can keep an eye on it.

The water leaving its mark

[Image: null_zps085489b3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sure its coming in up there and not rusted a hole in the arch further down?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 07:50 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Sure its coming in up there and not rusted a hole in the arch further down?

Mine has that rust marking and there's a hole by the seat belt top anchor Sad
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 07:50 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Sure its coming in up there and not rusted a hole in the arch further down?

Pretty sure the arches are all good cuz I checked and clean the arches when it was off the road. It's looks like it maybe coming in the rear window seals
Thanks given by:
bit of a sieve this thing eh?? Tongue
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 11:33 AM)mr_fish Wrote: bit of a sieve this thing eh?? Tongue

Yeah it bloody seems to be Sad
Thanks given by:
This is how it looks with the water getting in. I do think it's the window seal though but I did change them the others day so may have to try and see about sealing them some how

[Image: null_zps941b4edd.jpg]

And I got this bad boy to fit

[Image: null_zps39f28d98.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit of a weekend update. So Friday night I stayed on after work (standard Friday night for me) to get the rear axle lowered a bit more. Went for another 30mm and I would say that's about perfect height. The axle came apart like a dream which I did hope it would as it was only apart the week before. I think I even didn't say 1 swear word when lowering it which is pretty rare for me. Bit of a fail on pics but I will sort that maybe tomorrow.

Then onto today which my plan was to fit the paddle clutch. I got down work nice and early and had the gearbox on the floor in about an hour. I seemed to have a slight engine oil leak so after talking to mark the other day I fort I would check the crank seal behind the flywheel and surprisingly enough it was slightly leaking so I phoned up GSF to see if they had 1 and they had 1 in stock to by surprise so out comes there van bout 10:30 and they sent a gear rod which wasn't what I wanted. Phoned them up and they said part numbers were muddled up so after waiting another 2 hours I finally had the seal to fit. The waiting wouldn't of been so bad but I had football in the afternoon was time was pretty tight.

[Image: null_zpsa9fc408a.jpg]

Anyway got the seal fitted and flywheel on and clutch bolted up

[Image: null_zpsb64b75bb.jpg]

[Image: null_zps5bfcb77b.jpg]

Mark then came over to pick up his pick up up so it was handy he gave he a hand as there never the nicest things to get the fork and bearing lined up. Got it all bolted back together and it all seems fine. Got to say the clutch aint really that bad to drive. Just pulling away is defiantly different.

Will try and get some pics tomorrow
Thanks given by:
looks brilliant Smile
Thanks given by:

You were kind of right. There were a couple of little holes that I would guess were there for screws to hold the arch liner back but I don't have any arch liners in anyway so just sealed them up. But them holes were only really the cause of the mud on the inside

I'm really losing the love for this thing at the moment, mostly due to the water leak which seem to be down to the sunroof. Anyone shine any light on how they are suppose to seal? Its leaking from just above the drive seat as I get dripped on when driving now I have taken the roof lining down

I have also had to take the spacers off the front as the wheels were rubbing on the arches. I must say its makes a big difference not having spacers as the wheels are tucked in they look shocking. I have brought an arch roller so when that turns up I will see about sorting the front arches so I can get the spacers back on
Thanks given by:
Lots of silicone is the answer mate seems like that'll be what mine gets lol
Thanks given by:
Sure it's not leaking around the Arial
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 07:08 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Lots of silicone is the answer mate seems like that'll be what mine gets lol

Yeah I think that is going to be the solution to fix it. It wont be pretty but it should do the jobSmile

(23-10-2013, 07:17 PM)karl1989 Wrote: Sure it's not leaking around the Arial

Well the arial was leaking but I sealed that up but its defo the sunroof leaking. Hopefully sort it over the weekend
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 07:21 PM)Frosty Wrote: Yeah I think that is going to be the solution to fix it. It wont be pretty but it should do the jobSmile

If pug can hide a multitude of sins under the roof lining, then..Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 07:37 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 07:21 PM)Frosty Wrote: Yeah I think that is going to be the solution to fix it. It wont be pretty but it should do the jobSmile

I just hope my plan does fix my problem
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 07:51 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 07:37 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:

I just hope my plan does fix my problem

Just make sure everything is clean etc and it will be ok, I have faith...as it's not my French shed lol

Thanks given by:
Result of water getting to the relays Sad

[Image: null_zpsd9178e63.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Holy corrosion batman

Thanks given by:
Thats shit mate. Sure you'll sort it.
Still keen for.plymouth on sat
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:48 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Thats shit mate. Sure you'll sort it.
Still keen for.plymouth on sat

I will have to get another connector and wire it in. Cant imagine it being easy though Sad. The relay just gets really hot but its just the heated rear screen so not the end of the world.

Yeah I am if I get my car all back together

(23-10-2013, 08:46 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Holy corrosion batman

Bit of a pain really
Thanks given by:
I had a burnt out indicator plug from a loose relay, I popped out the coloured plug and then the individual wire plugs, gave then a very good clean and all is well 6months +

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,987 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 10,199 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 96,390 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty