Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
I'm just going to keep an eye out for 1 but there's no grantee another axle will be just the same
Thanks given by:
But you have a better chance not being a phase 1 axle
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got some pics now from the bits I got done yesterday. So here they are.

The EGT probe fitted to the exhaust manifold

[Image: null_zps077c28c1.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsa5e0eb2c.jpg]

[Image: null_zps85e9afb5.jpg]

Got the turbo all bolted up and all the other bits. I had a knocking coming from the exhaust on start up so I made a little modification which included using a hammer Smile

[Image: null_zps1ffdda06.jpg]

I didn't get any pic while doing the axle mainly as I was getting stressed out but heres some pics of the beating the near side trailing arm took

[Image: null_zpsd11c3349.jpg]

[Image: null_zps10a542c3.jpg]

And pics the damage to my thumb after swinging like mad on the hammer

[Image: null_zps7e0575f3.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsba4b8d90.jpg]

Some pics of how the car sits after the axle been lowered

[Image: null_zps5fcbb05e.jpg]

[Image: null_zps4f0ef2cf.jpg]

[Image: null_zps6f995624.jpg]

[Image: null_zps004dc518.jpg]

[Image: null_zps3d95186e.jpg]

I think the passenger side is the perfect height I am after but the driver side is a tad lower but I think they always seem to be that way. But I cant really tell on the height till I get the front lowered and I have got some challengers to go on so will have to see how it sits with them on.
Thanks given by:
Right, not sure if this is going to work as I'm on tapafail.

Few extra pictures of frosty's lowering

Didn't take long to break out the heat.

One off, with Jimbo looking happy

Poor mr frost was getting a bit niggly come the end but did get it all back together and down on its wheels.

And one of him happy again

Just the front to do

While the lowering was kicking off, Jimbo made use of an empty ramp and dropped his backbox off to fit another

Two black ph1s on the ramps

And one of the box fitted...

Thanks given by:
Cheers for popping the pics up mark.

I went back down work last Sunday to finish fitting the front springs. Got the springs fitted and back on the car

[Image: null_zps53566eed.jpg]

All back together and dropped on the ground

[Image: null_zps9b53f5ac.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsc1dbf56f.jpg]

I think the front is a little lower but not the 30/40mm there were meant to be but I hope with a bit of driving they will settle down.

I have also been refurbing the challengers I have got. Going to be painting them white so I will prob get slated for kind of coping Darren with the white challengers and the angel eyes but I only doing them bits as I think it suits a black ph1 so much.

Might get down work and do a few bits this weekend as I have been away all week so haven't been able to do anymore but I was nice to have a break from the car
Thanks given by:
Epic project mate, can't believe I haven't read through it yet!

You've put loads of effort it, I hope it'll all be worth it for you soon.

Love how you've mounted your gauges, it is exactly how I want to do mine, I've got them all, just need to get round to actually sorting them out.

Your intake then, is it 180° elbow off the turbo and then you've used flexi all the way?
I've got a 180°, which I'm gonna step up in size and use metal pipe along the way. Don't want it to collapse in on itself!
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 06:28 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Epic project mate, can't believe I haven't read through it yet!

You've put loads of effort it, I hope it'll all be worth it for you soon.

Love how you've mounted your gauges, it is exactly how I want to do mine, I've got them all, just need to get round to actually sorting them out.

Your intake then, is it 180° elbow off the turbo and then you've used flexi all the way?
I've got a 180°, which I'm gonna step up in size and use metal pipe along the way. Don't want it to collapse in on itself!

Cheers chap!

I wasn't going to have all the gauges but then I suddenly decided I wanted them. I think it was cuz of seeing Marks gauges in his 206 and it is always good to know what is going on. It was a bit more money than I was hoping to spend though.

For the intake I got a 90deg reducer off the turbo that goes from 51mm to 70mm, then I have a 70mm bit of alley pipe inside the reducer that then has some 70mm flexi pipe over that. Its not to bad but it is pretty tight at the back of the engine but I couldn't really think of any other way to do it as I didn't want to go de-filtered. It is flexi pipe all the way to the filter from the reducer but I have put the rest of the 70mm alley pipe I had in the straight bit to the filter to give it a bit of structure.
Thanks given by:
Time for an update, I got a bit more done to the car tonight after work. I have made a start putting the inside back together. Pretty much all the dash bits are back where they should be just need to sort out the rear seats and a good clean. I have got the stereo all fitted into the lower centre console. I have got a slight earth problem though. When I put the car into reverse the gauges flicker which I think it down to a bad earth. I have cleaned up some of the earth points but it made no difference so if anyone has any ideas that would be great Smile

I have been having a look at my intake set up and it is so tight where it goes between the servo and inlet manifold. Its pretty much touching a metal brake pipe and 1 of the heater matrix hoses so im not overly happy about that so I need to come up with something to do or poss get smaller pipe which I don't really want to do as the stuff aint cheap. Also I have rolled (hit with a hammer) the rear arches which is ready for when I fit the challengers with the 20mm spacers. As for some of the body work I have decided just to get the minimum done at the moment. I have got the front bumper, side trim, grill and hockey sticks all being done. I wanted to get more done but im running out of time and at the end of the day its an old 306 so its never going to be perfect.

So the plan is to have this on the road 1st September which at this moment in time shouldn't be a problem, though im not sure what state it will be in. I think I have sorted out the insurance so I just need to get that paid for next week and get it taxed and it should be on the road Smile

Will upload some pics tomorrow hopefully
Thanks given by:
Wooo.
Finally its nearly there.how u getting on with refurbing the challengers
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 05:43 AM)Jimbo Wrote: Wooo.

Yeah nearly there now. They just need painting
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 06:21 AM)Frosty Wrote:

they were 'nearly there' 2 weeks ago... just over one week to the 1st... Wink
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 12:05 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(23-08-2013, 06:21 AM)Frosty Wrote:

they were 'nearly there' 2 weeks ago... just over one week to the 1st... Wink

Haha yeah but I was away last week and Gary is away this week. It will prob have the lasers on it for a few days I expect Sad
Thanks given by:
Got a bit more done to this. Got some side skirts fitted. Not the greatest condition but they will do for now

[Image: null_zps934a0a39.jpg]

Got the stereo fitted into the lower centre console

[Image: null_zps76f88b82.jpg]

Most of the interior is all back together. Pretty much just the rear seats to go in now and a good clean

[Image: null_zps5c5288ea.jpg]

As I said the air intake is pretty tight so I think I'm going to put a bit of hose over the brake pipe and put some tape around the heater matrix pipe.

[Image: null_zps5679bc6c.jpg]

[Image: null_zps560f96d7.jpg]

Got no front bumper or grill on at the moment as there getting painted. I think it looks so much better without the bumper though Smile

[Image: null_zps4d853894.jpg]

I had a bit of an issue with 1 of the dip beams not working on the angel eyes but I think I have sorted that now. Its pretty much just waiting for the bits to come back from getting painted and sort the air intake and it will be ready for the road. It is still going to have bits that need doing but that will keep me interested in it when its on the road so I don't mind that.

I got the insurance all sorted and paid for with a big thanks to Jordan for his help with that. Got a good price I think considering all the mods.
Thanks given by:
woh thats a huuuuuge intercooler.

the front end settled yet, it looks still really high in that earlier post!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I don't think it has really settled yet but I haven't driven it anywhere. I measured it against my S16 and it does sit about an inch lower
Thanks given by:
Got the challengers painted last night so will have a look at them tomorrow night to see what there like now they have dried. Hopefully then put the tyres on and fit them on the weekend.

Picked up all the bits that I have had painted as well. I took the car for a drive to the painting workshop to fit the bumper on. Was good to finally take it for a little drive. I think I just need to turn the fuel down a bit as it smoke on boost.

Really getting excited about having this back on the road! Will try and get some pics tomorrow
Thanks given by:
dont turn the fuel down....turn the boost up!!!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 09:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: dont turn the fuel down....turn the boost up!!!! lol

I knew someone was going to say it!! Smile
Thanks given by:
Got my better condition bonnet fitted today and I fitted my strut brace. I do have a problem with the strut brace though as it is pressing on the brake reservoir. Not sure why as I had it on my S16 with no problem. I guess it maybe cuz if got a gti6 MC fitted. Anyone else had this problem?

[Image: null_zps7ec9fd4d.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsa10d1677.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsb7f8750a.jpg]

A few more pics of other bits

Freshly painted front bumper

[Image: null_zps033acfd7.jpg]

My wheels ready to for me to fit tyres to tomorrow.

[Image: null_zpsda87bfbd.jpg]

I did quickly fit 1 onto the spare tonight

[Image: null_zps457a51ca.jpg]

Hope to get them fitted to the car tomorrow
Thanks given by:
[Image: null_zps4d853894.jpg]

That looks awesome! Just stick the number plate on top of the cooler where the grill was Tongue
Thanks given by:
Got some more bits done to. I got down work nice and early and got the tyres fitted to the challengers and then fitted them to the car with 20mm spacers. The car does now look a lot like Darren's, whether that is a good or bad thing I dunno. I do have a slight problem with the passenger side tyre rubbing on the arch a bit. It doesn't do it all the time though. I will try and get that sorted tomorrow.

Also take the air feed off again and put some tape round the heater matrix hose and some vac pipe round the brake pipe that the intake pipe was very close to. It is pretty much ready for the road now. Just a few finishing bits to do tomorrow and give it a good clean inside and a polish on the outside
Thanks given by:
exciting...on the road monday is the goal? like mwah!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 10:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: exciting...on the road monday is the goal? like mwah!

Sunday
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi how does it drive with the 17's on it thinking of fitting some to mine how is the ride quality over what you had before thanks.
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 11:52 PM)vtec power gt Wrote: Hi how does it drive with the 17's on it thinking of fitting some to mine how is the ride quality over what you had before thanks.

Haven't really driven it yet with the 17s on. Will let you know though

(30-08-2013, 11:43 PM)sam Wrote: Looking good chap Smile

Cheers Sam
Thanks given by:
Team black ph1. Looking good mate liking the cooler Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2013, 08:08 AM)karl1989 Wrote: Team black ph1. Looking good mate liking the cooler Smile

Cheers. We have to stick together lol
Thanks given by:
Just left team black ph1Sad
Oh well needs must
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2013, 08:22 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Just left team black ph1Sad
Oh well needs must

Text me back or facebook me!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 8,401 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 10,374 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 100,049 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty