Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust
(21-06-2013, 08:35 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: and i noticed the downpipe has the same diameter of a coffee mug, fits right in there haha
[Image: IMAG0082_zps56eda171.jpg]

Your supposed to drink the coffee not feed it to the turbo!!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I would love to forge the engine now in its current state, but i just can't afford it at this moment in time Sad

its not really a massive issue anyway, I have a spare d8a engine thats already been rebuilt about 2k miles ago so might build up that bottom end with forged rods ready to go on after fcs. I get a fairly big payrise at the end of next month so that ties up quite nicely with my plans to forge it, the headbolts i have were from a group buy a while back, came off ash23 car, same group buy that I believe Ruan's studs came from.

i already have all the numbers off the turbo and know exactly what it is ninja

Jamie, turbos love coffee and rides in the car!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Do you tuck it up in the bed with you at night aswell ?? lmao

/runs off to poor coffee down the HDIs boost pipes

Thanks given by:
(22-06-2013, 10:16 AM)puglove Wrote: Do you tuck it up in the bed with you at night aswell ?? lmao

it cost about as much as a child so im going to treat it like one lmao
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2013, 10:17 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(22-06-2013, 10:16 AM)puglove Wrote: Do you tuck it up in the bed with you at night aswell ?? lmao

True lol

Thanks given by:
(22-06-2013, 10:19 AM)puglove Wrote:
(22-06-2013, 10:17 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

True lol

like your supercharger that has its own room hahaha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
oohhh yeah lol, well it likes to have its own personal space, lol, but its gotta share the room with all the other shineys lol

Thanks given by:
finally got the turbo on today Smile looks alot more complete now, with that in place thought it would be rude not to see if it would start.....

[Image: IMAG0085_zpsa7cb1fc2.jpg]

It didnt, spent ages checking everything for leaks and making sure everything was tight, it turns over beautifully but doesn't fire, traced it down to an electrical fault thats not letting the 12v through to the pump solenoid, il chase it down tommorrow at some point, oh and the rad is back on ready for the glorious moment when it does come to life properly Smile

had a pretty major distraction today in the form of someone crashing a toyota in the field right next to the workshop, certainly not something you expect to happen
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ah mate that looks great!!

Looking forward on hearing it run.... should be ace!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it's always the solenoid!

nearly there chap
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Should have just bridged a wire from the battery to see it running Wink Looking good tho

Im surprised there isnt crashes all the time down at your work shop there all crazy down that straight the amount of times i seen people over taking when there was on coming traffic, was waiting for a crash to happen and i was only sat there 2 hours lol

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 08:19 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Should have just bridged a wire from the battery to see it running Wink Looking good tho

Im surprised there isnt crashes all the time down at your work shop there all crazy down that straight the amount of times i seen people over taking when there was on coming traffic, was waiting for a crash to happen and i was only sat there 2 hours lol

i think that crash yesterday was the result of someone pulling out to overtake too early, car coming the other way so had no where to go but straight off the edge of the road down the bank and into the field. me and luke just heard tyre squeal and a thud, went outside to look and there was as toyota halfway across the field all smashed up where it had nose dived into the ditch. been a few crashes there though, my mate got rear ended by a van when he was slowing down to turn into my workshop
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
so after a sunday evening bought of enthusiasm, IT RUNS!!!!!

my electrical problem turned out to be the wrong fuse board in the dash, swapped that for the phase 2 item and all problems solved Smile
[Image: IMAG0089_zps8a53e92a.jpg]

got it turning over at this point with fuel coming through so bled the fuel lines and bolted them back together, started first turn of the key after been stood for about a month Smile

running without a full exhaust so it was bloody loud, that tapping sound is the downpipe rattling on the floor

then decided to go for it and put more bits together so rad was plumbed in (small leak from bottom hose, simple fix hopefully with a new o ring), slimline fans on, slam panel on and some electrical stuff for gauges.

[Image: IMAG0092_zpsf88b4b91.jpg]

didn't take any pics after that as my phone went flat, but both front struts are off awaiting coilovers and brembos Smile maybe get that finished tomorrow.

really excited now that its running with no leaks or odd noises Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Awesome! Good to see its running!
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 12:00 AM)Stephen Wrote: Awesome! Good to see its running!

yeah, i was pretty pleased when it coughed into life, so relieving knowing its all timed up right and theres no leaks Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah I bet!
Thanks given by:
awesome! Well done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well done mate. Always reassuring when a home brew engine conversion starts.
Thanks given by:
It started really well too, the first time I tried It it was running on 3 cylinders as one injector was disconnected for bleeding the air out. It's rearing to go!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good work dude, love how this project is speeding along!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 02:43 PM)Tom Wrote: Good work dude, love how this project is speeding along!!

Cheers man, its just getting it to a point where all the fun stuff can begin Big Grin
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
so after a sunday evening bought of enthusiasm, IT RUNS!!!!!

my electrical problem turned out to be the wrong fuse board in the dash, swapped that for the phase 2 item and all problems solved Smile

You mean it didnt take 4 weeks to find a blown fuse???

/runningfromjamienow
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 03:27 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: so after a sunday evening bought of enthusiasm, IT RUNS!!!!!

/runningfromjamienow

lmao repped
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 03:27 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: so after a sunday evening bought of enthusiasm, IT RUNS!!!!!

/runningfromjamienow

K N O B

Thanks given by:
lmao
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Thats love right there.

Gotta say if a pug dont ru and its got fuel and the inertia switch it alright fueses should always be the first port of call to check.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 09:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Thats love right there.

Gotta say if a pug dont ru and its got fuel and the inertia switch it alright fueses should always be the first port of call to check.

They were , i was just lazy. It was a big fuse under the bonnet , and i didn't take them out to check ......

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 09:29 PM)puglove Wrote:
(24-06-2013, 09:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Thats love right there.

They were , i was just lazy. It was a big fuse under the bonnet , and i didn't take them out to check ......

the big 60 amp one? that was the first one I checked after your thread, see it was useful after all haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
11mm give any issue? When I first put it on my car was a right pain to start!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2013, 10:39 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: 11mm give any issue? When I first put it on my car was a right pain to start!

it started lovely mate, not even a stutter, gave it a quick blip tonight to see if everything was still good and it coaled my entire workshop out so no issues in regards to fueling haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,023 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,748 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01
  Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo PUGNUT_XS 243 127,003 13-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Joep83