Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
So's mine. thermostat stuck open ftl. however, cardboard covering up half the rad ftw... lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Naw mine's a lack of matrix hoses..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ah, that might be detrimental to heating... Rofl

Thanks given by:
Mmhmm. Matrix is probably full of water and rotten now too, oh joy
Thanks given by:
It's meant to be full of water ya daft scot

Thanks given by:
yes, circulating water..
Thanks given by:
meh, details

Thanks given by:
(16-01-2013, 09:55 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Well.. i have a few ninja plans, but as usual noone is going to know them until i've done them. You'll all just moan at me anyway.

It's time to go balls out...
ninja

I wish I knew Sad I'm intrigued though...
Thanks given by:
Oh and f*ck off I'm not stalking you lol
Thanks given by:
Camo colours?

Are you turning it into a tank?!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
It's the colour if the hedge he's gonna drive it into when the next turbo goes.
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2013, 11:42 PM)Scott Wrote:
(16-01-2013, 09:55 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Well.. i have a few ninja plans, but as usual noone is going to know them until i've done them. You'll all just moan at me anyway.

It's time to go balls out...
ninja

I wish I knew Sad I'm intrigued though...

You have a better idea than anyone mate. Still only a snippet but more than these cunny funts know.
Thanks given by:
My guess is on something related to the interior.. maybe a retrim in one of those colours? ninja
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah so it is what I thought then. Win. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out Wink
Thanks given by:
You mean you're looking to see how THAT part of it turns out Wink
Thanks given by:
More good news.. turbo is still alive hooray!

Fiddled with the pump a bit too, turned the fuel down slightly as it was still a bit smokey and wound up the idle. Much better now, on the T2 I had the max fuel as high as it would go and the idle all the way out, idle had climbed to 1100rpm too so it was pouring fuel in. Idle's now bang on 900rpm with the idle screw in and it responds MUCH better now.

Picks up speed effortlessly, 20-40mph kind of pulls at part throttle and it just spools. Hits 15-20 psi easily and goes no higher, no real lag as such. Still not tried it at top end but it's hitting 20psi under 2.5krpm, won't be trying any higher pulls until I get new oil in it.

Also had a brainstorming session with a pal whose previous cars include this beasty..

[Image: 399372_10151144780970641_1686685423_n.jpg]

We're currently thinking of things we can do. Manly things, involving metal work and retro awesomeness. Unfortunately none of that is happening until we get paid again, so instead we fitted his banded steelies and cleaned my car. And found some props that may or may not be useful..

Oh and i'm not saying what either of our plans are, especially not Craig's as he's a whole transformation planned for his Cab that I am not at liberty to reveal, but needless to say within the next month a LOT of work will be happening. Lots of brews needed for the foreseeable future...

[Image: 59515_10151370842912485_1672685182_n.jpg]

[Image: 74943_10151370842922485_102469118_n.jpg]

[Image: 379200_10151370842937485_236693536_n.jpg]

[Image: 530810_10151370843027485_1396926361_n.jpg]

[Image: 424263_10151370843072485_1306624106_n.jpg]

[Image: 537225_10151370843092485_760500475_n.jpg]

[Image: 149545_10151370843152485_961268267_n.jpg]

[Image: 395404_10151370843182485_466349439_n.jpg]

He's running 9J front and 9.5J rear, no spacers, ET25 iirc, with 195/50/16's. Ghaz coilies are going on soon and more lows when we sort the arches.

But yes, lots happening soon, most of which a lot of you will moan at because i'll say before you all start, yes it would have looked sweet tidied up/paint redone, but one thing my turbos have taught me is it's just a car...
Thanks given by:
Cabby looks fookin epic, why do i keep loving cabbys just recently, not good!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I know, his cab's caused me to have a wee soft spot for them. Keep telling him it needs to be another 25mm lower, think when we can be arsed tackling the rear beam it'll come down. He has new coilies for it too so i might accidentally wind them down when i help fit them.

"oh sorry mate, must have set them too low. cba fixing them, be easier to just lower the beam to match"
Thanks given by:
Going to the rattier side of modifying? Tempted to go the same way with the van as the bodyworks fooked!

That cab'll look sweet dropped some more. Remember the old Clio, looked good on the Mattig steelies.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Cab looks ruined already.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
lol cab looks epic and will be even epic-er shortly!

Some more pics from today's shenanigans..

God knows about the tyres, he said "two left, two right yeah?" and they only had to bead blast two wheels, one would think they'd have twigged they were staggered fitment. Oh well, hopefully no new rubber needed.

For those that don't know, this is the face I was greeted with a lot of the day.

[Image: DSCF0429copy.jpg]

That's right, the "i don't think this will work" - "yeah it will, just get on with it" - "are you REALLY sure..?" face. Craig needs to seriously MTFU and just start chopping bits with an angle grinder for once in his life. OWAIT...

[Image: DSCF0424copy.jpg]

YEAHHH!

Went from this

[Image: DSCF0420copy.jpg]

To this

[Image: DSCF0439copy.jpg]

With some deft angle-grindery and some ingenious use of an old Mini exhaust and a few pop rivets. Cable ties, silicone, pop rivets, clamps, gun gum. Hammer. The man's tool supply.

My mobile bodyshop (read: decent sized hammer that lives in the boot of my car) got to work on his arches too. Whilst this is worth UBER scene points, it's maybe not practical for a daily driver

[Image: DSCF0411copy.jpg]

Nice polished ring of rubber and a few cheeky curls on the arch ;D So scene I could die.

Bash bash bash

[Image: DSCF0435copy.jpg]

Limited light when tidying up, signs of a day well spent. I've a feeling me and Craig getting together is going to be an unhealthy relationship. Family members are concerned...

[Image: DSCF0445copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0447copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0449copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0452copy.jpg]

Anyway that's Craig's cab. I'm sure you'll see a lot more of it over the coming weeks.

Here's a photo of mine keeping out of the way and unmodified for the most part of the day.

[Image: DSCF0426copy.jpg]

I found five minutes spare and decided I don't like the fact the washers don't work, it's rather inconvenient. So here was my plan.

Bottle of water, meet scuttle panel. Scuttle panel, bottle of water.

[Image: DSCF0441.jpg]

Swap the washer pipes to go the opposite way

[Image: DSCF0442.jpg]

Note the soot on the bonnet from the current lack of exhaust lmao

Move this little guy from the OS to the NS bonnet hinge

[Image: DSCF0443.jpg]

Jam the washer bottle grommet into the bottle, then jam the bottle in the scuttle panel. Realise said bottle is probably a little small, plan to fit something a bit bigger at a later date. Extend wiring, check it works, be happy you've no more leaky pipes and the ability for all the washer fluid to drain out overnight.

[Image: DSCF0444.jpg]

Oh and in other good news, I now have a working rev counter and can confirm chronic boostingz. 20psi is hit by 2250rpm, which is more than quick enough spool when you've no grip.

But in bad news, a brake pad fell out my rear brakes today. Couldn't get a new fitting kit (L-bracket thing) so I clamped off the flexi, being clever like that. Only I clamped it with the handbrake on, so half way home the wheel locked up and sent me a bit sideways on a roundabout. Pulled over, realised what i'd done, went to grab the clamp holding the flexi, couldn't reach, grabbed the wheel area to get further under the car and put three fingers and a thumb square on a red hot brake disc. 2nd degree burns to the thumb, first degree to the fingers.

FML.
Thanks given by:
I think im falling for you!!
Thanks given by:
Aww shucks
Thanks given by:
I haven't seen this thread in a while! This car seem to have more and more things added by the week! Keep up the good work mate. Hoping to see this at a few shows this year Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm curious as to why your mate has fitted a barry exhaust to his cab?

I appreciate some bodge-tastic mods can look good, but this is going very wrong at the moment...
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 09:06 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: I'm curious as to why your mate has fitted a barry exhaust to his cab?

I appreciate some bodge-tastic mods can look good, but this is going very wrong at the moment...

lol

You must be getting old. If everyone lacked enthusiasm like you we'd get nowhere in this world Wink
Thanks given by:
It's not age-related, it's taste. Or lack of, in your mates' case.

Gone are the days of making something shiny and good-looking, nowadays it's all about putting wheel and tyre combinations together which are usually not compatible and hitting your car relentlessly with a hammer until they fit, then standing back and waiting for approval from your 'car fwends'.

It's sad. That cab just needed a little work and it would have looked really smart, however the way it's going it will be on a scrapheap by summer...
Thanks given by:
Er, you seem to be missing the point. It's just a car. Given the fact that he owns it, does that not give him the right to do as he sees fit?

Same with mine. If i want to cut away the arches to get a ridiculous offset I will. If the shell's ruined in 6 months then fine, again, it's just a car. Neither Craig nor myself are doing anything to the cars to seek approval from anyone, that's the difference. We're just two guys f*cking around with our cars how we see fit, the fact I have a project thread is for me to document work done to the car, not to gauge reaction.

To put it in perspective, there was talk of a couple of shoots of my car this year if i tidied a few bits up. Whilst that would have been great to get the car shared about, I care little for public opinion. That's why i've just ordered a load of paint and taking it in a completely different direction. These magazines may well not want to know it any more, but that's their call.

Craig's happy bouncing around in his cab, scraping everywhere and ruining the drive. The car is heading in a direction he wants to take it, after spending years loving the car and caring for it he's reached the same point as me. f*ck it, it's only metal. Shiny bits can be transferred over to a new car, or sold on to make money back.

The game's no longer about having a tidy car. It's about having YOUR car and doing what you want with it. If that's not to your tastes then i'm sorry to hear that, but it's only you with the problem at the end of the day.

Sorry for the rant, nothing personal, but this whole "seeking approval" bullshit is exactly that. Bullshit. Read any of the proper stance webzines and you'll see these kind of people are very humble in the way they go about things...
Thanks given by:
Amen to that^
CAR, cheer the f*ck up you miserable git and accept that people may differ slightly from your ever so god like opinions and have some of their own?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyway, enough rambling, today's new toy turned up. £8 amazon jobby i'm going to wire in instead of the standard clock. Blue illumination, date/time, inside/outside temperature probes and voltage meter/battery monitor. Just need to find a way to incorporate it into the standard dash.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,760 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707