Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
(10-01-2013, 07:53 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Gotta say I was shitting it a bit with the amount of smoke coming out for the first ten mins. Revved it, smoke cleared. Guess that pic explains why lmao

Haha. When i had my Longlife from my 1.8 fitted to the gti i did this. Booted it up a dual carriageway and saw clouds of blue smoke pouring out. Thought "oh feck! Ive only just scrapped the 1.8 because of the oil problem. not again!" then i remembered. There was probably a good few litres of oil in there lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Bahahaha, I made a proper mess of the driveway. Left it idling for 10 mins and the smoke got thicker, presumably as the near-frozen oil in the exhaust started burning up, so what did I do?

Couple of big revs, smoke everywhere, then clean exhaust gas. Just a puddle of oil lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you da man mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Green peace been round yet?? Lol
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 06:46 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Green peace been round yet?? Lol

They tried but got held up washing oil off of all the poor bugs in the garden!! Lol sure they'll knock on the door next week
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
is she boosting?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:

Does that answer your question? ninja
Thanks given by:
Good to see your taking it steady! Sounds good too Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
woo! Good work mate Smile

Wait till you get it up to 25psi, you'll have a lot of fun!
Thanks given by:
well done mate, bet your well chuffed. just in time for fcs. get ya breakdown cover up to date.
Thanks given by:
What's the limit of boost for the GT20? I'm guessing mines the same apart from the compressor wheel so would like to know if I can go a little higher!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sounds amazing what setting you got your D2's on mine dont sound that hard?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBH sam i think my d2's have bodies from a 206 as they don't go that low, they currently have about 1" between the two locking collars. I've had to take loads of preload out the springs to get them low so they have about 5" of droop when off the ground. Damper settings are about half way.

Ricky personally I wouldn't want to go over about 25psi. The GT20's have a 5mm shaft, if anything i'd expect yours to spin slightly faster because of the lower compression ratio between hot and cold sides. The last one seemed happy at up to about 25 psi but the fatal run took it up to over 30.

In answer to anyone moaning about the needles, the rev counter isn't currently working (one reason i'm taking it easy) and the glare from the plasmas makes the needles hard to see. A couple of runs you can see the boost gauge needle though, where it turns red is the 20psi mark for reference.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh right makes sence about to say mine dont sou d anyway near as rattaly as yours makes swnce with the 206 bodies
Thanks given by:
Not only that, the back seat is full of axle stands, tools etc, so a lot of the clanging noise are them rattling about.

I'm more surprised how well the iPhone camera held up tbh
Thanks given by:
Good work Chris! Sounds awesome !

&

Mine rattles more and I don't carry tools Rofl
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Sounds an absolute monster when it's on full chat but i've not done many runs like that. Awch c'monnn I hate bedding in periods Sad
Thanks given by:
Oh makes loads more sence that lol
Thanks given by:
glad its working for you mate Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Dear gearbox

I have decided that 1st and 2nd gears are no longer needed. 3rd gear is on it's final warning.

FML fitting a big blower and not having any dry roads to test it lmao

Good news.. starting to drive in a more aggressive manner and building boost quicker now i've more confidence, seems to be holding up fine. Turned the fuel down slightly as it was smoking on boost and it seems plenty happy at the mo. There's probably a lot more in it but don't want to push it, 20psi seems pretty sweet so 24psi tops will be amazeballs.

It's not a top end headling bhp figure kind of engine now though. The torque delivery is almost instant, will spin up 1st and 2nd by 2krpm. 100% quicker than the T2 was and definitely happy about the heartbreak over the last few months.

<3
Thanks given by:
'sam likes this'
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
least its holding good Smile. shame about the box. you going for the DT or HDI box?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with the 'box mate, the gears are just redundant in this weather! Come on boost anywhere on a damp road and it's just lighting up the tyres.

Anyone fancy a wee guessing game?

First, pick a colour...

[Image: mont-CL6340.jpg]

or

[Image: mont-G1150.jpg]

or

[Image: mont-G1060.jpg]

Answers on the back of a postcard por favor xx
Thanks given by:
The colour of your sh*t?
Thanks given by:
All camo colours.

I would go first colour.
Thanks given by:
The colour of your finger after going through the bog paper?
Just please don't say alloys.
Thanks given by:
And you still havnt broken it?
Some sort of certificate is in order......

Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Well.. i have a few ninja plans, but as usual noone is going to know them until i've done them. You'll all just moan at me anyway.

It's time to go balls out...
Thanks given by:
So we shall see more pics of broken turbos and another epic 306 on a recovery truck fri? Lol

Looks like it goes well though bud
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah not planning any broken turbo pics any time soon. I am however planning on sorting the heating out, it's a bit ridiculously cold to drive at the minute!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,712 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707