Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Scott sort this f*cking forum out, keeps coming up saying invalid thread ID when someone leaves the last post on the page..

f*ck I only just noticed the compressor blades.. yeah that's f*cked.

Right, the search has begun. £150 is the cheapest I can find for a turbo. What a dilemma...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you fancy having a hotside altered, I have a 2052s off a TD5 for sale.. PM me if you're interested
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's tempting J-Dawg but the amount of effort i've put into fitting this i'd be crazy to drop a turbo size
Thanks given by:
no worries mate, i'll keep an eye out for another snail for you then!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
ohhhh chris what will we do with you

/sigh

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Already found one, but don't get paid until Monday. £150 is the cheapest I can find one and it's Xmas, so i've f*ck all chance of buying one this month. What's really gutting is i'll not get one as mint as this for the money I paid. Ever.
Thanks given by:
And so the hunt begins. Starting to play sellers against each other, price down to £140 now..
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 09:27 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: And so the hunt begins. Starting to play sellers against each other, price down to £140 now..

Good man! Thats how shit gets done Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Really sorry to hear about this mate, sounds like it would've been a complete animal! Good luck on getting a new blower sorted though man Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeahh just need to find the money from somewhere, but when I do it's game on.

Seen as i've done all the hard work in mounting the turbo, be daft to go for any other one now wouldn't it?
Thanks given by:
Especially as it seems so well suited as well! Surprised you were actually getting THAT much torque before 2k lol
Thanks given by:
Honestly it was mental, couldn't believe how quickly it spooled up!

Sure, camber at the front won't have helped, but the T2 lagged like f*ck before spooling and hardly broke traction
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 09:48 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Yeahh just need to find the money from somewhere, but when I do it's game on.

Seen as i've done all the hard work in mounting the turbo, be daft to go for any other one now wouldn't it?

you must have some surplus 306 gear you can flog to fund it?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
This is why i should spend less time looking at derv projects... as much as i love bwarp and revs.. i'll always have a sweet spot for derv boost!
Thanks given by:
Nah, well, was tempted to flog my 23.5mm tb's but took me long enough to get them, am not letting go!

Would raise a few quid breaking the car though, the spec list worries me in terms of how much i've spent haha

XXR 530's 16x8.25 with new Falken ZE912 195/40/16's
D2 coilovers with camber adjustable top mounts
XUD9TE with Xantia mani and FMIC
Bosch pump with gov mod and LDA grind (would eBay it for £££)
307 XSi 302mm brakes with new discs and pads
GTI rear disc beam with 23.5mm TB's, GTI ARB and ZX shocks
Alpine IDA X100 HU
Red suede door cards
Plasma dials
OMP rep suede wheel

That's well over £1k already!

Hmm.. epic Xmas or fix the car?
Thanks given by:
Fix the bloody car!!!! It's a shitter man but you can't bail out now
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Gutted for you dude, was lookimg forward to seeing this go. Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
il buy your old wheels to help Wink
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think he already sold them mate
Thanks given by:
A 2052s would work perfectly for now... At least you can get it on the road... Then you can save up for a gtb 60mm compressor and it'll be chronic as fook... I bet you what's happened there is that the boost pipes have expanded massively on boost and bent the housing away from the cartridge.. It's almost identical to what happened to one of my 2052vs, except the whole backplate snapped clean off, sending the compressor housing and backplate into the compressor wheel making a lovely mess... I ended up picking up a section of the compressor wheel up off the road!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
lol i'm not really breaking it but Ruan talks sense. There's no specific 2056S CHRA's for sale so not rebuilding it, but will be keeping the 2056 housing as I feel a hybrid will be in order one day..

And yes Ruan, that makes sense, but I think my comp housing mounting bolts/washers will not have helped either.

So currently on the lookout for a cheap 2052S or a 2056 if one comes up for sale any time soon cheap cheap.
Thanks given by:
Back in the game, this will be running by Saturday night ninja

Just want to say a massive thanks to Linzi for loaning me the money, how I ended up with such a f*cking amazing woman i do NOT know. Heart
Thanks given by:
Excellent news mate, sounds like Linzi is one hell of a woman! Mines the same, just paid for a set of Arianes for me for my bday and xmas! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah i'm paying her back on Monday when I get paid but she's stumped up the needed dollah including Saturday delivery. I'm working a lot over December so i'm kinda desperate to get this sorted before i'm back to work Wednesday..
Thanks given by:
Wow, you just don't hang around do you, fair play!
Thanks given by:
Nope. Xmas falls below chronic boost in my list of priorities.
Thanks given by:
Ahh think it's time for a change of style with the estate. Going to remove the majority of the stickers and clean it up, and add a couple of new ones.

Really fancy one that says "win pipe" to go on the rear bumper...
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 09:43 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Excellent news mate, sounds like Linzi is one hell of a woman! Mines the same, just paid for a set of Arianes for me for my bday and xmas! Big Grin

An mine she just paid for new interior lol
Thanks given by:
why you dont put 17? the xxr in 17 exist on 4x108. would be much better in the estate
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you..

One 5 mile old turbo.

As i'm sure you'll see from the following pics, that's not supposed to be like that, that's supposed to be attached to that, and that's generally f*cked. How to kill a turbo in 10 minutes...

[Image: DSCF2471.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2472.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2473.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2474.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2475.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2476.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2477.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2478.jpg]

By the looks of things, two fails on my part lead to the destruction of the blower. Number 1: threading a compressor housing bolt hole and not fixing it. And number 2: The bolt next to it, having not had a washer due to moving the actuator bracket, I used a random washer I had lying around that wasn't the same spec as the others and, being right next to the newly missing bolt, formed a weak point that bent the washer under boost pressure, which in turn lifted the housing, grinded the compressor wheel and eventually snapped the shaft.

This then lead to bursting the oil seals on the CHRA, filling the inlet with oil and, today, causing the engine to run away after fitting the new turbo. Rough guesstimate is there's between 1-2L of oil in the intercooler and lower pipework.

FML.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,826 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707