SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Looking good man. Your going to love them speakers but make sure you keep the volume relatively low for the first few hours of driving then gradually ramp it up. I know its tempting to see what they can do but its worth it to bed them in in the long run.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Going to have to get up early tomorrow to make the most of day light. Need to get the speakers and all the wiring done before the weekend! Cant wait to have it sorted and definitely cant wait for the new coilovers to arrive so it handles well.
Thanks given by:
Have you got spacers for the speakers?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 10:15 PM)Niall Wrote: Have you got spacers for the speakers?

of course!
Thanks given by:
Good lad!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'd recommend taking your time setting up the coilies too, the adjustable rebound damping takes some tweaking to get right.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good progress mate, makes me want to get on with the audio in my car.
Thanks given by:
Sweet progress mate! Get moar pics up when you can !
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
proper job there mate...well done! keep it up...although I would cry if I had someone put all that on my bonnet!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha it was placed on there not rubbed into the paint! DW I didn't put the sandpaper on the bonnet... I put it on the roof instead.

Anyway... Demon tweeks haven't even got my coilovers in stock and haven't replied to my emails yet.

So the red cebtre console is back in and all the cables are around along with the custom radio loom for me to run amped fronts.

[Image: IMG_20131228_142511_zpsvz4ma6yz.jpg]

Silent coat fitted on the inside and outside of the doors. Cross overs fitted too.

[Image: IMG_20131228_161343_zpsjtaeu3hz.jpg]

And yes finally we have a speaker fully fitted! Bad weather means I haven't got round to the passenger side but just one speaker sounds amazing right now.

[Image: IMG_20131229_113522_zpsdlkmvjxd.jpg]

Put the car through the car wash too but didn't get a picture until it was dark. I think it looks good though. Lowering looks spot on and its only fowling the arches on hard corners with big drops. May need to buy one of those crap TouchUp pens just to seal the cracks on the arches so they don't rust.

[Image: IMG_20131229_171206_zpszvjkxhre.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. id be tempted to get that window motor covered over. You want the whole lot covered over to hide any rattles lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(30-12-2013, 08:06 PM)Niall Wrote: Looks good mate. id be tempted to get that window motor covered over. You want the whole lot covered over to hide any rattles lol

Yeh I was waiting for comments about how I had dampened the door. Wasn't entirely sure how much to put on. There inside of the door is done front to back and top to bottom best I could. The panel you can see I just did thrbflat bits. Ill do the other door and see how much ivrbgot left over and then add the rest.

Note the silly double cross overs. I put them in the only place they would fit and had to remove the polystyrene from the door card. The tweeter crossover is adjustable with 0 +3 and +6 db. Luckily you can pull the end of the door card away enough to get a hand in and adjust them without completely removing the speakers etc.

Also for the record its all done properly with crimps and bullets. No bare wires here going into amps and cross over here. Unfortunately both my new soldering iron and old one both don't work really annoying so everything is crimped. Not how I wanted to do it in a few places but it will make sense if I ever swap cars.
Thanks given by:
Wiring looks confusing as f*ck haha, you going to sound deaden the roof and floor aswell?
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Floor is partially done with cloud9 and the boot is two layers of cloud9. I will put some silent coat on the roof when the lining next comes out.

Wiring is amped audio positive and negative which goes to both crossovers. Then positive and negative wires to the tweeker and woofer.
Thanks given by:
Never posted this picture of the sub and amp. Mid install but pretty much how it looks in the boot now.

[Image: IMG-20131227-WA0000_zpsrw3lss4b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Didn't think the Focals needed spacers on a 5 door?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
They fowl the window when it's on it way down if they don't have spacers Smile

Silent coat sam - I did my whole door on the XS. Literally the entire thing. Maybe a bit overkill, bit that didn't make a squeak lol

Looking great mate. It's gonna sound awesome!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
New top mounts ordered from ECP for £43 delivered. New drop links off ebay for £9 delivered. Now just waiting for Demon Tweeks to send the coilovers. Still havent replied to my emails!

Weather is still pants so havent sorted the passenger door audio yet.
Thanks given by:
Weather is still pants so no work is going on. Hopefully I will be collecting a gti6 head and gearbox at ace this month. I have my gti6 exhaust manifold and I have just ordered the gaskets needed for it.
Thanks given by:
Got the avo's yet?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 11:40 PM)sam Wrote: Got the avo's yet?

haha good one!

Quote:Dear sir

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are currently waiting for the AVO GTZ KIT PEUGEOT 306 1.4/ 1.9/ 1.8/ 1.9 D + 93> part of your order.

We have been advised by our suppliers that the normal lea time for that item is around 8 working days but due to the Christmas period it has slowed a lot of items down and once in stock the item will be dispatched out to you.

Please accept our apologies for this unexpected delay.

Please advise how you would like us to proceed with your order?

Kind Regards,

John Ellis - Customer Service Advisor
Thanks given by:
Didnt you have a massive faff with those nob wrenches about the seat mounts?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Why do you still deal with these dicks at demon thieves?
Thanks given by:
yes... i had problems with them before but they were still the cheapest and I thought Id give them a second chance... obviously I made a mistake!

Anyway today. The passenger door had its audio put in. Lots of sound deadening this time. Im not sure what happened but it took a couple of hours and it was very difficult to fit the cross overs. The window motor doesnt have its plastic cover and the window is really slow. Is there a difference in window motor setups between phases? Dont worry I did fill silent coat the gap in the top right!

[Image: IMG_20140102_160853_zpshje5z8xo.jpg]

When playing with fader and balance I noticed some of the RCAs were the wrong way round in the amp so got those sorted out. Result with the RCAs sorted and both front speakers in? Well at first I wasnt convinced as it sounded tinny but with after a quick mess around with the settings it now sounds amazing! Really happy with it and now want to get the rears amped!
Thanks given by:
Would you say that's about 4-5 sheets of sound deadening you have used there? I'm not sure whether to go for a 20 pack or 40, I will be doing the roof aswell.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Jesus, 20 will do! lol. Roof only really needs one sheet in a half of it (in-between the centre brace and ends)

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 07:11 PM)Ricky Wrote: Would you say that's about 4-5 sheets of sound deadening you have used there? I'm not sure whether to go for a 20 pack or 40, I will be doing the roof aswell.

20 pack will do it. Probably a max of 6 or 7 in each door.
Thanks given by:
New drop links just arrived! Top mounts will hopefully arrive today. Not that it matters as the coilovers may never arrive!

Red Braided brake lines and new top mount bolts ordered too!
Thanks given by:
the car is getting a bit of an overhaul!

looking good though Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 10:43 AM)mr_fish Wrote: the car is getting a bit of an overhaul!

looking good though Smile

its terrible. I think I actually have a problem. I love driving it and I love being on the forum. My whole life is procrastination on this site. And now all my money is being spent on this 10 year piece of french tin. Doh

Its a good job I dont have anything better to spend my money on!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 229,876 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 6,016 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,792 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore