SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
(21-12-2014, 01:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its a good point really....even comes with a good GTi beam (rare these days!) and a decent '6 head.  Could sell the bottom end and gearbox, ripped seat doesn't matter as he's got buckets...  It's up to Sam though, and theres not much point making his ideal car if its the wrong colour, colour makes more difference than you think tbh.

see srowell a car there for you!
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 01:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its a good point really....even comes with a good GTi beam (rare these days!) and a decent '6 head.  Could sell the bottom end and gearbox, ripped seat doesn't matter as he's got buckets...  It's up to Sam though, and theres not much point making his ideal car if its the wrong colour, colour makes more difference than you think tbh.

I couldn't see Sam in a China think it's too "pretty boy" for him lol 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I have literally no idea what that means... lol China is probably the manliest colour 306s came in, after Astor and Onyx anyway. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 02:47 PM)7057sam Wrote:

I couldn't see Sam in a China think it's too "pretty boy" for him lol 

or is he too much of a pretty boy to re shell it
Thanks given by:
its going to be reshelled but I want diablo! If im going to do it it needs to be my perfect 306.... obviously perfect would be dimma but that isnt happening so perfect within reason.

Also toms gti6 is a great example of a stock car. Its worth what it is because its original and perfect condition. I need something a little bit ropey preferably with a blown engine. Nice and cheap and not ruining a prime example of a classic!
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2014, 10:30 AM)SRowell Wrote: its going to be reshelled but I want diablo! If im going to do it it needs to be my perfect 306.... obviously perfect would be dimma but that isnt happening so perfect within reason.

Also toms gti6 is a great example of a stock car. Its worth what it is because its original and perfect condition. I need something a little bit ropey preferably with a blown engine. Nice and cheap and not ruining a prime example of a classic!

Sometimes Srowell, you may have to get what is out there, a perfect gti is up for grabs, if I had a 306 like this, I would have jumped at toms. Perfect shell for the my build, f*ck the colour. if I was picky, id have got a white or a sliver metro, for my setup to go onto.
Thanks given by:
Yes but I know there are decent diablo out there. I've been watching a few. I now haven't got a beam for the estate so evrythig is a bit on hold till then!
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 11:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yes but I know there are decent diablo out there. I've been watching a few. I now haven't got a beam for the estate so evrythig is a bit on hold till then!

what you like srowell,
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 11:30 PM)procta Wrote:
(29-12-2014, 11:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yes but I know there are decent diablo out there. I've been watching a few. I now haven't got a beam for the estate so evrythig is a bit on hold till then!

what you like srowell,

the guy had an accident in his 6 on boxing day and smashed the hub so has swapped beams and now sold the car. All spares sold with the car too :/
Gutted!
Thanks given by:
im removing a gti6 axle if any good? had recent arb bushes and seals.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2014, 08:56 PM)Stef205 Wrote: im removing a gti6 axle if any good? had recent arb bushes and seals.

Pmd
Thanks given by:
So i missed out on a diablo ph3 XS. Sold for £290 and im gutted. Watched it sell and had to stop myself buying it as my parents wouldnt let me have 3 cars on the drive. Told dad afterwards and he said I should have bought it! Looks like I cant win either way!

Anyway... new problem... windscreen is misty and cabin is filling with steam. Heater matrix was only replaced last year so its very annoying! D: Found the one i need which is the BEHR one for cars with AC.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...b58&000189

Will be having a little look around today and draining the blower motor. May start ripping the dash out over the weekend in the hope that a matrix will arrive on monday or tuesday. Very annoying as if I had got the 3 door i could have been driving that by now and have started swapping things over :'(
Thanks given by:
sods law on that one, my dad was like that with the re shell, and then he changed his tune and said make the man an offer!
Thanks given by:
Sam,

If you come across a car you want some bits off, let me know...

We've recently taken on a huge unit - and although it's the other end of the country from you (Manchester), I'd be happy to get a car in and strip the bits off it you want...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 05:12 PM)jammapic Wrote: Sam,

If you come across a car you want some bits off, let me know...

We've recently taken on a huge unit - and although it's the other end of the country from you (Manchester), I'd be happy to get a car in and strip the bits off it you want...

JP

Cheers JP. Hopefully ive got some GTI6 heads floating around this end of the country but if I need something Ill let you know. Ideally im after a diablo phase 3 shell with no lacquer peel on the shell itself. Wings, bumpers and bonnet dont matter. Just need it rolling with doors and dash.
Thanks given by:
sam stop being a girl and get that black rallye on ebay its perfect for you Smile
Thanks given by:
I thought diablos came out the factory with lacquer peel?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 08:16 PM)ash23 Wrote: sam stop being a girl and get that black rallye on ebay its perfect for you Smile

Its gone above 500 now. I may have considered it below that.

(08-01-2015, 08:33 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I thought diablos came out the factory with lacquer peel?

Yes. Thats what I want as minimal as possible! D:
Thanks given by:
srowell just buy toms
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 09:05 PM)procta Wrote: srowell just buy toms

Havent got the money for that and its the wrong colour! Stop telling me what to do!  Nospeak If anything this project is going to take a massive back burner position for at least a few months whilst I get other things in life sorted out. Having a bit of struggle trying to keep all the plates spinning.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 09:14 PM)SRowell Wrote: Having a bit of struggle trying to keep all the plates spinning.

If you ask Piggy I'm sure he'll do a time lapse video on it?
Thanks given by:
So Ive been doing lots of calculations this evening and working out what to do.

The 1.8 costs on average £439 a month doing 309 miles a week, 1236 Miles a Month and 16,068 miles a Year.

No wonder I have been living in my overdraft for the past year...
In light of this and more importantly the blown heater matrix the car is now off the road and I do not intend to use it as a daily ever again.

The plan is now to leave this project and the estate and do something else with my time and money.
Thanks given by:
Jesus titty f*cking Christ.

To do that mileage would cost be about £100. I think you should sort the hdi or buy a dt or nad and save some bloody Wonga for a while.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I am not surprised that its costing you a bomb, its got a modified 1.8 engine! Why do you think I use mine for only two days a week. something as wound up as yours wouldn't make a good daily. A second car/ toy yeah. As you can set a bit of cash for the fuel and take the mrs out or your boat out with it on the odd weekend.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 10:36 PM)Anton Wrote: Jesus titty f*cking Christ.

To do that mileage would cost be about £100. I think you should sort the hdi or buy a dt or nad and save some bloody Wonga for a while.

Ive got insurance and tax all bundled up into that cost...

Ive calculated the 1.8 uses 4062L of fuel a year... that's like 4 tonnes which if I remember correctly from Shell Tankers is about 10% of a tanker that delivers to a forecourt.

Moving on...

I have spent the last week looking at cars and Ive done all the maths a HDi does work out ridiculously cheap but also Id like something a bit more professional for work. Really hate to say that as I always told people that nobody on client site cares what car you drive... but... yeh I want something reliable that will eat up the miles and be super comfy. What I have found is a bit special and blows quite a lot of things out of the water so Im really looking forward to it.

It does require a loan but I have worked it all out and its going to cost £8.07 more than the 1.8 including insurance, tax, fuel, and the loan repayments. I feel this is pretty good. If you said... "Sam... For £8 more would you like to drive around in mild luxury, safety and comfort?" then the answer is obviously YES! 

Conveniently it is also heavy enough to tow a car transporter with a 1.8 XS on it so this project will live on and in fact may actually move a bit faster seeing as it isn't on the road! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
What's the plan then? G-Whizz?
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 11:10 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: What's the plan then? G-Whizz?

It wouldn't be fun if I told you! Might not even get it! Will have to see what its like Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Was in kind of same boat with the rallye so can definitely see where your comming from mate.

I'm literally horrific when i see how much fuel the 6 uses compared to the focus and just getting into a car and driving instead of buckets every day will be better for you.

Where would you store the 1.8? Back at your nans?

Looking forward to seeing what you get mate 

Maybe bmw 330d type of thing??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Blatantly a 106 NAD...
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 10:32 PM)SRowell Wrote: So Ive been doing lots of calculations this evening and working out what to do.

The 1.8 costs on average £439 a month doing 309 miles a week, 1236 Miles a Month and 16,068 miles a Year.

No wonder I have been living in my overdraft for the past year...

That doesn't sound at all right Sam.

Quick back of a beermat calculation based on petrol being £1.10 a litre suggests that's averaging about 14mpg!

There's no way that a 1.8 16v engine on mild cams and 'bodies should be anything like that, even driven hard.

Driven "normally" that should be doing 30-35mpg easily enough, going by experience of various 1.8/1.9/2.0 16v engines on aftermarket management.  Even enthusiastic road driving should see well over 20.  My old 306 GTi-6 on Emerald/Jenveys was actually better on fuel than a standard '6 to give you some idea.

I'd be checking very carefully what's going on - from memory T&R mapped it didn't they so I would expect the basic mapping to be OK given their reputation and from cars I've know of that they've mapped.  If the engine is actually burning that amount of fuel, you must surely be on the borderline of bore washing it - does the oil stink of fuel?

I'm not surprised that the maths for the running costs on anything else, short of a V12 (or maybe an RX-8 lol ) looks positively attractive by comparison!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 228,276 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,946 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,744 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore