SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Right so today I cracked on with the wishbones and coilovers. It was very windy with a few spells of rain.

Wisbones on and then coilovers.

This is how I first thought they should go together but checked with Niall and grant and decided they should go the other way.

[Image: IMG-20140302-WA0000_zpsbxtnzmvb.jpg]

Properly assembled... Hopefully.

[Image: IMG_20140302_160542_zps6mc9ntvz.jpg]

Coilovers on.

[Image: IMG_20140302_154000_zpsuzyodv5i.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140302_153956_zpswn4pip0l.jpg]

And with those on it was dark but still enough time to put the strut brace on!

[Image: IMG_20140302_182132_zpsqyo98pgk.jpg]

If you see I've done anything wrong please do let me know! I've put the shocks on the same way round that the old ones came off. New drop links have gone on and all the bolts are tight. Does it feel better? Well new wishbones mean there is no play whereas there was lots of play in the old ones. Coilover wise I've raised the front 20mm as CBA to get the height right and it needs to be higher as the replacement drivers wing hasn't been rolled yet. Drive wise it feels a bit more positive but it occasioanlly spears off to one side so I think I need to get the tracking done asap.
Thanks given by:
Really need to stop lurking in project threads and actually comment

Shit look on the freelander incident, but her some parking sensors Wink

It's coming on well any bwarrrrrp yet or they shiny ornaments?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Shinies are all boxed away. Just need a few more parts and then I need to organize a date. Then it'll be ready to go! At least I've solved the dangerous problem of cornering!
Thanks given by:
You haven't done up the grub screws on the spring collars and it looks like your brake hose might be twisted, otherwise it looks bang on. Check the brake hose by turning the wheel lock to lock and have a look to see if it looks like the hose is trying to curl on itself anywhere.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:48 PM)Poodle Wrote: You haven't done up the grub screws on the spring collars and it looks like your brake hose might be twisted, otherwise it looks bang on. Check the brake hose by turning the wheel lock to lock and have a look to see if it looks like the hose is trying to curl on itself anywhere.

The grub screws were done up once i had finished adjusting them! Car sits 20mm higher now which means i dont scrape any speed bumps on the road outside my London flat. Driving it from Ipswich to London tonight I definitely noticed the improvement and it handled well in the wet. The tracking is out though so I need to get that sorted. Completely shat myself when it hydroplaned!
Thanks given by:
That sounds good if you can notice the diffence and it's not set up, nice one mate!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 12:14 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: That sounds good if you can notice the diffence and it's not set up, nice one mate!

Just proves how knackered the old wishbones were tbh... lol

Looks good though Sam!
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 04:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 12:14 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: That sounds good if you can notice the diffence and it's not set up, nice one mate!

Just proves how knackered the old wishbones were tbh... lol

Looks good though Sam!

They werent exactly falling apart but the rubber in the P bushes was broken most of the way round. Drivers side had about 4mm of play in it and the bolt was very loose. So probably more the bolt than anything but good to have it replaced!

Having problems with my arches since fitting the fondmetals and rolling them. The paint keeps trying to escape!
Thanks given by:
So, how bad do they need to be before they're classed as falling apart? You scare me sometimes Sam... Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 07:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: So, how bad do they need to be before they're classed as falling apart? You scare me sometimes Sam... Confused

Yes.... so do I... so do I....
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 07:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: So, how bad do they need to be before they're classed as falling apart? You scare me sometimes Sam... Confused

I'd have said cracked/detatched rubber was classed as falling apart personally.... lol Least they're sorted now anyway!
Thanks given by:
Rofl

You'll get there mate, practice makes perfect and all that jazz. So now you're done procrastinating with suspension bits, the 1.8 is getting bodied, yes?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 06:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

You'll get there mate, practice makes perfect and all that jazz. So now you're done procrastinating with suspension bits, the 1.8 is getting bodied, yes?

yeh there eventually. I felt a lot more competent doing everything on my own this time! Big Grin So... yeh gti6 gearbox first with a lightened fly and maybe a lsd.

Then I need to drop the head off with Niall to get it skimmed as i dont have time. And then once thats done we will have epic weekend getting it all done! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So ive gone and done it again. I have just ordered a magnex gti6 decat from Demon Tweeks. It was the cheapest I could find for a new one and its a decent brand. I wonder if it will arrive this year! Ive already got a gti6 cat so not a problem if it doesnt turn up.

I have been talking to RichW to try and get some alloy engine pullies, PAS relocation bracket and a lightened fly wheel.
Must remember I need some braided fuel lines to fit the TBS too!
Thanks given by:
Jesus dude. Do you have a bottom to your pockets? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Should of got the roller bearing aswell though you got a fair few hundred of bits already lol

Haha everything I order comes next day from tweaks even get all the categories aswell.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 10:28 PM)Grant Wrote: Jesus dude. Do you have a bottom to your pockets? lol

It's easier to do this all in one go mate so best buying all the hits now so I don't have to mess with it all in the future. Unfortunately there is a bottom... Very close to it!
Thanks given by:
Hmmm I thought you had the top mount bearings right the first time?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 08:30 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Hmmm I thought you had the top mount bearings right the first time?

Nope, they are definitely upside down in the first shot....hope you haven't fitted any that way lol.
Thanks given by:
My new ones came that way and I THINK thats how mine are in. Surely the side with the lip should fit up in the groove?
Thanks given by:
The way they come in the box is upside down, it saves on packaging.

The outer race of the bearing should be held solid in the rubber mount, while the smaller inner race turns with the spring. So if you look again, upside down the larger bit (outer race) is being held in the mount AND wanting to turn with the spring. It will still turn, but it'll wear the mount pretty badly and probably feel a bit heavier in the steering.
Thanks given by:
Yep definitely upside down in the first shot. If it was the other way then they wouldnt be able to turn and would be pointless. As Tom says its to save packaging in the box! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Crap! Coilovers out again I guess. Back on topic those arensome nice shiny Coilovers
Thanks given by:
Right! This weekend I went up to liverpool and I got in touch with the guy I got the throttlebodies and omex off. He still had the PAS relocation bracket so I snapped that up for £40! Bargain! He also through in two bottles of genuine pug brake fluid and a red bull for the journey home!

[Image: IMG_20140309_220358_zpsnfcwu46y.jpg]

Whilst I was also there.... there were many more shinies.... and unfortunately I had just been paid...

I always wanted a wheel so I can be race car so a Genuine OMP Corsica wheel and boss later I was very happy. Fitted it for me as well because he was such a legend.

[Image: IMG_20140309_175344_zpswk0mezgp.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20140309-WA0008_zpsj9jmdiua.jpg]

Then... My bucket seats had a few holes in them and they didnt match... so I threw all common sense out of the window and bought his pair of Cobra Monaco Pros. They have been sat in 5 times since new and retail at around £200 each! I paid £200 the pair and also got the 3 door subframes for £60 just in case this project goes tits up and I end up getting a 6!

[Image: IMG_20140309_212658_zpsma2e9z24.jpg]

Unfortunately I had to turn down the custom made Pro 1.2s with sticky tyres! haha

Story here is that he was building a track gti6 and realised he was ploughing too much money into it so he is now breaking and has a brand new 208GTI. It was the first 208GTI to hit the tuners so he got all the parts for free in return for companies using his car for development and testing! So it looks like this! Upgraded FMIC, filters, miltek exhaust

[Image: IMG_20140309_173045_zps5gcuoqli.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140309_173059_zpsku9tbosx.jpg]

Being a top lad he took me for a spin and bloody hell its quick. 200hp standard and more than that now with the aprts! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
think i remember reading about that car, proper mental
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
that 208 actually looks lush! Jealous of the wheel, always loved the idea of a becauseracecar wheel Smile
Thanks given by:
I guess your doing well at your new job lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 10:33 PM)Matt Wrote: think i remember reading about that car, proper mental

He was only ever on gti6oc and doesnt like to be on any forums now. Works for pug and knows his stuff!

(09-03-2014, 10:33 PM)mcglynn Wrote: that 208 actually looks lush! Jealous of the wheel, always loved the idea of a becauseracecar wheel Smile

I wanted one and it was cheaper than new and has only done a few miles!

(09-03-2014, 10:50 PM)Tom Wrote: I guess your doing well at your new job lol!

Yeh I just got paid... but yeh pretty much blown this months fun money already! 21 single and only boats and cars to spend my money on. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Wheel and other bits look great very jealous

Has the suede on the wheel started to rub off on your hands yet lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 12:50 AM)7057sam Wrote: Wheel and other bits look great very jealous

Has the suede on the wheel started to rub off on your hands yet lol

I kept looking but it hasnt started yet!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 227,423 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,924 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,635 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore