SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate
Right update on this! Now that I have the Saab the plans for this have changed. As cheap as it would have been and even though much of the work had been done the deal on my £40 rear beam fell through. I could have bought another but I am tired of putting time and money into this so with slight regret it will be broken and scrapped.

The following will be removed and used on the track project...
Front Bumper
Slam Panel
NS Wing
Seam welded subframe
Brand new Meyle HD wishbones

Other parts will be sold so expect a breaking thread soon.
Thanks given by:
that's a shame srowell, but when you reach the point where enough is enough, its got to go. bit of an idea, can you not keep the running gear from this? and put it into the 5 door when you reshell that? that way you can sell the old shell on as a Hdi,
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 09:01 PM)procta Wrote: that's a shame srowell, but when you reach the point where enough is enough, its got to go. bit of an idea, can you not keep the running gear from this? and put it into the 5 door when you reshell that? that way you can sell the old shell on as a Hdi,

Its a thought but I dont have enough time. Fairly sure nobody would buy a hdi that used to be a 1.8. Maybe Toms306 would enjoy a project though haha.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 09:06 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 09:01 PM)procta Wrote: that's a shame srowell, but when you reach the point where enough is enough, its got to go. bit of an idea, can you not keep the running gear from this? and put it into the 5 door when you reshell that? that way you can sell the old shell on as a Hdi,

Its a thought but I dont have enough time. Fairly sure nobody would buy a hdi that used to be a 1.8. Maybe Toms306 would enjoy a project though haha.

you maybe surprised, a few cars on here that used to be a gti now powered by a derv lump, could be a good one for tom, reshelling a stage one HDi, 
if me and my dad can swop over running gears with in a day srowell, surely you could do this conversion. in fact it might be easier, with the 306. 
Thanks given by:
Shame tbh, i might have considered doing you a deal on the whole thing. Wink

In fact, how about that? I'll swap you one broken 306 estate for a nicer colour broken 306 estate? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 09:40 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Shame tbh, i might have considered doing you a deal on the whole thing. Wink

In fact, how about that? I'll swap you one broken 306 estate for a nicer colour broken 306 estate? lol

No... because essentially id be swapping the entire car just for your headlights Wink
Its honestly worth more to me for the good bits off it guys. Already had enough of Niall and grant offering 50p for it..
Thanks given by:
Dude, I'd be keeping the headlights! Got the crystals in the garage! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dibs on number plate light units ThumbsUp
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 09:49 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 09:40 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Shame tbh, i might have considered doing you a deal on the whole thing. Wink

No... because essentially id be swapping the entire car just for your headlights Wink
Its honestly worth more to me for the good bits off it guys. Already had enough of Niall and grant offering 50p for it..

f*ck off we offered £150 which i think is fair for a car with bits missing and no mot nor will it legally pass an mot!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 09:49 PM)SRowell Wrote:

f*ck off we offered £150 which i think is fair for a car with bits missing and no mot nor will it legally pass an mot!

Yes but once youve sold the front bumper, scrapped it and sold the seats youre at that number already. Its worth more in parts. Stop trying to convince me its a good offer. It is... but its not the best way to make money.
Thanks given by:
Oh my bad. Just given him a warning for not selling me the estate and accidentally banned him lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 10:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Oh my bad. Just given him a warning for not selling me the estate and accidentally banned him lol

niall your dangerous lol
Thanks given by:
Im still here! D:
Thanks given by:
Yeah because i unbanned you. Thought you may have a bit of a fit if i left you banned. Although the thought did cross my mind lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 09:14 PM)procta Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 09:06 PM)SRowell Wrote:

you maybe surprised, a few cars on here that used to be a gti now powered by a derv lump, could be a good one for tom, reshelling a stage one HDi, 
if me and my dad can swop over running gears with in a day srowell, surely you could do this conversion. in fact it might be easier, with the 306. 

Sams 1.8  shell isn't in the best condition tbh, lots of laquer peel etc so it wouldn't be worth using for a reshell.  Though I may have the engine off him if I can find another DTurbo spec with a snapped cambelt. lol
Thanks given by:
What? There is no lacquer peel on it at all Tom! Is blindness a problem for you now? Wink It has a bit of peel the size of a penny on the roof which I have relacquered!
Thanks given by:
Oh is that all? Sure there was a larger bit after some jetwashing? Confused
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2015, 04:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh is that all?  Sure there was a larger bit after some jetwashing? Confused

Rear bumper which has been replaced with a mint one now!
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2015, 10:16 AM)Eeyore Wrote: What? There is no lacquer peel on it at all Tom! Is blindness a problem for you now? Wink It has a bit of peel the size of a penny on the roof which I have relacquered!

I can personalise vouch for the lacquer peel as i remember you telling me not to direct the pressure washer at it again lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Neighbours have complained about this sitting around so it has been promised that it will be gone by the end of the month. Not much left on it worth saving now but it is valuable storage space. Need to work out a way to move it out of a car port with no beam and subframe!
Thanks given by:
4 castors on a wooden frame made of 2" x 4". I've got one and it's fine for pushing stripped cars about on, just gotta get the balance point right.
Thanks given by:
Empty shells are light enough to move anyway...
Thanks given by:
Trolley jacks.. But be bloody careful lol
Thanks given by: thododd
Honestly, 2 people can drag an estate shell no problem. Or just rope it to another car and tow it. I've done both... lol
Thanks given by:
If you pay my fuel I'll come up and chop it into little bits after FCS
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2015, 01:34 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you pay my fuel I'll come up and chop it into little bits after FCS

Pop down to costco/makro and pickup a few litres of veg. Tongue
Thanks given by:
End of an era... its gone!

[Image: IMG_20150614_110645_zpsz3nl9guy.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150614_113519_zps0r0tbnc2.jpg]

Salvaged lots of bits from it and I know Bash is getting a few bits out of it. His gran I think is getting the engine in her 206.
Thanks given by:
Cant believe you didn't take the tow bar off to sell
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2015, 06:04 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cant believe you didn't take the tow bar off to sell

He didn't have to take it off. Im having it Wink

Also yeah this is for my grandmas car. Engines going in hers then the book that picked it up for me is loading it with scrap and taking it to scrappy for me. Its a shame really.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Definitely got your moneys worth from it Sam, I remember when you bought it 3 years ago! Helped me out of a tight spot back then as well. Smile Bye raceestate...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvery Stage 2+ Estate RA306 21 6,119 15-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: RA306
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 37,444 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 23,090 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore