Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Me too, especially as Gav gave me the engine on the premise that it was a good working one. Will be absolutely furious if it turns out to be the HG.

Will try bleeding again and check the 'stat.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just spoke to Gav, he's confident the HG is fine. Will try bleeding again tomorrow.

The good news though is that the engine fires over without priming the bulb now I have diesel in the tank, win. Glow plug relay has stopped making weird noises too, guess because the battery got a full charge lol
Thanks given by:
I do hope you get to the bottom of this mate! mine never gets warm either so I wouldn't worry about that, the pressurizing is more the problem, and yeah I'm pretty sure the oil pressure sensor is the one above the oil filter Smile I have a few at home if you want one sticking in the post Smile I would come and give you a hand but your a bit far away and I have enough problems of my own to sort in the next few weeks! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Sounds very head gasketty to me....

Do the heaters go red hot even though the radiator is cold, or does the rad get red hot and the heaters worryingly cold?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Didn't run it long enough Ruan, oil pressure and stop light worried me so turned it off.

Going to have another bash at bleeding again tonight. Have a feeling it's badly airlocked after the rear pipe split and was replaced, bled it lazily after that. Engine fires up fine and no condensation out the back, if coolant was pressurised it should be flooding the cylinders after being turned off but it's not.

Btw where are the bleed points? Found on on matrix, top of rad, lower t shaped hose but that's it, is there one on stat housing?
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Didn't run it long enough Ruan, oil pressure and stop light worried me so turned it off.

Going to have another bash at bleeding again tonight. Have a feeling it's badly airlocked after the rear pipe split and was replaced, bled it lazily after that. Engine fires up fine and no condensation out the back, if coolant was pressurised it should be flooding the cylinders after being turned off but it's not.

Btw where are the bleed points? Found on on matrix, top of rad, lower t shaped hose but that's it, is there one on stat housing?

They are the only ones on mine,
I'd run the engine for 10mins or so because the oil pressure will drop a fair bit once it's heated up and the oil isn't so viscous.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't necessarily have to flood the cylinders...

The head gasket on my car is beyond repair, it's absolutely shagged, orange engine bay and everything, bubbling and spurting coolant on idle - but it doesn't flood the cylinders once turned off even now...

Bleed points are on the line from behind the fuel filter/thermostat housing, should be next to the fuel filter. The other is on the heater matrix.

Bleed by opening the top one first, give yourself an orange 'tash and make sure that one has water spurting out, then open the other one and run up the engine, should splutter a bit of water, then go to a steady piss of it... Close it, leave it run until the radiator starts getting warm, keep topping up the coolant as it gets all the tiny bits of it out, especially when the thermostat opens, there's usually a big gurgle and it'll eat a load, then it's pretty much all done.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
How long were you running the engine for with no coolant in?
Thanks given by:
Ruan, your engine bay looks like mine currently does I'm guessing then??

[Image: IMAG0033.jpg]

lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Dan, ran it for maybe a minute or two, didn't have enough derv as the tank was bone dry, got it
Fired and adjusted timing then switched off
Thanks given by:
Jesus christ, Mark!!!

That's actually worse than mine, good work!!!!
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Jesus christ, Mark!!!

That's actually worse than mine, good work!!!!

Pretty epic isn't it! lmao I'm not sure but I think I might have HG issues ATM..........Hmm
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I'd NEVER have guessed!!!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Dan, ran it for maybe a minute or two, didn't have enough derv as the tank was bone dry, got it
Fired and adjusted timing then switched off

Id be worried about running an xud with no coolant in for more than 20 seconds tbh, maybe thats just me being sceptical but I know they really dont like running with no water.....
Thanks given by:
The head would have been steaming by that point - over about 40 seconds, they get VERY hot.
Thanks given by:
...f*ck.

There was steam/smoke coming from the engine but assume that was all the spilled diesel from bleeding, was pretty much covered in it.

If it's hg I won't be making FCS. no ifs, no buts, no money. Game over.
Thanks given by:
hg only takes couple hours to take apart and put back, plus time to get head checked / done...you can still do it Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
FFS, how much is a flight up to Scotland gonna cost me?
Thanks given by:
Bugger, cheapest with Easyjet is £100 return Sad
Thanks given by:
shame to hear about HG man but il look out for some xud engines in scrapys if im about them. had look on ebay hg sets are about 30-60 depending on set you get some with bolts i can come round give you a hand if you want. i can show you new car i got traded merc in for lol Smile
Thanks given by:
If it's definitely HG I can probably batter in and fix it but it's all money, this month was always going to be tight what with MOT, tax and insurance needed, factor in parts for HG and i'll literally have to sell stuff to get through the month.

Haven't had the heart to go out and bleed it tonight so another day of pondering ahead. Someone go confirm the damage for me?
Thanks given by:
Two weeks to French car show, no MOT and i'm getting the paint out.

This is going to be Top Gear-esque race to the finish line and is going to be either mighty or terrible...
Thanks given by:
Good luck mucka....! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hows the engine fairing mate?
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Two weeks to French car show, no MOT and i'm getting the paint out.

This is going to be Top Gear-esque race to the finish line and is going to be either mighty or terrible...

lol Good luck mate, I currently have most of my engine bay out and plan on having the engine out by bedtime tonight if I can..........so I guess its going to be pot luck if one or either of us make it at this rate, we can have a convoy of success though if we are both there Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Paint....... You mad?! Recipe for disaster this close?!

An mark.... MTFU and get it done! I'm doing mine tomorrow lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It's either paint or turn up with a roof covered in primer and filler. I'll take my chances. Going to use proper BC/CC though and get plenty of clear so I can get the machine polisher on it.

Engine is being looked at again tomorrow. Think I know the problem though. Heater matrix pipes are kinked so I have more hose to re-route them, the XUD9 has a port on the back of the head for coolant, the XU10 doesn't, it has two separate pipes for the matrix. Think by blocking the matrix pipe the head hasn't been getting coolant and the blockage pressurised it. Might just be me being hopeful but I don't think the HG has gone.

Decided i'm going to concentrate on getting it running tomorrow. As long as it runs, bodywork takes a back seat. Roof will be painted like so:

[Image: roof2.jpg]

[Image: roof1.jpg]

Might upset a couple if you but me and vinyl don't get on, and the original paint is buggered. Roof's all smoothed off though with a Buick style shark fin aerial at the rear of the car, hopefully be nice and tidy by the time it's done. Hopefully.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh fair enough, genuinely thought you were going a diff colour haha. Roof looks sweet like that Big Grin like very much!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Something different, saw a white Signum with gloss black top half and it looked mean, tried it with vinyl today and it ended badly so just going to paint it seen as the weather's nice and mild.
Thanks given by:
I think that looks great....! Really fresh and different. It will be a Marmite thing no doubt, but.... Me likey! :grin:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,765 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707