Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Matt Wrote:I know they do a panel with just the two rectangle switches at the top could get that? There was one in a pov spec estate today

Yeah do it! Would be handy cheers buddy.

Dan STFU lady garden. I'm uploading pics.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll see what I can do Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Right, for the impatient of you (Dan..) here's more stuff.

Plenty done today, realised I only have five days off between now and the end of the month (read: pay day) when I can get the car MOT'd, so battered in with stuff.

Firstly, set to work rebuilding the rear. Discs were cleaned up with some wet and dry and new pads fitted. Also stripped and rebuilt calipers with fresh grease as one side had seized solid! No pics as it's pretty boring but beam's rebuilt now, with working handbrake an' all! Still need to adjust the ride height though, hard to judge as the drive's uneven flagstones but i'm going to end up with the front sill 3" high and the rear 3.5", so the back needs to come down another inch or so.

Also pulled and rolled the rear arches to make them a bit less, well, illegal. They've been pulled out about 2" but only JUST look acceptable! Need paint but going to have to wait for better weather for that.

I've also decided to look for wider rubber for the rear. Not over safety concerns or anything, Falken have told me directly they'd have no fears over them, but given Dan's recent run in with the law I really don't need the hassle, especially as my work involves driving and a clean license is a must. Thinking 215's but not sure yet.

[Image: DSCF1915copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1917copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1943copy.jpg]

So that's the back sorted bar more lows and mounting the exhaust properly. Half way there.

Went to work on the engine bay too. Piped up the inlet, a few licks of paint, and plumbed in the boost compensator. Interesting idea from Gav was to use a tyre valve with the core removed. Drilled a 13mm hole and beveled the boost pipe to create a good seal and pulled the valve through, fits perfectly. My thinking is that if it can handle 40psi+ in a tyre it should be ok with 25psi of boost. I'm preparing to eat my words though lol

[Image: DSCF1924copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1926copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1927copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1925copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1923copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1920copy.jpg]

After the pics were taken I set about clamping everything down, literally all the engine needs now is fluids. Brakes need the MC fitting and exhaust needs mounting and sealing. But aye, nearly there.

Last few pics building up the exterior. Nearly done and i'm getting a bit giddy to be honest...

[Image: DSCF1928copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1929copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1937copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1938copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1939copy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Phew, I can sleep now Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks good buddy Smile
Thanks given by:
looking good! bet you're itching to get her on the road!

one thing, whats up with the driver's door? sitting a bit high?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:I don't know if anyone did, might have to make one out of a full panel and fibreglass it or summink

Very early povo ph1s had a blank pannel (well it had a small pocket in) but there was no switches od switch blanks.
Thanks given by:
just a heads up mate, that oil breather will just piss oil into your engine bay, would be a massive shame to see all that shiny-ness to get caked in oil residue Sad
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Fapp fapp....! :grin:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know ginge, going to pick up some hose to vent it under the car. Petrol engines run so much cleaner, never had any issues on the gti6 with it lol

Looking at changing the rear tyres for some 215/40's but they're 65 quid each. Anyone want to buy two falken 912's in 195/40R16 for £110 delivered? Only been mounted, still have the rubber nib things to show no wear?
Thanks given by:
if they were 195/45/16 I would have had them Sad

I would also run the breather from the rocker cover into a catch tank TBH mate!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Catch tank means you can add a bit more bling under the bonnet too Smile

Looks dead smart, one of the neatest FMIC setups I've seen on a 306 I have to say.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Catch tank is a possibility bit not sure where to mount it. Possibly behind the battery tray as there's a bit of space there but then it's out of sight lol
Thanks given by:
On the left of the battery, or the front, or the relay box. Unless you still have stuff to go in that is. N/S suspension turret?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Catch tank is a possibility bit not sure where to mount it. Possibly behind the battery tray as there's a bit of space there but then it's out of sight lol

Relocate battery to boot Smile tidies the engine bay up, too...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
i keep reading this topic again and again. a really nice job, very inspiring Smile
Thanks given by:
looking neat!
Thanks given by:
That's very nice under bonnet fella, hope it stays that tidy for you Smile

I likey Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
neilz85 Wrote:i keep reading this topic again and again. a really nice job, very inspiring Smile

same! cannt wait to see this int he flesh!
Thanks given by:
Looks epic that does Smile Needs more camber at the front I reckon though Wink My nova lowered 60mm had more camber but thats cus the struts were a shit design, ate tyres like mad though
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Do you mind sharing what pipeworks going from turbo to the passenger side of the FMIC piping? Also 2.25"?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
silverzx Wrote:Do you mind sharing what pipeworks going from turbo to the passenger side of the FMIC piping? Also 2.25"?

Yeah no worries.

2x90 degree bends to get way from the turbo, 90degree 2" to 2.25" behind battery, 2.25" 90 degree over gear box, 2.25" 90 degree at bottom of gear box, then 90 degree in arch next to horn and finally 90 degree alloy to fmic. Make sense?

Skoob it can take much more camber, only running 2deg on the road then will max out the camber at shows, only takes 5mins to change it. I have that loom ready for you btw forgot to pm you last night
Thanks given by:
Wow, nearly 20 pages in and the car's just about roadworthy! All it needs now is fluids, fuel, tax, MOT and insurance. And hope there's no boost leaks etc.

It needs new injectors though, the Lucas ones were always a compromise but they're leaking at the base of a couple. To be honest I might even pay over the odds for a set from eBay as I desperately need them. Then it's time to break some virginities ninja

Spent the day cleaning the motor today, decided i'm getting the roof vinyl wrapped as it's a mess and would at least need repainting. Even a heavy cut wouldn't remove the discolouration so thinking of a novel way to wrap it, gloss black is the obvious one but a nice print could be interesting...

[Image: DSCF1963copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1967copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1969copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1970copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1972copy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so much love for this! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Getting there bud.

How come the door rub-strips don't line up on the drivers side?
Thanks given by:
This car is totally Faptastic Big Grin Really well done mate, hats off to you for a bloody good build!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:2x90 degree bends to get way from the turbo, 90degree 2" to 2.25" behind battery, 2.25" 90 degree over gear box, 2.25" 90 degree at bottom of gear box, then 90 degree in arch next to horn and finally 90 degree alloy to fmic. Make sense?

Thanks mate, never hurts to learn new routes. 8-)

On a side note, you went behind the inlet manifold and not through it (if that makes sense)? You've also got your air filter piping going a similar route by looks of things.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
i still need to sort that other arch mind. can come down next week at some point
Thanks given by:
Sunday Xav? Working mon to thurs next week.

C.a.r. The whole door needs aligning, going to move the catch and hope that fixes it.

Just been quoted £45 for Bosch injectors. Might have to pay it...
Thanks given by:
Needs to be lower!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,826 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707