Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
No photos? You let down.
Thanks given by:
I have photos. It's just a manky old XUD though so why the feck would you want to see that?

I think a trip to the scrappies is needed. Need a top mount, couple of hoses, Bosch injectors, other bits and bats. Hopefully not long til it's plumbed in though!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:I have photos. It's just a manky old XUD though so why the feck would you want to see that?

I think a trip to the scrappies is needed.
Scrapping the engine already? Did you come to your senses and realise this needs a boosted 6 lump? ninja
Thanks given by:
Iv got a top mount and a few air intake hoses going spare, although at the dirt cheap prices your scrappy charges its probably not worth buying off me? lol
Thanks given by:
You mean at your rip off prices? lmao Need to send you my spare LDA btw
Thanks given by:
pressure wash the fecker, then piiiiiiiiiiics! Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
No pressure washer to hand unfortunately. Looking at picking up an engine crane today from HSS, only £40 for the weekend. Going to have to clean and paint it quick sharp then mount it. Thought the top engine mounts were the same between the XUD9 and XU10 but the arm is different so need a trip to a scrappy to get hold of one, there isn't one on the engine.

It's come complete with Lucas still attached, i'm in two minds whether to run it with the Lucas while I get the Bosch bits I need or just fire the Bosch on and trip to the scrappies tomorrow, all I need is injectors and there's a semi-ECU 406 in the scrappy near me that i've already stolen the LDA off.

I've got gaskets etc already, need some sealant to do the water distribution block round back of the engine, and I need a fair few jubilees. It's pretty complete though so hopefully should be not much longer to go! Payday next Thursday too so can get the last few bits done - new brake lines and bias valve all round, FMIC pipes, air filter, aux belt...

Nearly there ninja

By the way, never really looked into it, but on a T2 and Gov'd/LDA'd Bosch with FMIC what can I realistically hope for from the car?
Thanks given by:
I'd be going anywhere between 130-150bhp depending on how it's tuned mate and probably between 200 and 240 lb/ft
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you're just missing the injectors - i'd suggest getting the bosch on, run the lucas injectors, then once you've got the bosch injectors, swap them over, bleed it through etc.

job done!

good progress though!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:if you're just missing the injectors - i'd suggest getting the bosch on, run the lucas injectors, then once you've got the bosch injectors, swap them over, bleed it through etc.

job done!

good progress though!!

From what I hear it'll run like shit if done that way.
Thanks given by:
It'l run good enough for now with lucas injectors. Just don't expect as much power.
Thanks given by:
Didn't think i would like the bonnet vent but it suits it down to a T', keep up the good work it looks great Smile
Thanks given by:
Just picked up the crane, going to go get some Gunk from Halfrauds soon to clean it up. Quick lick of paint and job done.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:It'l run good enough for now with lucas injectors. Just don't expect as much power.

As he said ^^^^

Won't run like a tuned engine obviously, but it's less hassle than removing an entire pump once in the car.

I know id prefer changing a few injectors rather than an entire pump.
Thanks given by:
Good shout, best get watching some of Darren's videos!
Thanks given by:
IT'S IN!!!

...sort of. Well two of the three mounts are done, still need to get the top mount sorted. Scrappies tomorrow. Good news though is the coilies aren't as stiff as I thought so I can use 3" helpers to get the arches sat just on the tyres. But that's another story.

Will be posting up tonight with a load of pics asking what goes where, as i've never seen either a Lucas or Bosch on a running car it's taking a bit of educated guesswork, seems to be loads of run offs from the pump and not enough pipes? Also the vacuum pipe to the servo is needed as the GTI6 one is completely different.

f*ck me though, how much space is there in the engine bays of these?! Moving the ABS pump and washer bottle have cleared up more but my god, can park a bus in there compared to the GTI bay!
Thanks given by:
Good work fella!! What's the estimated on road time?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will be completed in the next few weeks. Payday Thursday so another cash injection for IC pipes, brake lines, fluids, injectors.. and that's pretty much it as long as the pump/engine/turbo aren't fubar'd.
Thanks given by:
Bloody loving the estate action going on here! This and the Estateofmind look sweet as. Anyone know where that car is now?

Also glad to hear nice things about the z912's, just put a set on. Booked to have them balanced tomoz. <<< p.s. Get those primewells off your car, you know who you are!
Thanks given by:
Right, dinner? Done.

Here's a wee photo journey through this weekend so far. It all started with a jaunt down to Girvan to a caravan site to pick up the engine. With images of the film Snatch in the back of our minds, Xav and I set sail for the estate's previous home to pick up its organs that were lying round back of a trailer. Upon arrival, we were greeted by no sign of Gav or his car, instead his Uncle appearing to ask "can I help you, lads?". To be fair we were just two random guys turning up at a caravan site looking at an engine and Xav's a poor person so I can understand him thinking we were on a scrap metal scavenge but no, we were waiting for "Gavin" as he was affectionately called. The wee boy with him said he'd be in "after 5" which, given that it was 5.40, was a bit of a Captain Obvious moment. So thank you, Captain Obvious.

Here's the pikey loading up the lump into the back of the little trooper that is the Quiksilver. And Xav looking strangely shocked and impressed at me waving my 12" willy about off camera.

[Image: DSCF1781.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1782.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1783.jpg]

And the lump loaded into the back of the Quiky. Ironic thing is the lump in the back is more powerful than the lump in the front lmao

[Image: DSCF1785.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1787.jpg]

NB the engine shall now be referred to as the Reggae Reggae Box (or doubleRB for short)

[Image: DSCF1786.jpg]

Then back up the road last night by about 9pm, cheeky beer and a sleep ready for today.

So. Today. The day started with a journey to HSS to hire a doubleRB crane as we realised there was no chance we were getting it out ourselves. £40 until Monday seemed reasonable but meant we had to get cracking on with the manifolds, coolant hoses and oil lines so we could get the engine mounted and send the crane back. Started painting things too but the god damn rain started and RUINED it. Argh. Still, the camera made a brief appearance again.

[Image: DSCF1792.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1793.jpg]

Bit of a fail here, due to the crap design of my driveway and my lack of foresight to get a big sheet of ply, the crane sank into the grass. So we dropped the engine, swung the crane round, lifted the engine and rolled the car underneath it instead lmao

Bit of faffing around later and it's starting to look more complete. Gave it a once over with a wire brush and a drill and it's looking a bit better, paint's taking a back seat for now until the weather clears up.

[Image: DSCF1794.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1795.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1796.jpg]

Few lessons learned from today.

1. Lucas pulleys are made of cheese and this happens when someone over-torques it and you try and tap it off.

[Image: DSCF1799.jpg]

2. Paris Hilton perfume bottles are apparently great for blocking unused coolant hoses. Thanks Gav.

[Image: DSCF1800.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what a c*nt of a weekend its been so far. its pished down pretty much since friday morning, the lumps only half in, my heads got a nice big red mark thanks to the crane loading and that engine in the boot gave my diseased wee car a bad back

oh well, onward and upward
Thanks given by:
S'ok, i'll tow you when the car's running. Just get towed by me into FCS but REALLY close to my rear bumper, will look like you made it there all by yourself!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha a la top gear
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's in properly! Managed to pick up a mount from the scrappies for a fiver so all solid now. Found a Xsara that blatantly had a Bosch too but someone had ripped EVERYTHING off it a few days before, bastards.

Teeny tiny update though, got my inlet manifold and boot badge today and fitted them as soon as I got them, cheers custom-decals!

[Image: IMG_0420-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0422.jpg]

And some bits to refit tomorrow. Plasma dials with phase 3 needles painted red

[Image: IMG_0424.jpg]

And my compbrake style quickshifter to go with my GE quickshift and Miles' Group N linkages. Ooh shiny shiny.

[Image: IMG_0425.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha that inlet badge is HILLARIOUS!!!

great work all round though mate, keep it up!!
Thanks given by:
Veeeery nice work there fella! Top job on getting that engine in :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Quick question though, how do people route the inlet piping when using a Xantia/Berlingo/406 mani? I need it down behind the N/S head light, 180 degree bend off the turbo and along the back of the engine?
Thanks given by:
My friend just used standard piping. Doesnt fit as neat/snug bit you can get it in there! Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't have any standard piping and it's not shiny. f*ck's sake Dan, you should know my ethos by now..
Thanks given by:
If it's not shiny, doesn't make it lower or doesn't have a funny sticker then you're right not to let it on here.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,825 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707