SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate
Yeah that is pricey!! So those shiney wheels guna go on this then and get some decent track wheels for the gti1.8?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh I know. Its the second I've bought. They're super easy to fit and I haven't seen another of the same style. Don't need to tap anything and also I've already got the hole drilled for it so needed a like for like replacement.
Thanks given by:
Take off and 5mm ID hose arrived! 5mm ID may have been a bit on the large size but itll do the job! Cant wait to get it fixed up as I love this picture!

[Image: 1379040_10200458232485094_787216214_n_zpsfa879781.jpg]

Also I have located a gti6 rear beam just up the road from me so should have that soon!

Shopping list currently stands at:

GTI6 Beam - £40
Brake lines, - ?
Rear Pads and Discs - £30
Drivers Side Wing - £30
Wishbones - £140
Uniroyal Rainsport 2 - £60
Thanks given by:
2 diablos in my local scrap yard (birmingham) if your ever this way
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 10:22 PM)td_dan Wrote: 2 diablos in my local scrap yard (birmingham) if your ever this way

Not coming to the christmas meet are you?
Thanks given by:
Afraid not
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Wow that estate looks amazing
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 10:43 PM)LewisG Wrote: Wow that estate looks amazing

Not more recently it doesnt :/ But I am hoping to get it back to the state it was in for that photo. I keep forgetting its still got the PS2 and flip screen installed! Will have to get that all working again!

No buckets this time round but will have a mint condition meridian half leather leaf pattern interior so should be mint!
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 10:45 PM)SRowell Wrote:

Not more recently it doesnt :/ But I am hoping to get it back to the state it was in for that photo. I keep forgetting its still got the PS2 and flip screen installed! Will have to get that all working again!

No buckets this time round but will have a mint condition meridian half leather leaf pattern interior so should be mint!

The one I was supposed to buy? You need to get this estate sorted
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 10:51 PM)LewisG Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 10:45 PM)SRowell Wrote:

er? I had 3 sets of half leathers. One sold to bashbarnard last night, one set is ripped and the other is going in this. Problem?
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 11:07 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 10:51 PM)LewisG Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 10:45 PM)SRowell Wrote: Not more recently it doesnt :/ But I am hoping to get it back to the state it was in for that photo. I keep forgetting its still got the PS2 and flip screen installed! Will have to get that all working again!

er? I had 3 sets of half leathers. One sold to bashbarnard last night, one set is ripped and the other is going in this. Problem?

No this was from ages ago you donut, I got someone to come view them but it didnt work out very well lol
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 11:09 PM)LewisG Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 11:07 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 10:51 PM)LewisG Wrote: The one I was supposed to buy? You need to get this estate sorted

No this was from ages ago you donut, I got someone to come view them but it didnt work out very well lol

yeh that was just weird. I can assure you they were mint! Youll be able to see them in my car now anyway haha.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 11:21 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 11:09 PM)LewisG Wrote:
(02-12-2014, 11:07 PM)SRowell Wrote: er? I had 3 sets of half leathers. One sold to bashbarnard last night, one set is ripped and the other is going in this. Problem?

yeh that was just weird. I can assure you they were mint! Youll be able to see them in my car now anyway haha.
I know I wish I came myself, still atleast there going into the estate
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you getting this back on the road,it was such a awesome car.I still have your head unit if you ever need it back.

Are you going to go stage 2 ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 06:26 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice to see you getting this back on the road,it was such a awesome car.I still have your head unit if you ever need it back.

Ive got the intercooler and map so eventually itll get there but for now its just getting it on the road...

Ive earnt 1200 Shell Points since the end of September. 1 litre = 1 point so thats 1200 litres x £1.25 = £1500 over 2.5 months. So its a fuel bill of about £600 a month D: 

Not sure if that is right or not but anyway... I need this to get my costs down! Cant wait to have it on the road again. A lovely standard interior, turbo, quiet, and most importantly a bit of smoke!

Work is starting right now. Im taking the battery off charge and taking it over. Will be plumbing the boost gauge back in and reattaching the inlet manifold. Put some air in the tyres and hopefully it will start and move about! Then itll need a wash. Ill be ordering all the new parts in the next couple of days and hopefully getting the beam delivered in the next week or so

Hopefully tom will be able to come over next weekend and we can attempt at getting it all sorted!
Thanks given by:
I think you've got that fuel bill wrong tbh mate. If not you've got a leak somewhere!

Also where are you paying 125ppl for petrol? I pay less for diesel atm lol!

Assuming the 125ppl is right, and guessing you average 25mpg (can't be less than that surely!?) you'd have to have done 6700 miles in 2.5 months! Confused
Thanks given by:
I don't know how its worked out lol Ive done about 500 miles a week for the past few months but yeh thst doesn't exactly work out does it.
Thanks given by:
Since buying the Focus end of September I've 'only' used £250 of fuel lol. Tongue Just under 3000 miles though.

Are you using V Power? Might be 2 points per litre for that?
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 05:03 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(07-12-2014, 06:26 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice to see you getting this back on the road,it was such a awesome car.I still have your head unit if you ever need it back.

Ive got the intercooler and map so eventually itll get there but for now its just getting it on the road...

Ive earnt 1200 Shell Points since the end of September. 1 litre = 1 point so thats 1200 litres x £1.25 = £1500 over 2.5 months. So its a fuel bill of about £600 a month D: 

Not sure if that is right or not but anyway... I need this to get my costs down! Cant wait to have it on the road again. A lovely standard interior, turbo, quiet, and most importantly a bit of smoke!

Work is starting right now. Im taking the battery off charge and taking it over. Will be plumbing the boost gauge back in and reattaching the inlet manifold. Put some air in the tyres and hopefully it will start and move about! Then itll need a wash. Ill be ordering all the new parts in the next couple of days and hopefully getting the beam delivered in the next week or so

Hopefully tom will be able to come over next weekend and we can attempt at getting it all sorted!
Yeah but you get the lego cars quick. Wink
Also would love to see another local(ish) estate banging about. If you need a hand just give me a bit of notice and ive got the workshop at my disposal if need be. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Might need some tyres fitting at some point buddy! Might save me a bit if you can do that. Could press in that lower engine mount for me at the same time. Ill just get everything together and head over at some point! cheers

The 1.8 only runs standard octane as the ECU cant adapt for different octanes.
Thanks given by:
So tonight was the night. Grabbed the light and extension cable and all the tools to get to work. Battery came off charge and off we went. All setup and getting to work!

[Image: IMG_20141208_173602_zpsopoflhlv.jpg]

Flat tyre and missing a wing. Looking sad for itself!

[Image: IMG_20141208_173607_zpsleiuy90i.jpg]

It has been under a car port but its still covered in dirt and dust. The view from the inside was even grimmer!

[Image: IMG_20141208_173616_zpsdngtrkjy.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20141208_182511_zpscxdm3jyj.jpg]

I tidied all the crap out of the car. 2 spoons and large amounts of redbull. Found the note from Poodle when he helped me when I had battery problems!

[Image: IMG_20141208_182652_zpstsxpsblw.jpg]

And then I got done what I wanted to get done. Inlet manifold take off fitted. Bunger tissue down the manifold and inlet so if I dropped it it didnt get lost. I fed a bit of string through the hole and then pulled it back with the take off. Worked well and meant I definitely didnt drop it! Nut on and fed the new boost pipe through the bulkhead to the dash. Its a thick pipe and not sure if I want red or blue but itll do for now!

[Image: IMG_20141208_184554_zps4oijrme3.jpg]

battery connected and it started first time! Awesome stuff. Didnt reattach the inlet elbow as I need to find my EGR blank and fit that. Might as well do it all at once instead of taking it apart again. Also found the interior to go back in. Also found I had drilled and grooved discs for the rear which should clean up and be usable, 3 new rear pads and hopefully Ill find the fourth, front braided brake lines, spare rear calipers to replace the one with the snapped nipple. So yeh. Lots to get stuck in with! Just got to order wishbones now and collect the rear beam.
Thanks given by:
Good lad Smile

Positive things Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 09:43 PM)SRowell Wrote: [Image: 1379040_10200458232485094_787216214_n_zpsfa879781.jpg]

It does looks so damn nice in that picture bud, would be a shame not to tidy it up again Smile
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So ive got 3 uniroyal rainsport 2s and finding a fourth to replace the blown out one seems to be a bit of a challenge :/ £60 for one is the best ive found.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 11:43 AM)SRowell Wrote: So ive got 3 uniroyal rainsport 2s and finding a fourth to replace the blown out one seems to be a bit of a challenge :/ £60 for one is the best ive found.

What size do you need?
Thanks given by:
Knowing Sam it'll be the wrong size, 195 50 15 I'd assume. lol I'll get on it... ninja
Thanks given by:
£44 any good?

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/un...-82v-46384
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 12:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: £44 any good?

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/un...-82v-46384

Oh wow. Cheers buddy. I had a search of google but didnt find that! Yes the better or 'wrong' size as Tom likes to call it!
Thanks given by:
Ordered! This will replace the one that had a blow out.

Hopefully the flat one wont have developed too much of a flat spot. In which case Ill buy a second!
Thanks given by:
Why is the flat one flat? Punctured or damaged rim? They shouldn't just go flat from standing really.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvery Stage 2+ Estate RA306 21 6,159 15-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: RA306
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 37,653 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 23,156 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore