Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
It not making any hissing noises. The top rad hose get pretty hard and I cant take the rad cap off without loads of coolant escaping.

After a drive I can loosen the bleed screw next to the fuel filter and quite a bit of air comes out

(15-12-2013, 07:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Lots of lost love around ATM, just keep at it mate!

Yeah I know. Its just a pain after all the time, effort and money I have put into this and there just seems to be something wrong.

I can grantee there will be NO breaking or for sale thread though! There does seem to be a lot of people that give in to easy but I don't know other people situations
Thanks given by:
It will be ok frost we will give ya a hand just keep at it
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Heaters fine?

(15-12-2013, 07:54 PM)Frosty Wrote: There does seem to be a lot of people that give in to easy but I don't know other people situations

Sad
Thanks given by:
Yeah heater all work fine. Under normal driving temp sits at about 75 and goes up to over 90 when boosting on
Thanks given by:
So its constantly over 90 then Tongue

Can't really think what it'll be mate.

Leaning towards HG, but can't see why it would be that. Carry on driving and if your engine bay turns orange, you'll have a definitive answer.
Thanks given by:
Haha nah I just cruise around Smile

Well im going to get a thermostat sorted and then bleed the cooling system and see what happens. I think I may just worry to much sometime but we will see
Thanks given by:
so, your another person i asked if there car was for sale, you were adamant it wasent, so i go buy another, then you might be selling it LOL Wink
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 10:28 PM)padge Wrote: so, your another person i asked if there car was for sale, you were adamant it wasent, so i go buy another, then you might be selling it LOL Wink

No I wont be selling it. I don't give up as easy as some others Smile

Just lost the love at the moment
Thanks given by:
thats where it starts, trust.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been through the stages many times now, and have now given up the scene due to needing something reliable for work and not having space for a spare car but do stick at it if you can. Don't forget these are tuned old cars and are never going to be reliable in all honesty
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's always at the back of my mind to get something reliable and newer but how I see it anyone can go and do that where as I drive a 306 that I love and worked hard on and by the looks of it the hard work will have to carry on
Thanks given by:
If you want to sell, do let me know. I've followed this thread since the beginning... I could do with another XUD back in my life! Tongue
JP
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2013, 05:15 PM)jammapic Wrote: If you want to sell, do let me know. I've followed this thread since the beginning... I could do with another XUD back in my life! Tongue

Oh dear
Thanks given by:
However much I get pissed off with the car I will never sell it. I've spent way to much on it really anyway so it owes me like 4x what its worth
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2013, 06:38 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(18-12-2013, 05:15 PM)jammapic Wrote: If you want to sell, do let me know. I've followed this thread since the beginning... I could do with another XUD back in my life! Tongue

Oh dear

lol

But seriously, buy a Volvo.
Thanks given by:
Well I still have water getting inside the car that is really doing my head in as well as dripping on it. I have taken the roof lining out, did that on Christmas eve cuz that's how I roll. So I have been driving around over a week with no roof lining and only the front seats in. The water seems to be coming in from the very front of the roof but get some from the back of the sun roof frame. I'm pretty sure its sun roof related but I haven't ruled out windscreen yet.

So I'm not that happy with the car at the moment so I haven't been showing it any love simply as it just doesn't deserve it. So how its looking at the moment

[Image: DECD6577-C17D-4910-A495-D74429BA56B0_zpszxkzra3w.jpg]

[Image: 304C84E8-6E50-41BC-B0FD-A96A6855E960_zpswpa4p0fs.jpg]

[Image: 0353891E-3D26-4753-B5B1-D7599BBEE465_zpsif9u5n9s.jpg]

[Image: 88D262CC-8C7F-4DD2-ABE5-1A3AD6558B39_zpsxirdih1a.jpg]

It hasn't been washed since the Christmas meet I think.

So now on to my other issue the coolant pressurising. It still seems to be doing it and today I check the coolant and the level had dropped so I'm thinking the head gasket is gone. I did change the thermostat but it doesn't have seem to of made any difference.

My plan is to take the car off the road fairly soon to try and sort out my problems which will include the engine coming back out. Got a few other bits and pieces to do as well so think its best to take it off the road before it lets me down and will have a good amount of time to get it ready for the summer. The plan is to put the S16 back on the road
Thanks given by:
May aswell just leave it stripped Tongue
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2014, 07:35 PM)Craigus Wrote: May aswell just leave it stripped Tongue

More like may as well scrap it lol
Thanks given by:
Nooooo! Dont scrap it :O
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No don't scrap it just get s16 back on road and leave it for five mins

Thanks given by:
How come your not just getting someone to jet wash it while you sit in there?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Lads I only joke about scrapping it Smile

I did have someone have the hose over it and me looking inside but couldn't see anything. Now it has started to rain a fair bit its making its way in. When I'm driving it doesn't seem to leak in, its just when its been parked up like for the night and I start to drive it drips in at a fair rate for a while. Its like its getting caught somewhere in the roof if you know what I mean
Thanks given by:
Does it matter what way it parked as in on a hill front up or down hill if ya know what I mean

Thanks given by:
Maybe, I will parking facing up hill tomorrow to see what happens
Thanks given by:
Strippd ftw
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2014, 08:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Strippd ftw

Maybe but not for every day use
Thanks given by:
Meh...I'd strip every car I own lol...ax...1,6....audi ..the dt
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Saves on back seat passengers I guess lol
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2012, 12:31 PM)Frosty Wrote: is it worth me putting a 11mm modded pump on this or are they really smokey? i got 1 but dont know if its worth fitting it. or is it better to do the gov mod and LDA pin mod on the standard pump?

11mm is in a whole different league over a 9mm in how it feels to drive, really wakes up the turbo.

They are pretty smokey though, perhaps think of a 10mm or something? Benefits of a bigger pump but not quite as much smoke
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2014, 11:56 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(01-10-2012, 12:31 PM)Frosty Wrote: is it worth me putting a 11mm modded pump on this or are they really smokey? i got 1 but dont know if its worth fitting it. or is it better to do the gov mod and LDA pin mod on the standard pump?

11mm is in a whole different league over a 9mm in how it feels to drive, really wakes up the turbo.

They are pretty smokey though, perhaps think of a 10mm or something? Benefits of a bigger pump but not quite as much smoke

I wrote that ages ago lol. I got a 10mm pump coming. Darren has got it at the moment. It was the 1 Ricky had but it would t work so that's why Darren has it to work his magic Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,991 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 10,200 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 96,404 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty