Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Least there isn't any oil in your coolant this time.....

ninja
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
There was never any oil in my coolant. I've had air in my coolant, and now oil in my air.

FU.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Impressive mate. That will teach you to bodge things inappropriately.

Oh and YHPM
Thanks given by:
Right, while you lot were busy f*cking about being drunk and having a good time, I drashed on with getting the 'state back on the road. Bit of a half arsed update which is unusual for me but my one day off i've spent juggling visiting family and working on the car.

First step was to clean out the inlet pipework and f*ck me these things throw a lot of oil out when they're bust. Managed to catch the engine running away last week and no damage was done, it became apparent why after I noticed a puddle of oil under an FMIC elbow. Me being me, I didn't bother trying to stop what happened next.. I undid the clamp, pulled the pipe off and watched in amazement as about a full litre of oil poured out of the intercooler and associated pipework. After already having lost about half a litre from getting the car back up the drive with the f*cked turbo! So that's already 1.5L of oil accounted for..

The rest I found settled in the bottom of the intercooler, it only came out when I removed thecooler and tipped it up on end. Managed to quarter fill a 5L oil container with the remains in the FMIC so there's another 1.2L or so!

So in total that's 2.7L of a 5L fill gone, just from moving the car from the spot 20m down the road where the turbo blew to the driveway. Makes you realise how f*cked you are if the turbo shits itself when you're on the motorway, engine would be empty within about 30 seconds and would likely have run away before that. f*ck me. So my word of advice is to change that noisy turbo before it's too late!

Fuel filter, oil filter and engine oil have all been replaced now, fuel filter is a massive one from a Ford Scorpio 2.9 among others, just scavenged all the boxes at Halfords til I found one big enough with the right size pipes on it and the car's running much better now, only downside is it's still 100% veg so going to throw derv in it for winter as it's really unhappy when cold even with idle set to 1100rpm.

Also set to work on some ninja plans. Headlight washers. Picked up loads of bits from Halfords and ran a T-piece off the windscreen washers. With it being cheap halfords shite it's leaking already so will be looking to replace it with proper rubberised washer tubing at some point, but it works well as the washers i've used are the ball-type ones so they point straight up at the lights, thought of using mist jets but they'd just spray at the hockey sticks.

Also because the fluid reservoir is higher than the washers now the fluid seeps out through gravity. Need to find a solution for that as it's half emptying the reservoir whenever it's on a hill. Hmm.

The good news though is the boost is chronic. Didn't adjust my fuelling as i'm a BOSS so using the same T2 fuelling and a clean flter it hit 30psi on veg in 3rd and that was me being cautious. And then I popped a hose, so really need to fix that. Too many silicone elbows but cant afford solid replacements at the minute. It WILL be epic over the next couple of months tho!
Thanks given by:
Well played for sticking with it buddy; get some videos up!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'll get videos up when i've renewed my AA membership lol

Need to sort the pipes first, think they're still a bit greasy from all the oil in them. Once they're done i'll take all the videos you want Smile
Thanks given by:
Have you pikey beaded the pipes or nay?
Thanks given by:
Pikey beaded ftw but it appears to not work lmao
Thanks given by:
Go go gadget turbo!

I use hairspray on hoses that pop, spray on, clamp together and when it dries acts like glue, has held a few problematic hoses for me.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 08:43 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I'll get videos up when i've renewed my AA membership lol

Need to sort the pipes first, think they're still a bit greasy from all the oil in them. Once they're done i'll take all the videos you want Smile

I've had AA membership since I bought my first 306 (the DT); I'll never be without it now lol!

I know it's ridiculously unadventurous, but popping boost hoses and being too skint to afford decent clamps and a proper hose & beaded pipe kit was the reason I stayed topmount. I couldn't be arsed fixing that every 2 miles (like 4way did for so long!)
Thanks given by:
Yeah think i'm going down the hairspray route, i live 100m from a poundshop haha. It's the oil remnants causing issues though, cleaned up what I could but still slippy
Thanks given by:
Good work! As said need vids and as for the pipes, decent clamps do the trick.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ed I can afford proper clamps, but I can't afford all the metal elbows I need for a more hardpipe system.

The clamps also take a couple of days to get here and I didn't have a couple of days to wait, so threw on some old jubilees. They're fine for everyday driving anyway until I can be arsed replacing them all.
Thanks given by:
Brake cleaner the SHIT out of the pipes, then hairspray/fairy liquid them...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
good stuff getting it back on the road! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bit of a odd question, noticed that the top section of your rear lights is blacked out, did you use tint spray or black vinyl film ? Loving the way the car looks mate inspiring to get to work on my estate
Thanks given by:
It's gloss black vinyl mate, the whole lights have now been covered in Flyeyes Black 1 now like Johnny's HDi estate. Don't normally like to cpy ideas but he ok'd it first lol

Offending pics of what i've been up to:

[Image: DSCF0073.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0076.jpg]

Not to everyone's taste but hey ho. I'm restyling the outside too, removing a lot of stickers and decluttering. Raised the ride height a wee bit too for winter spec driving, dialled out the front camber to barely more than standard too. Drives much better now and tbh in my head i'm considering keeping it this height to make the most of that turbo, no point having a chronic XUD and not being able to drive it hey?

Oily exhaust? No ploblem

[Image: 248292_10151289164662485_1132879246_n.jpg]

[Image: 156956_10151289164612485_1238918768_n.jpg]

[Image: 481637_10151289164617485_269738008_n.jpg]

And one from the other night with the new camera, nae lights stealth mode ftw!

[Image: 31562_10151295395787485_2085402047_n.jpg]

A few of you may well spot a couple of ninja mods too. The eagled eyed, anyway...
Thanks given by:
Headlight washers?
Thanks given by:
Bingo!

One other?
Thanks given by:
Wind deflectors?
Thanks given by:
Pfft they've been there since day 1
Thanks given by:
I can see why you've done it, but raising cars makes the baby jebus cry Sad
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
You seem to be missing a headlight.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Have you finally painted behind the bumper?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Correct Jonny

And i appear to be missing two headlights and two tail lights...
Thanks given by:
Yellow headlights, that's original Itwasntme
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Hmm, those rear lights look good....tempted to do mine after Jonny's recommendation as well haha! lol I was thinking of doing them blue...but not sure if it would just look complete wank though.

Also want to know they'll still be light enough to be legal..... Confused
Thanks given by:
Good news: Lights let plenty of light out. Or at least the rears would if I didn't have two blown bulbs. Doh.

Got the lights all fitted though and managed a couple of quick snaps, knee's still f*cked though so not going anywhere. Also have no brake lights at all and only one side light and not sure how long they've been like that haha. Oops.

[Image: DSCF0079.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0082.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0080.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry mate but the fronts don't do it for me Sad Rears look great though!
Thanks given by:
Ahh then I shall take them off.

FU Scott.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,832 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707