Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Nearly done! After a rather demotivated start to the day I downed a couple of energy drinks, jumped in a taxi and headed over to the in-laws' house to have a proper go at fitting it.

First up, le compressor outlet.Stupid f*cking design meant it fouled either the inlet mani or the brake servo, so once again out came mr chop chop and the results were much easier to work with lol

Side by side, perspective seems to imply the GT isn't much bigger than the T2 but I guarantee it is after trying to squeeze it down the back of the engine lmao Chop chop smash smash

[Image: IMG_1344.jpg]

And after a lot of swearing and fiddling about with engine mounts, the results are thus:

[Image: IMG_1345.jpg]

Almost everything's plumbed in now. Ground was soaking so didn't get round to the lower parts, so need to plumb in oil return and the two lower exhaust mani bolts. It's in though and plenty of bulkhead clearance now that massive section has been removed. And yes i'm sure it'll be safe ninja

Last step for today was to re-route the FMIC setup so it basically flows the reverse of what it did before. Still some tweaking and a bit of persuasion of certain engine bay parts needed but it's very much nearly finished now.

[Image: IMG_1347.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1346.jpg]

Toyt loyk toyger

[Image: IMG_1348.jpg]

Plan for tomorrow? Clamp that shit up and go for a hoon!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Glad it chopped up okay in the end.

This is going to be epic.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
loving the huge amount of power you cant use cuz its to low Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Too low/too wide/too special to abuse.

Until I spend an hour raising the ride height at, say, a track, and go hooning?
Thanks given by:
It aint about the size it's about the flow, bro!

Couldn't you have just put the clamps on? I now have to wait till after work tomorrow for the end result Dodgy
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I COULD but I have all the time in the world this week so i'm checking and double checking everything. I have concerns about the downpipe and I need to get the FMIC pipework beaded in some way, cba blowing a hose 50m down the road
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't need beeding, I've been using now beaded pipes for the last 4 years of boosted XUD ownership and have had issues with pipe blowing off, bought some decent T-bolt clamps and haven't had a blow off since fitting.
Genuinely interested in how it goes, try get some vids up Smile
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Haha will be tramlining and torque steering all over the place, two hands on the wheel from now on!

I'm getting a lip on all the pipes as I cba with hoses popping, had a few pop before now and I can't be bothered with having to carry tools round everywhere
Thanks given by:
good progres man!

exhaust is full of win, can imagine you will have a lot of fun coaling people with that Smile
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
something about turbos and lots of pretty turbos. what i like to see!
Thanks given by:
Lol, i'll release a special picturebook edition for you Sam Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 07:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Lol, i'll release a special picturebook edition for you Sam Wink

yessssss! Inlove
Thanks given by:
Nice progress, looking forward to hearing about the results
Thanks given by:
Looks like its going well, any fairplay for getting that turbo behind the engine haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 07:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Lol, i'll release a special picturebook edition for you Sam Wink
Only if you make one for Niall with all of the pictures drawn in crayon.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 10:56 PM)Scott Wrote:
Only if you make one for Niall with all of the pictures drawn in crayon.

please. would taste better if it was on recycled paper Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
better get in the queue bitch!
Thanks given by:
Well.. That lasted long Sad
Thanks given by:
Ooh no!! What happened
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Turbos shat itself, compressor housing has bent the retaining washers On one side and pulled itself about 3mm from the cartridge. Not had time to investigate properly but the comp wheel/shaft don't seem so straight any more.

Think it's my fault though, where I moved the actuator I used my own bolts and washers, would appear the washers weren't strong enough to hold it together.

The good new though is it hit 20psi before 2krpm and pulled like a train! Only set it to 25 or so psi peak but two power runs and bye bye turbo Sad
Thanks given by:
Gutted Sad
Thanks given by:
Absolutely. The fact I couldn't put the power down even in third tells me this would have been epic. As it stands though I don't know what next
Thanks given by:
Bigger turbo? Undecided

Such a shitter buddy Sad I really feel for you!
Thanks given by:
another turbo using the correct bolts!
Thanks given by:
not very good with this engine building/modification malarky are you?

seriously though...gutted!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lol fu Niall.

Spent every spare minute on this thing since about Saturday, think I need a few days away from it as my head's burst.

Cba even stripping it all down again to see what the damage is as I'm 99% sure it's terminal...
Thanks given by:
Shit piss man, bad times
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ahh, thats shit mate, was looking forward to seeing some vids of this in action. As you say, take a couple of days away from it, and then hopefully you'll bring it back in a big way! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Changed my mind, going to bash on tomorrow early doors. Give myself a full day at it as the last few days its been 3/4 hours max at a time. Determined to get to the bottom of this but initial thoughts are the washers that I used were too weak/not the right size and they bent, letting the comp housing pop off.

Pics of the damage..

[Image: IMG_1353.jpg]

If you look closely you can see where the washer has bent up and allowed the comp housing to move

[Image: IMG_1356.jpg]

And you can see something not quite right here. This is the picture that fills me with the most dread, however when I first removed the comp housing to clock it I noticed it would move this much anyway so if the impeller's not been hit too hard it MAY be salvageable. What i'm concerned about though is the presence of oil, if it was just the housing away then there shouldn't have been any oil leaking, so personally I think the shaft's bent and damaged a seal or two.

Will find out tomorrow.

On a more positive note though..

WIN PIPE!

[Image: th_IMG_1351.jpg]

[Image: th_IMG_1350.jpg]

I miss that turbo chirp already Sad

When it's working though it's going to be epic, completely different to the T2 and torquey enough even under 2krpm to light up the wheels in 3rd. Mental. Only had a wee run at about 25psi and was smokey on boost, wound the MBC out in an attempt not to kill it straight away...

Oops.
Thanks given by:
OUch that compressor wheel looks f*cked! Really sorry to hear this Sad
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,825 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707