Diesel knock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel knock
Just a quick question if anyone can answer! Changed the cambelt yesterday with tensioners and water pump ect, timed everything with locking pins starter her back up with diesel knock which I'm sure wasn't there before! I did change the fuel filter at the same time but can't see that having any relevance?
Thanks given by:
maybe the fuel pump need bring forward a bit, you do get a bit of knocking on the pump if its to far back
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 06:21 PM)Exoforces Wrote: maybe the fuel pump need bring forward a bit, you do get a bit of knocking on the pump if its to far back

Thing is the pumps not been touched only put the Belt on and the timing is spot on when tensioned so I don't see how It can make a difference from before guess ill have to slacken the pump and rotate it!

Auto data also states that the free float in the injection pump does not effect timing? Been many hours of head scratching lol
Thanks given by:
if you use to small pin/tool to lock the flywheel it can move a bit.
just slacken off the pump , start the car and see if that the problem just helping with part of problem solving mate its just a guess
Thanks given by:
Just been looking at the pump now goin to rotate the pump back and forth see if it quietens down

(13-01-2013, 07:14 PM)Exoforces Wrote: if you use to small pin/tool to lock the flywheel it can move a bit.
just slacken off the pump , start the car and see if that the problem just helping with part of problem solving mate its just a guess

I've got a sealey locking kit everything was locked in place it's 100% not timing it's been checked and checked till I'm sick of looking at it! Lol
Thanks given by:
what was your old belt like??

i had a knock after i changed mine but then my old belt had stretched abit and had put the timeing out 1/4-1/2 a tooth out

mine now starts better and had more poke and sounds like the rest of the xud ougs i see and hear
Thanks given by:
I know you say it's not timing related but did you do 4 complete turns on the crank pulley by hand?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 08:29 PM)parrotveasey81 Wrote: what was your old belt like??

i had a knock after i changed mine but then my old belt had stretched abit and had put the timeing out 1/4-1/2 a tooth out

mine now starts better and had more poke and sounds like the rest of the xud ougs i see and hear

Old belt was very slack! I have no problem with starting its just the knock! As I said above goin to rotate the pump and go from there!

(13-01-2013, 09:09 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I know you say it's not timing related but did you do 4 complete turns on the crank pulley by hand?

Yes rotated by hand then relocked to check timing it's all bang on! Even the auto data book states that the slack on the locking pin on the injection pump won't effect the timing!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diesel Knock pugtk 2 1,270 16-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Low fuel cause bad knock HDIkyle 1 882 27-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  bad knock, pump? randomcaller 8 1,806 29-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Last Post: randomcaller