Bosch doing the cold knocking thing, and smoking on boost:/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch doing the cold knocking thing, and smoking on boost:/
hi all my bosch is doing that cold starting knocking sounding shit thing even when its warm.. so i though oh maybe its a bit too advance so i though i'd pull it back a bit (it wouldnt move so i tightened it up again and left it) Then i tried to lower my hot idle becuase it was idling at 1250 since i turned the fuel screw up.. the hot idle screw is all the way out and it wont go any lower soo i turned the fuel screw back to 900 rpm then left it, then i went for a drive and its trying to idle at 400 and smoking on full whack so now im annoyed Sad think its just one of those days.. Could anyone please tell me what to do here??
Also i am running veg oil if that change anything :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Dont know if youve had a read through before but might be worth looking at my setup and tuning guide - here.

Also its not ideal to be setting a pump up while running veg as it will idle badly when cold regardless and still idle a little bit odd when warm.

Have you changed the throttle arm min. screw at all? The one at the back?
Thanks given by:
I havent but Darren fitted and set up my pump and now i've cocked it up lol the min screw is all the way out i think..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:I havent but Darren fitted and set up my pump and now i've cocked it up lol the min screw is all the way out i think..

As Dan! said you need to be running on diesel to get it set up right. If youve got a full tank of veg fill up a gerry can of diesel then stick a pipe from it straight to the pump then when the engine is stone cold start it and adjust the cold idle screw/max fuel/anti stall screw to get a good balance.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I got diesel in it now and it sounds much better and when fully warm it does sound ok Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306TD Smoking alot tomd 3 1,017 12-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  bosch cold start advance Teddy 19 4,372 08-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  smoking on idle bosch pump therefused 14 2,878 26-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy