bosch cold start advance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch cold start advance
i know not every bosch pump have them but is it worth wiring it up ? and is it just a wire from the glow plug to make it work cheers
Thanks given by:
I have never wired it up, only used the cable from the thermostat housing, and never really had issues starting.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It dose connect to the glow plugs, its just one wire, cant see why not to connect it
Thanks given by:
Connected it up starts so easy now
Thanks given by:
Can you show me a pic of the cable my bosch is shit to start? Wana see if mine has one
Thanks given by:
It's the soliniod at the bottom of pump picture is above
Thanks given by:
Dam mine doesn't have that were they not fitted to all bosch pumps?
Thanks given by:
No, the ones with that solenoid have throttle compensated dynamic advance - they will back off the injection timing as you lift off the throttle and bump up the timing when you go on the throttle, the others have a fixed SOI curve in relation to engine speed.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Like Ruan said I have always had them with but never wired 1 up
Thanks given by:
Interesting, my d turbo is hard to start sometimes and only starts when bumped. It also completely stops when going around a sharp corner. Could this be related as I have not got this connected up. Btw running 11mm gov mod!
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 02:19 AM)johnnytsa Wrote: Interesting, my d turbo is hard to start sometimes and only starts when bumped. It also completely stops when going around a sharp corner. Could this be related as I have not got this connected up. Btw running 11mm gov mod!

If your car stops when going round a sharp corner there's something serious wrong there!

Thanks given by:
Could be something electrical shutting the solenoid, or a problem with the tank pickup..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
not enough fuel in the tank?
Thanks given by:
Mine used to cut out when there was a lot of air getting into the lines Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yea I think it's something more serious like pump. I've tried searching for air in lines etc. car can start fine then suddenly after a drive it won't start or cuts out, only round a corner tho!
Thanks given by:
There nothing in the pump that can move as you go round a corner. And if it works fine sometimes id guess your pump was fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea that's true but it's very odd because it starts straight away with the slightest of bumps! I could literally push the car by myself and it would start but Won't go on key!
Thanks given by:
Does it turn over? Have you checked for 12v at the stop solenoid wire? Any dodgy looking wiring near the near or under the bonnet?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea turns over but won't fire until bumped! Yea I've tried bring live feed to solenoid but still needs bumped! Really has me puzzled!
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 10:31 PM)Teddy Wrote: Connected it up starts so easy now

Is there any way to test if this is working? My 306 starts quickly sometimes and other times takes a fair bit of cranking. I know the plugs are working ok.
Just wondering if this is intermittently working it could explain the starting issues.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold start issue- fuel pump? Blaze Addict 3 1,802 20-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Lucas Advance Switch RAW 8 3,114 30-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: RAW
  406 semi ecu XUD9, lumpy/idling issues,advance woes Piggy 3 1,356 28-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan