bosch conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch conversion
I have just converted my 1.8 dturbo to a bosch pump and now it fires up but it dosent idle, sounds rough, no power when reving and theres alot of white smoke. i am pretty certain it is timmed up correctly. i have changed the studs around on the pump bracket (after already putting it together once lol) using bosch lines and injectors. i recently have just had it gov modded and lda grind.

any help would be apreciated as i have no clue what it could be whether its me done something wrong or if the pump is at fault.
Thanks given by:
Sorry I havent replied to your last text yet mate. From the sound of it the pump wants advancing, loosen the 3 bolts holding it to the bracket on the cambelt side and the fourth bolt on the right under/behind the injector lines and twist the pump so the top of the pump goes backwards a bit, you can adjust this while the engine is running just make sure you have a firm grip on the pump when the engine is started, then rotate it back a bit and keep going until it sounds sweet, usually just over halfway in the 'slots' on the pump (where the 3 stud come through)

Hope that helps man, lemme know if it fixes it or not
Thanks given by:
haha. no worries mate i thought id make his thread as iy would ne easier i thought ill try and advance the pump tomorrow hopefully that will sort it.
Thanks given by:
I have just tried to advance the timming (pushing the pump towards the engine) and it hasent realy made alot of difference. do you think it could be the injectors i havent repkaced the seals as i was trying to be a cheapskate and only use them when i do the 1.9 conversionBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Just wondering have you got fuel and return correct way round i know its obvious but i made the mistake years ago 1st time round, and also found the banjo bolt for fuel in was a return bolt so had the restrictor in hence y i couldnt get it to run for more than 30seconds

Hope i dont confuse the matter,
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the fuel in is on the left side of the pump and return near the max fuel it does run but smokes alot wont idle lol
Thanks given by:
ahh i see matey wasnt sure from OP wether it was running at all
Thanks given by:
it does run but its got alot of white smoke, bad diesel knock,and it dosent idle very well and its not very responsive lol
Thanks given by:
I would recheck your timing mate, sounds like the pump is a tooth or 2 out.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I do agree with londonlad from previous threads and similar problems because as dan said advancing pump is adjusting timing a fraction so may be a tooth out buddy worth checking over all timing holes again
Thanks given by:
yea ok then mate ill have another look then. hopefully thats what the problem is im quite new to diesels lol
Thanks given by:
right i have just re timmed the engine and now it dosent puff out white smoke running sweet. but when i rev it it feels restricted about the time it comes on boost. i have put the lda pipe to the inlet manifold so it should work from there surely or is it just because i havent turned the turbo up yet??
Thanks given by:
What do you mean restricted? Is it revving cleanly up the rev range? Does it make full boost and hold it?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
it seems to rev fine up to where it should come on boost then it just wont rev any harder and just start spluttering lol. difficult to explain realy lol
Thanks given by:
Fuel filter maybe? Is it smoking at all when you drive it hard through the gears?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
the car isnt on the road atm but when i have tried it in 1st and 2nd it just seems that its not got much power. it was fine on the lucas pump though lol

it dosent smoke that much realy. do you think its under fueling??
Thanks given by:
Was the Lucas tuned? You may just need to give it more fuel. Saying that you need to be able to at least get it in 3rd with foot flat down to see what's what

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
im pretty sure that the lucas was completly standard. ive tried to turn the max fuel up but think its pretty maxed out.
Thanks given by:
Is there any black smoke under acceleration? What is the boost gauge saying on full chat?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Wink 
http://s739.beta.photobucket.com/user/ag...4367934777

http://s739.beta.photobucket.com/user/ag...4367934777

a couple of videos hope they work lol. I havent receved my boost guage yet as its not on the road lol. i have one on the way though.
Thanks given by:
anyone?? bit stumped at this lol.
Thanks given by:
hi there!
I had the same problem... tell me, the pump came from a 1.9 engine?
Thanks given by:
yes mate bosch pump was from a 1.9
Thanks given by:
have you changed fuel filter yet?
Thanks given by:
no mate. i have a 1.9 engine on the way now so not gonna bother with the 1.8 lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,696 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Bosch pump conversion problems Farmer-Glen 16 3,543 16-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Farmer-Glen
  Bosch conversion nightmare sammyb303 11 2,548 04-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Chris_90