Bosch conversion nightmare

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch conversion nightmare
Hi have converted my 306 dturbo from lucas to bosch and cannot for the life of me get it to run, getting to the point where i feel like setting the car alight! I gov mod, lda grind put it on changed bracket to the bosch one, have checked timing, when i rev it it will cut out around 2k almost sounding like a limiter, but then if i squeeze the primer grenade it will rev the full way for a few seconds with black smoke coming out the exhuast then go back to how it was before with white smoke coming out the exhuast, anyhelp would be seriously appreciated as im getting really depressed over this cheers
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the vane pump inside is siezed, so its not drawing fuel in, hence when priming it, it will rev for a bit

Seems to be alot of dud pumps about these days
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can unsieze the vanes though cant you? It doea seem like an awful lot are dying though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
As above, sounds like the pump is seized. I had the same thing and after having the pump apart, it was too far gone and I had to source another.
Thanks given by:
Cheers how do you go about checking the vane pump, can it be done with the pump in car? the pump was supposedly rebuilt before i got it if that makes any difference?
Thanks given by:
Re built or re sealed massive Difference
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Think rebuilt, was very clean inside when i gov modded it looked like it had a new gov spring
Thanks given by:
Banjo bolts are the wrong way round on the pump. Swap the inlet and outlet around. The one that's supposed to be on the outlet is restrictive to maintain pump pressure. If its on the inlet it well restrict all fuel until you force it through with grenade.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If the vane pump has failed just fit an electric facet one and wire it into the stop solenoid.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 06:43 AM)pugmanxud Wrote: If the vane pump has failed just fit an electric facet one and wire it into the stop solenoid.

The facet pumps are ment to push the fuel not pull so you'd want it as close to tank as possible.

Thanks given by:
cheers for the help got it ruuning last night!! after jimbo said it could be the vane pump i looked it up and saw that a few people said that driving them hard and revving them as far as thell go so did that for nearly 40 minuites and suddenly she just came allive and i was thrown back into my seat! seriously quick now it has a front mount too so goes really well now at only 20 psi.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 06:22 PM)sammyb303 Wrote: cheers for the help got it ruuning last night!! after jimbo said it could be the vane pump i looked it up and saw that a few people said that driving them hard and revving them as far as thell go so did that for nearly 40 minuites and suddenly she just came allive and i was thrown back into my seat! seriously quick now it has a front mount too so goes really well now at only 20 psi.

Probably the only time you can rag the shit out your car and it fixes it's self lol glad you got it going Big Grin

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing Radiator Fans - Nightmare! OliRose1994 7 1,459 07-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,683 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Bosch pump conversion problems Farmer-Glen 16 3,521 16-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Farmer-Glen