Bosch pump conversion problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump conversion problems
Just fitted a bosch pump with 11mm conversion (purchased off ebay, in working condition) onto my 205.

The engine is a 1.8 XUD7, I have changed the pump, injectors and injector lines but I cant get it to runHuh

There is a 12v switch live to the stop solenoid which I have checked with a multimeter, I have bled the system through and cracked off the injectors until diesel has come through but it wont start...it coughs a bit and kicks out lots of whiteish smoke but doesn't want to run Sad Injection timing? (I followed Darren Lobb's YouTube video and set the pump a little advanced from the centre of the slots).

Also I'm not sure what adjustments have been made to the pump already, is there a way of putting it back to standard? I wouldn't have thought that would it running completely though...would it?

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks given by:
White smoke is usually because its retarded. If youve got fuel to injectors then the pump is obviously pumping. Some people dont crack the injector lines off to advance the pump a tad more. Move the pump pretty close to.intercooler nip injector lines up and fine tune.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
was you on a bosch or lucas pump before?
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 08:00 PM)vincent1 Wrote: was you on a bosch or lucas pump before?

Was on a Lucas before, swapped the studs over to the other holes too...
Thanks given by:
My pump is like that had it out five times nw and striped it bear and rebulit it back up it starts if I move the lever on the front of pump a little bit maybe try that just to see if it will start lol think I might have it sorted nw dow I hope lol

[attachment=18989]

My pump at the minit lol :-)

[attachment=18990]
Thanks given by:
Good news! Its not the dacia sandero...

I cracked off the injector lines at the injectors and turned it over for a while, there was some air in the lines I think!

It now starts Big Grin but doesn't idle, and misses on one cylinder! But at least I can now start setting up the pump and get it to idle properly.

I can then investigate which cylinder is miss firing and try to sort that out Smile

Is it possible to run a bosch pump with lucas injectors?

I don't have a spare bosch one to swap out Sad
Thanks given by:
You can but they have diffrent lift pressures. Not ideal really. Id keep 3 bosch in and 1 lucas if it were me
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It would only be temporary to source the problem, would then get a replacement bosch if I found a faulty one Smile
Thanks given by:
Give it a good hard rev sounds like an injector is stuck closed. Seems to be so many bosch pump problems atm

Also whilst running give the primer pump a few squeezes and see if that makes a difference.
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok Jimbo will do Smile was a bit weary at first in case it ran away but will make sure I can stall it if it does!

Looks like the injector on cylinder one is weeping slightly so that may be the source of the problem.

It seems to be loping at idle too, but its OK when you touch the throttle

Any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks given by:
Possibly pull the throttle arm forward one spline. Then adjust the idle speed down if it.needs it
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Grrr Dodgy car wont start at all now, just plumes out white smoke!! Swapped out the injectors for the lucas ones, it fired up for about 2 seconds and then stopped, now its not smoking at all Huh doesnt look like any fuel is getting through...checked the stop solenoid and it still has 12v...

Beginning to regret changing to bosch! Never had any problems with the lucas pump

Any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
If theres no fuel to injector pipes then the delivery valves are probley block take them out blow them out then put them back in I had to do that a few times with mine to get fuel up to 1 and 2 injectors lol
Thanks given by:
Theres no reason it should be blocked if you have a suitable fuel filter in place

You sure the pump is good??!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm beginning to think the eBay listing was lying! The guy claimed it was working when it came off a month ago and it was stored with fuel in it...apparently Dodgy

Will probably end up putting the lucas back on and stripping the bosch one down when i've got the time, see what its like inside!
Thanks given by:
Using Lucas injectors with a Bosch pump will result in altered timing. You can strip injectors down and clean them if you think one is sticky Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 08:37 AM)Uberderv Wrote: Using Lucas injectors with a Bosch pump will result in altered timing. You can strip injectors down and clean them if you think one is sticky Smile

Yeah I think I will strip them down and stick them in the ultrasonic cleaner me thinks Big Grin

Will probably just do all of them as I'm not sure which one (probably all of them) needs cleaning!

Thanks for the help guys Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,439 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,990 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,491 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby