pull to push gearbox box(small problem)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pull to push gearbox box(small problem)
Im just after doing a d turbo conversion into a 205 for my friend everything is fine,except for the gear box

Ive used the d turbo box,which is a push type box,where the old box is a pull type,

how has this been bypassed in the past?, we were just going to try and modify the cable

i remember reading somewhere that the hdi box was a pull type and that its used an the xud alot so how is the connected up

I dont want to use the standard box,as the ratios are way too short
Thanks given by:
You should just be able to stick on the stock cable, as long as you're using everything that came with the DT engine, you should be fine...

Clutch cable should simply clip ontop of the box...

[Image: parts-Clutch-Cable-PEUGEOT-205-Box-1-7-D...-parts.jpg]

Cable should look something like that, if it does, it just clips straight on, it's just the fork is different between boxes Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
205 stock cable?

I think the standard 205 cable looks like that, but wouldn't that just pull the gearbox arm instead of pushing? or am i missing something?haha

I think i have a 306 cable sitting in my garage from the good old days Big Grin

If that would fit?
Thanks given by:
Whoa whoa, you're getting me confused now! I think you've gotten a bit confused.

The HDi90 is a PUSH style clutch, the release bearing is attached to the gearbox fork and pushes on the springs to release...

The XUD9 uses a PULL style clutch, where the release bearing is incorporated into the pressure plate and a fork goes behind it and yanks it...

Imagine that the HDI90 and all the "push" style clutches - the inner cable end is fixed, therefore the sheath of the cable moves and actuates the fork...

In the XUD setup i.e. "pull" style clutches - the sheath end of the cable is fixes, and it moves the inner cable on the pivot...

The difference being when viewed from the top, an XUD clutch will twist the arm anticlockwise, a HDI or Push clutch will turn will twist it clockwise... The clutch cable is the same Smile

Hope this makes sense!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help, i am probably going to add to the confusion here(im still confused here)haha

but this is the type of mechanism on the 205 gbox

http://is02.thegumtree.com/image/big/157817538.jpg

the clutch cable pulls the arm backwards towards the bulkhead on the 205 box

on the 306 box the cable should pull the arm towards the front of the car(towards the slam panel)
Thanks given by:
When i converted mine i used a 1.9 Gti cable
Thanks given by:
What driveshafts have you used? asuming its a 1.8 diesel to start with have you used the 1.8 or 1.9 driveshafts???
Thanks given by:
1.8 shafts on a 1.9 box

we encountered some other problems this evening,with the smaller selector fork on the box,which was longer than the 1.8 box,which we modified it(bent it)haha

we should by right take the other one of the 1.8 box,but for now it will have to do,

we managed to get use the end of a dt cable on the 205 cable(joined them),after my friend managed to break the 205 cable

so he's ordering a new accelerator cable and a new solenoid(there was a 2 wire solenoid) ,hopefully we will get it finished sat, and get my timing belt done on my 205 gti
Thanks given by:
Mine was a 1.8TD , put a Xud9 in it with a Hdi gearbox. using the original 1.8 driveshalfts
Thanks given by:
did you have any problems with the gear selectors?
Thanks given by:
cool thats alright then atleast i havent gotta get any driveshafts then
Thanks given by:
I fitted a 306 auto adjust cable today, just need to change the bit that connects to the pedal
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 06:07 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: I fitted a 306 auto adjust cable today, just need to change the bit that connects to the pedal

How did you change that?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH andyyy 32 6,720 20-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: andyyy
  blue and white smoke on pull away rryan 3 1,661 28-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  bonnet pull jonny1.6 5 1,900 27-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Last Post: jonny1.6