Eezibleed kit - Definitly not 'eezi'!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eezibleed kit - Definitly not 'eezi'!
Meh works ok for me, the tube kept blowing off the valve attachment at first glued it upand its always been good to me

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
awful awful cowboy way to do it to just pump and hope the air doesnt get dragged back in...or further up the line.

do it right or not at all
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You really need to stop spouting crap and arguing with everyone.

There's no "wrong way" of getting air out, if it works, it works. If Darren does it it's fair to say he knows what he's on about... There's no hoping involved, you should know if you've done it properly.
Thanks given by:
Wise words from Curt there! If it works, it works, dont play with it. Giggidy.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbh honest the whole pumping the brakes thing has been done for years and works! I use the gunson eazybleed never had a proble
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 09:26 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: awful awful cowboy way to do it to just pump and hope the air doesnt get dragged back in...or further up the line.

do it right or not at all

Its not a cowboy way to do it at all...bleeding the brakes meaning removing air from the brake lines...pumping the brake pedal pumps fluid down the lines pushing the air out...leaving you with nothing but brake fluid from the master cylinder to the end of the pipe on the nipple, so when you tighten it, theres no air in there...easily done by urself, practicised by millions of people, and isnt cowboy what soever...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 09:30 PM)Curt Wrote: You really need to stop spouting crap and arguing with everyone.

Its not just me thats noticed then lol
Thanks given by:
Also to what dan said, i understand what your saying, but ive never noticed this happen, the pipe i use is clear, and given the thin pipe / fairly thick fluid,m the air just holds in the pipe from what ive ever noticed / certainly dosnt rise up thro anyway, but dosnt do any harm as a precaution i guess, but of all the cars ive bled, ive never had any problems yet!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Possibly a daft question, but assuming most of the air is out (we do have a solid pedal, but can't test drive without insurance) if there were still some small bubbles, wouldn't they just naturally float up to the res anyway when using the brakes or going over bumps?
Thanks given by:
No..they will just hold in the lines / calipers...normally if u get air stuck in the system its in the calipers, quick drive / re bleed is normally enough to adjitate it enough to get it out...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 11:15 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: ...normally if u get air stuck in the system its in the calipers, quick drive / re bleed is normally enough to adjitate it enough to get it out...

Cowboy
Thanks given by:
Or just give all the lines and calipers some love taps with a hammer/random nearby tool while you're bleeding 'em. tends to dislodge any small bubbles.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok fair enough, cheers.
Thanks given by:
no offence intended but when your trained and taught something a certain way with reasons given...it becomes the norm. Like the way ya do other things for years because you have been taught thats the right thing to do.

Something I only wish to pass on for the sake of others not having problems.

I still cant quite visualise how air wont just suck back in when the pedal rises after a pump down...but if it works for some...then fair enough

I wouldnt suggest bashing stuff with a hammer though...keep bleeding with that clear pipe and ensure the connection on the nipple is good...you maybe sucking air into that pipe from the connection to the nipple giving you 'false' air!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll be honest, I've worked in 3 different garages (albeit breifly!) and never seen someone bleed brakes on thier own like that, always the shouting 'PUMP, PUMP, PUMP, HOLLLLD' method...which in a busy garage is crap as you can't hear the other person lol. lol

I'm not disagreeing with Darrens method, obviously it works for him and he definitly knows his shit when it comes to cars! But I think I'll stick with the two-man method if I can't get the bleedkit to work.

It's just that I'm never confident with brake hydro systems as they're so important! Changing discs and pads doesn't phase me at all now, I mean it's not like you can really get that wrong (although I did once see someone put pads in backwards lol) but bleeding brakes never seems to be 100% sure if you know what I mean....it's not like torquing a bolt where 120Nm will always be the same......theres always that doubt that there could be an airlock in the system. Confused
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 10:03 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(23-12-2012, 09:30 PM)Curt Wrote: You really need to stop spouting crap and arguing with everyone.

Its not just me thats noticed then lol

Also noticed this Tongue
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There shouldn't be uncertainty though Tom, honestly you should know if you've got the air out. I've used various methods, it doesn't matter as long as the end result is brakes that work Wink. To be fair, Darren's method is pretty foolproof (which can only bode well for you Tongue)

(24-12-2012, 09:00 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: no offence intended but when your trained and taught something a certain way with reasons given...it becomes the norm. Like the way ya do other things for years because you have been taught thats the right thing to do.

This is obviously how most people operate... but when you're on a car forum (or pretty much any forum for that matter) you need to be open minded as there's going to be people with knowledge that you may not be familiar with. Just because someone has a different way, doesn't mean it's wrong because YOU haven't heard of it.

(24-12-2012, 09:00 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Something I only wish to pass on for the sake of others not having problems.

I feel this may be what you should have thought with the advice in this thread?

(24-12-2012, 09:00 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I still cant quite visualise how air wont just suck back in when the pedal rises after a pump down...but if it works for some...then fair enough

Again, just because you can't see it doesn't make it wrong. I've never used this method, but didn't automatically brand it as "cowboy" and I can see how it would work perfectly. I've used the old fashioned method, the kits and the professorial equipment, doesn't mean I'd discard a new way...

(24-12-2012, 09:00 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I wouldnt suggest bashing stuff with a hammer though...keep bleeding with that clear pipe and ensure the connection on the nipple is good...you maybe sucking air into that pipe from the connection to the nipple giving you 'false' air!

Again I'd advise not to argue with Ripp... and note he never said (bash) he said "love tap". Just take your own advice and let others "pass on" their experience and knowledge.
Thanks given by:
lmao lmao @piggy, it blatantly isnt a good way to do it thats why myself and millions of other have been doing it like this for years on end, how the fook do you think 99% of garages done it before all these easy bleed kits became a common thing lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: