Eezibleed kit - Definitly not 'eezi'!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eezibleed kit - Definitly not 'eezi'!
Hmm, so what was I doing wrong? Dodgy

Changed the brakes on Sam's 1.8. Topped up the brake fluid.

Read how to use the bleed kit -

1. Put fluid in the container
2. Chose the correct res cap
3. Put res cap/bleed kit on the res tight
4. Deflate a tyre to roughly 20psi (no guage but was pretty flat!)
5. Pressurise the system with the tyre
6.Fluid pisses out under pressure around the cap seal
7. Let more air out of the tyre (10psi now maybe?)
8. Again fluid pisses out quicker than it goes in!

Had to resort to the 'old' method in the end but not really sure it was succesful, ran out of time unfortunately.

So how does everyone else do it? Thought it was gonna be easy! Dodgy Was the tyre still too pressured? Or are the res cap fittings just shite?

Tom
Thanks given by:
did you have the seal in the cap? mine fell out, luckily i found it tho.

i found all in all they were pretty handy, but ended up with faaaaar too much fluid in the res at the end...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Yeah the seal was in there lol, I checked that before I fitted it.
Thanks given by:
I use a pump with a gauge its worked every time 1st time for me
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never had any issues with mine, just use a rag to absorb any excess.

IIRC though it does say on the box " Not compatible with Toms306" so that may be your issue
Thanks given by:
Damn, knew I should've read the box. Tbf most things are incompattable with myself! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Mines always worked all right too! Tom you sure its not just you?!
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2012, 05:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Damn, knew I should've read the box. Tbf most things are incompattable with myself! Rolleyes

Life in general is just incompatible with you!

Heart
Thanks given by:
Tom I know you probably won't make it down south any time in the near future for a meet so don't worry, I'll slap Vaughan for you lol
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2012, 05:57 PM)Scott Wrote: Tom I know you probably won't make it down south any time in the near future for a meet so don't worry, I'll slap Vaughan for you lol

Gently please
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2012, 05:57 PM)Scott Wrote: Tom I know you probably won't make it down south any time in the near future for a meet so don't worry, I'll slap Vaughan for you lol

No need, I agree with him completely! lol
Thanks given by:
I never got those tings to work, utter shite. Just ended up venting under the cap and doing nothing to my brakes.

I use the one way valve bleed kit instead on the 4 corners, works wonders.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Why do you need anything to bleed the brakes? I just have a bit of pipe off the nipples into a pot, and pump the brakes, topping up the res now and again, why would this need to be complicated?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
That's what we did in the end darren, but obviously you need two co-ordinated people for that.....not me and Sam! lol

Theoretically with pressure in the res, one person can open the nipple, watch the flow then close it off when its clear - no need to touch the pedal and no chance of taking air back in before closing the nipple off. But it didn't work like that lol.
Thanks given by:
these are total crap and in my experience never do the job as well as ol skool
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 08:57 AM)Toms306 Wrote: That's what we did in the end darren, but obviously you need two co-ordinated people for that.....not me and Sam! lol

Theoretically with pressure in the res, one person can open the nipple, watch the flow then close it off when its clear - no need to touch the pedal and no chance of taking air back in before closing the nipple off. But it didn't work like that lol.

Why would you need two people to bleed brakes??

Ive been bleeding brakes for years by myself....Therse nothing to co ordinate, just pump the brakes!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
its terrible way to do it...pump down, you must then close the nipple before raising the pedal again, otherwise you just suck air straight back in!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As Piggy said! With our lack of co-ordination I'm pretty sure that happened anyway though. Unless you're using a one way valve thing as C2K suggested.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 09:39 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: its terrible way to do it...pump down, you must then close the nipple before raising the pedal again, otherwise you just suck air straight back in!!!

what Daren's saying is have a piece of pipe from the nipple in a jar of fluid, that way it sucks brake fluid back up and not air . . .Rolleyes
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
nah, you just end up pushing a air bubble in and out and in and out etc etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
wasnt very easy to use. Im sure it would work better with a decent seal around the reservoir!
Thanks given by:
Mine worked fine until i tried to use it on the rears, which were partially blocked, then it shit it's fluid everywhere. Seal needs to be good and pipes need to be free-flowing for it to work properly.

As Matt says, for Darren's method you need to have the end of the pipe in a container of brake fluid, obviously fill the pipe first or it won't work properly. Rolleyes If you get air bubbles in there you're doing it wrong.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They're great for pushing the air out of a dry system if you've fitted new calipers/lines/MC, etc, in which case the pipe in a jar way takes forever as it almost as much back in as it pushes out.
Also doesn't work for 4 pots as you tend to just get a bubble dancing around in the crossover pipes.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 09:39 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: its terrible way to do it...pump down, you must then close the nipple before raising the pedal again, otherwise you just suck air straight back in!!!

What are you on about? Read my post....short bit of pipe from nipple to container, and just keep pumping, once all the airs stopped coming out just nip up the nipple and remove the bit of pipe...each pump squirts a tonne of fluid compared to the tiny little bit it sucks back...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Eazibleeds are dead easy to use, even i cant fail at using them.
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2012, 04:04 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: What are you on about? Read my post....short bit of pipe from nipple to container, and just keep pumping, once all the airs stopped coming out just nip up the nipple and remove the bit of pipe...each pump squirts a tonne of fluid compared to the tiny little bit it sucks back...

And to add to this, make sure the bit of pipe coming off the nipple goes up and over something, say the droplink, and then down into the jar, that way any air which comes out of the nipple will natually float up to the highest point of the pipe rather than get sucked back into the caliper.
Thanks given by:
Dodgy kit tom, every time iv done mine iv done it at 32psi, worked a treat every time

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Hmm, very mixed opinions here then lol! Confused
Thanks given by:
you using this one yeah?> http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...yId_255216

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah that's the one.
Thanks given by: