Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)
I need a Bosch! But I'm gonna mess about with the Lucas first to see how far I can push it lol
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 02:49 PM)MarkTD Wrote: I need a Bosch! But I'm gonna mess about with the Lucas first to see how far I can push it lol

If you want a pump go to looms scrappy in derby carnt believe i got it for £25 was just for pump tho.

Hopefully having fitted on wednesday just gota get some fuel pipe, copper washers, and leak off pipes then its ready to go on hopefully

Thanks given by:
£25 for a bosch, what a bargin!
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 10:50 AM)Frosty Wrote: £25 for a bosch, what a bargin!

I no couldn't believe it might go back when ive sorted mine out sell a few on here make some money Wink

Thanks given by:
Car is now running a bosch :-D just got some issues to sort out some reason heaters stopped working after fitting the bosch no idea why, also accelerator cable sticking no idea why as was fine before but now sticking on the pedal, and need a starter motor as that keeps sticking.

Pics coming soon

BIG thanks to Jenkosowls for fitting the pump!

Thanks given by:
finally!!

good news though Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update, ive cleaned the car first time in about 2 month lol also had new number plates a few week ago, and pics of the bosch

[Image: 306blue44_zpsa4a63a6a.jpg]
[Image: 306blue56_zpsffe1ab48.jpg]

[Image: 306blue45_zps0fd491d3.jpg]
[Image: 306blue46_zpsbdae401e.jpg]
[Image: 306blue47_zps946988ff.jpg]
[Image: 306blue48_zps43b7290b.jpg]
[Image: 306blue50_zpsdd27dd9f.jpg]
[Image: 306blue51_zps7cd552b6.jpg]
[Image: 306blue52_zpsfbe7cce3.jpg]
[Image: 306blue53_zpsf99d4cc6.jpg]
[Image: 306blue54_zps25cea32f.jpg]
[Image: 306blue55_zps8fc27a03.jpg]

Not looking to bad for a quick wash and polish and some gel on the black bits, Im amazed on how meny scratchs and chips ive picked up over last few month.

The car is now on a veg/diesle mix on 40 liters of veg and 20 liters of diesle, will go 100% next fill up, got new filters ready. Ive managed to sort my sticky throttle sprayed wd40 down the caseing and its sorted it. Still got broken heaters for some reason got no earth to it need to have a look when i can be bothered, also need to sort fule and boost mix out as before when i was on the lucus i was boosting 20psi and i must have had a leak as went down to about 13psi after bosch was put on i went down to 10psi so changed the D seal turned the fuel up im back up to 13/14 psi but not sure if i still got a leak or if i need to add some more fuel as i havent got any smoke what so ever not even off boost so maybe more fuel?? what you guys think?

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
turn fuel up and find out . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 11:33 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: turn fuel up and find out . .Smile

Should i still be getting some smoke off boost? the pump still got the stock lda pin so hopefuly will be better when i get a ground one in there. Whats off boost smoke like on yours?

Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 11:37 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(17-02-2013, 11:33 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: turn fuel up and find out . .Smile

Should i still be getting some smoke off boost? the pump still got the stock lda pin so hopefuly will be better when i get a ground one in there. Whats off boost smoke like on yours?

If it's turned right down, then probably not. Well mine doesn't anyway, no matter how hard I tried.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i have a ground/grinded pin in mine which made a great difference in reducing off boost smoke, used to smoke plenty before that though if i wanted her to . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 12:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i have a ground/grinded pin in mine which made a great difference in reducing off boost smoke, used to smoke plenty before that though if i wanted her to . .lol

Ive got some smoke at min but gona wait till ive got the ground lda in now before i get some more fuel added, Still only boosting at 14psi max so not sure if i got a boost leak or not

Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 12:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: ground/grinded
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 02:31 PM)C2K Wrote:
(18-02-2013, 12:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: ground/grinded

twas a joke being as most people seem unable to grasp tenses these days . .Wink
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update, Got my welding sorted (BIG thanks to ash23 for doing it for me), While i was there he ground my lda pin for me, carnt say it made any difference what so ever tbh but its in there, So this morning decied to get under car and tighten the alternator belt up a bit as i was just getting a tiny squeek when i first started it up in a morning, any why i was there had a look at the turbo and noticed the screw on the waste gate was hanging out and there was no locking nut so screwed it all way in and then 1 turn back out and put another lock nut on, went for a spin got it up to 18psi at top of revs in 4th but still dosent feel nothing like it was when it was on the lucus, SO do i need more fuel? i have a fair bit of smoke off boost and im thinking if i put yet more fuel in to it the smoke is gona be extreme but i may be wrong?

Also im now on 100% veg now, not had one issue with starting in a morning tbh starts better than it used to when it was on the lucus. But i do have the hdi starter so that will help with turning it over quicker just get the lump idle when first started but put a bit of revs on and dont even notice it Smile

So help/advice needed to fueling??

Thanks given by:
Bosch injectors?

Is your compensator wound all out or all in? Sounds like the bolt that secures your waste gate vibrated off

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 12:33 PM)Arron Wrote: Bosch injectors?

Is your compensator wound all out or all in? Sounds like the bolt that secures your waste gate vibrated off

yer bosch injectors, compensator is 50/50 i think not really sure tbh, and yer think thats what happened. Gona add some more fuel when i can and see how it gose, with what ive done to the waste gate/actuator hopeing it will be over 20psi

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update had the bosch pump sorted a few days ago now gose quite well peaking at 25psi, Today deiced to have a bash at plumbing intercooler in and considering ive never changed an inlet manifold ive not done bad was pretty easy tbh, took it for a spin and only had one pipe pop off as i hadnt tightened it up lol. Think i defo need to sort out the fuel filter mod so the veg warms up quicker as its really crap to drive when its cold but soon as veg has warmed up makes a big difference Smile this only photo i got at min

[Image: 306blue57_zps5fcee1f9.jpg]

I couldnt use all the xantia pipe comeing of the turbo as no matter what way i tried it wasnt fitting, so chopped it down and used the standard pipe off the turbo worked quite well tbh.

Oh also cleaned my K&N looked like it hadnt been cleaned in years so probly can breath better now :-)

Next up
Custom hard pipe air feed
(Maybe) put the td04 on but not sure yet

After that not really sure thinking lowering 40mm, gti brakes.......

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Some better pics of the intercooler set up and new air feed

[Image: 306blue62_zps58da9918.jpg]
[Image: 306blue60_zpsf4527948.jpg]
[Image: 306blue59_zpsa135f4f2.jpg]
[Image: 306blue58_zpsa0ed629f.jpg]

Made a home made oil catch tank for now, car feels like it goes quite well all though being on veg get quite alot of flat spots at top of rev range did a 30-60mph vid see what you think of the powerrrr Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3M35xsrt4

What you guys think of the 30-60 time??

think i need gov mod doing soon.

Thanks given by:
Does it smoke much... looks like its tuned now.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 01:47 PM)Arron Wrote: Does it smoke much... looks like its tuned now.

It smoke loads if you want it to but ive got used to how to drive it now, just depends how you drive it boot it from low revs smokes its tits off but if you go half throttle and build up to full throttle doesn't smoke at all. No smoke on boost at all, it is on 100%veg tho so maybe it would be a bit quicker if it was on diesel but maybe smoke more on diesel tho but not sure tbh. Want to get gov mod sorted then get it on dyno see what its making feels nippy but carnt really say what sort of power its producing

Thanks given by:
Slow....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 02:52 PM)Anton Wrote: Slow....

Really?

Thanks given by:
Not to bad youl be losing power on veg and with the clutch slipping. Itl smoke less on veg to as it burns cleaner
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 02:58 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Not to bad youl be losing power on veg and with the clutch slipping. Itl smoke less on veg to as it burns cleaner

Not had any clutch slip for last couple of days maybe bedded its self in agin.

Thanks given by:
Yeah about 6.5-7 seconds, should be doing 30-70 in that.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 03:18 PM)Anton Wrote: Yeah about 6.5-7 seconds, should be doing 30-70 in that.

Not with out a gov mod and a d turbo gear box not do 30-70 in one gear, this was 30-60 in 3rd gear as far as what I can work out from the vid it took about 5-6seconds. Because for the first second im not acclerating

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update TD04 nearly ready to put on just need to get a couple more nuts to bolt the hot side up, BIG THANKS! to ash23 for clocking it and putting it all together for me.

[Image: 306blue68_zps92bd6ecd.jpg]
[Image: 306blue67_zps60bf3700.jpg]

comments welcome :-)

Thanks given by:
Man that air feed looks rough lol, apart from that top work, looking good ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
It is abit rough lol I tried to use alloy pipe put bonnet wouldnt shut so ended up useing some cold air feed pipe I had, dont look great but dose the job made if feel better and can hear the turbo spining up more.

Think I will try and run it better when I put the td04 on

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,215 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,233 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,763 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01