Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)
Good progress man.. thought you were leaving this standard?!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 01:00 AM)Arron Wrote: Good progress man.. thought you were leaving this standard?!

Well after the hdi i lost it with modifing and said thats it no more and well........ i carnt not modify its and addiction Undecided all though after reading the big power xud relabilty thread thats putting me off now lol so no i dear where this is going at the min i no that its defo haveing a front mount and the bosch as for the TD04 not sure about that yet but time will tell

Thanks given by:
definatly get the td04 on mate, youl never look back once you have boost. just dont go mental with the boost and keep the fuel sensible and all should be well Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Not bothering any more with modifing it bosch,td04, shinys 205 gti alloys and maybe a few other bits up for sale now

Thanks given by:
Why have you changed your mind?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 11:18 PM)Ricky Wrote: Why have you changed your mind?

Every time I modify a car it kills it, same happened with my hdi spent ££££'s and it nearly killed it, I just got to point were I carnt see the point on going ahead with fitting all the stuff with buying them fitting them probly talking £500-700 then when something gose wrong cos it will more money carnt afford to keep spending on it so gona keep it as it is stage 1 tune and look after it thats it, plus Im always makeingvmy self skint buying bits so need to learn to control my self

Thanks given by:
Bang the bosch in at least! Thatl save you a few quid in fuel there. I can always give you a hand/guide you along so your sure its done right. Just do things once at a time and build confidence in it
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
You've got to creat a balance. Your hdi was your fault not modifying fault. You whacked a full fat stage 2 map on without changing your clutch. Then you was hoping it would fix it self.

As for the balance. Your buying everything all at once. Take your time. Me and mrs are going away so I'm currently paying holiday. I'm enjoying a standard car for the moment. We're also saving for our own place and I have to treat her occasionally so she don't get bored. Where getting married next year so that's more expense. So she's sorting my money for me and allows me to save a little bit a week for mods. I've decided with this hdi it's just external mods and a stage 1. Yes it's great fun having a high powered diesel. But at the same time you deliver takeaways, your car beaks your out of work till its fixed.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 10:45 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: You've got to creat a balance. Your hdi was your fault not modifying fault. You whacked a full fat stage 2 map on without changing your clutch. Then you was hoping it would fix it self.

As for the balance. Your buying everything all at once. Take your time. Me and mrs are going away so I'm currently paying holiday. I'm enjoying a standard car for the moment. We're also saving for our own place and I have to treat her occasionally so she don't get bored. Where getting married next year so that's more expense. So she's sorting my money for me and allows me to save a little bit a week for mods. I've decided with this hdi it's just external mods and a stage 1. Yes it's great fun having a high powered diesel. But at the same time you deliver takeaways, your car beaks your out of work till its fixed.

No i didnt wack a full fat stage 2 on at all the car had a 140bhp 210ftlbs remap on and the clutch couldnt handle that, it had a full fat map on it soon after fitting the intercooler but the map was only on for 15 mins then it was taken off as it kept cutting out.

I live in my own place with my fiancee i have bills to pay £450 a month rent, council tax, gas electric, tv licance, etc etc before i start with car and hoildays etc and 80% are paid by me at the min as my fiancee is out of work due to an opertion that was serposed to be 6 weeks recovary time and 7 months later she still isnt well.

From my past 2 experiances with cars i decied that if im gona mod its gona be small mods not anything big like the turbo or pump as after haveing quotes for the fitting the pump i carnt see the point of spending £175 fitting then the price of the pump for then something to happen when i finaly get it on veg, Turbo would probly throw a rod out, intercooler would probly leak, I allways think worst case as you can tell.

As it is my car now drives bang on with only one knocking noise from the back think its a beam mount and maybe a boost leak im happy at that gona leave it as it is maybe look in to some more mods in time to come but tbh getting fed up of the 306's might save the money im not spending on mods and look in to someing thats not french

Thanks given by:
you'll save money putting a Bosch on running on veg, i get it at 90 ppl, saves me 30 quid a tank . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah, should at least put a Bosch on, keep it at a very mild tune and run veg.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
looking good fella...

do those C2 steels fit ok??

keep it up!

fyi HDis suck...XUDs win...

you will get better reliability with tuning your xud than the hdi IMO

theres 100s of 306s running td04s n a bosch without any issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just slow down putting them on... Pop the Bosch on because they really do make a difference to these engines.

I've never had one hose pop on my front mount kit. That's running 20psi on jubalee clips. You just need to use more pipes rather than silicone. And buy a new full intercooler kit, that way everything is suppose to fit.

TD04 should be fine as long as you don't run silly boost/fuelling.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Dude if I was you I'd just slap the Bosch on it and run a nice steady tune. That way you have reliability, a little fun and cheap fuel.
Which if you work in a takeaway you get veg at £17-18 20 litres and if you get delivery charge you get £1-1.50 a delivery. Which in my eyes is defferntly win! If I was planning on staying working in a takeaway that's what I'd be doing as I'd tick every box.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Bosch has gone now guys so thats a no go but couldnt see it being worth paying the £175 to get it fitted any way as it stands now im not doing any thing else to it, apart from look after it I might consider frount mounting it and tuneing the lucus and k14 some more but thats as far as it will go, tbh looking at other cars that arnt french but I will happly keep this till tax runs out in july

Thanks given by:
Fair enough dude. I'm just going to keep my car sweet now. It will have a stage 1 but that'll be it. I'm putting my 17" on. Possibly my smooth bonnet and boot depending on cost to paint. Still thinking of I should lower on coilovers which are in shed or go for some shocks and springs.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 10:06 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Bosch has gone now guys so thats a no go but couldnt see it being worth paying the £175 to get it fitted any way as it stands now im not doing any thing else to it, apart from look after it I might consider frount mounting it and tuneing the lucus and k14 some more but thats as far as it will go, tbh looking at other cars that arnt french but I will happly keep this till tax runs out in july

Wtf you go through cars like dum dum.
You had a decent hdi and swapped it for a dt now you want rid of it when you're half way through collecting all the bits for it?

If I was you id bosch it (do it yourself, theres plenty of cambelt guides knocking about) put your td04 on and front mount then run it into the ground. When it eventually dies break it for spares and youve not lost anything.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't do the cam belt on the dturbo. But I did on the hdi. With help from my dad! I actually found it rather easy looking back. I'm no mechanic but my dad is. I was expecting much worse. It's just very tight for room.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 06:22 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: fyi HDis suck...XUDs win...

you will get better reliability with tuning your xud than the hdi IMO

theres 100s of 306s running td04s n a bosch without any issues

Sorry but that's really not true... And find 50 DTurbo's running a TD04 and a Bosch that have lasted more than 6 months, never mind "hundreds"...

It's people that make them unreliable. You've got your "average Joe's", who really know f*ck all about cars, buying 130k+ 10 year old Dturbo's then fitting big turbos and f*cking about with fuel pumps just because they know where the Max fuel screw is and then they complain when the clutch won't hold or they throw a rod when it's "only running 25psi".

If you have to put stupid threads up like "which way do I turn the Max fuel screw" or "how much boost will an xud take" then don't f*cking bother!
Thanks given by:
So bit of an update i wish i didnt sell the pump LOL but i just fell out of love with the car and it went, I think im gona look out for another pump but not bother with the td04 just go with a bosch pump k14 and fmic well thats the plan as of now but knowing me i will probly change my mind agin.

Any way i bought the oem fmic kit off Jenkosowls So just need a xantia inlet now then will look at getting that on and then look in to finding another pump agin i think lol

[Image: 306blue35_zps8a037526.jpg]

Any way comments welcome

Thanks given by:
the admin should ban you from posting for sale items lmao

glad your starting to love it again though Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update

Mounted the intercooler and slim line fine got the pipes run to side of rad, not gona bother putting manifold on till i got the td04 ready to bolt on as dont wana have to keep taking inlet on and off rather get it all done in one go. The TD04 i have left with ash23 as he is welding the waste gate on it for me and waiting for cj to get some adapter plates made up then nearly ready to get it on. Any way pics

[Image: 306blue36_zps75615d3f.jpg]
[Image: 306blue37_zpsf23e93af.jpg]
[Image: 306blue40_zps4d6779ca.jpg]
[Image: 306blue38_zps210d1db1.jpg]

Then went to tighten the alternator belt up and spotted some flakeing pain so gave it a tap and it went though Sad
[Image: 306blue39_zps99cff7b3.jpg]

So agin ash23 to the rescue lol hopefully gona get it welded up on the weekend also got a small patch under car to do as well

Comments welcome Wink

Thanks given by:
You've finally done something!!! Good man Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 05:00 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: You've finally done something!!! Good man Smile

Lol im always doing something mainly fixing it lol

Thanks given by:
Massive thanks to ash23 for welding my waste gate on the td04 just waiting on adapter plates now :-)

[Image: 306blue41_zpsd9085256.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Thought you wernt going to tdo4 it??
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good chris
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 07:02 PM)sam Wrote: Thought you wernt going to tdo4 it??

Exactly what I was thinking! What changed your mind? You won't regret it anyway Smile
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Changed my mind at the time I put every thing for sale I had fell out with the car lol

(08-02-2013, 07:03 PM)MarkTD Wrote: Looking good chris
Thanks mate slowly getting there

(08-02-2013, 07:07 PM)Ricky Wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking! What changed your mind? You won't regret it anyway Smile

Yer changed my mind going for the. TD04 and bosch when I get another pump when I find another one wish I didnt sell it, glad I went on one tho cos I ended up with the oem front mount so will look even more sleeper than it would have

Thanks given by:
Been to scrappy today got a bosch absolute bargain of £25! just for pump hopefuly wont be long till i get it fitted Smile

[Image: 306blue43_zps8296bdc2.jpg]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,223 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,255 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,763 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01