Flashing third brake light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashing third brake light
Was following a focus RS yesterday and it put its brakes on and the 3rd light flashed a few times before coming solid, really grabbed my attention...

Done a quick google and stumbled upon this...

http://www.flashingbrakelights.co.uk/Auto_Products.html

Deffiantly worth getting imo as the flashing really did grab me! Would be ideal for Motorways driving when the suns low and glarry...
Thanks given by:
Shame its illegal though
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is it?

Why?
Thanks given by:
Can't have flashing lights apart from indicators
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
On newer cars it's usually an option for countries of export. I know on the later VAGs you can turn it on in the bsi.

It is not just a stick on chavvy upgrade.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
[quote pid='174934' dateline='1355184191']
Can't have flashing lights apart from indicators
[/quote]

That's a stupid law... Who has an indicator in the middle of the car!

Its a great safety device!
Thanks given by:
Are you sure it wasn't just broken, it was a ford! lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
our works van if you brake real hard in that the hazzards flash too with the brake lights on solid
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 07:01 PM)cully Wrote: our works van if you brake real hard in that the hazzards flash too with the brake lights on solid

Last i heard that was also illegal. Once again, an turn on option for Europe but most didnt have it switched off when imported into this country.
Not sure if it still is though as when looking at the spec of my new car, that was a safety feature on that.

The brake lights are crap i find especially on the insignia. They stay off for far to long in between flashes.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's a good safety idea but it does look broken.

My old laguna used to chuck the hazards on if you slammed the brakes on, now thats a decent idea
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 07:32 PM)Niall Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 07:01 PM)cully Wrote: our works van if you brake real hard in that the hazzards flash too with the brake lights on solid

Last i heard that was also illegal. Once again, an turn on option for Europe but most didnt have it switched off when imported into this country.
Not sure if it still is though as when looking at the spec of my new car, that was a safety feature on that.

The brake lights are crap i find especially on the insignia. They stay off for far to long in between flashes.

As far as I knew, that was legal, its when the abs kicks in, slot of newer cars do that
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 09:13 PM)Connor Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 07:32 PM)Niall Wrote:

As far as I knew, that was legal, its when the abs kicks in, slot of newer cars do that

i know when the C3 came out, that was the first car i saw that did it and it was illegal here then but loads of brand new cars here do it now so its either dealers are getting really sloppy on PDIs or its become legal
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Its illegal as the law states that you need a solid brake light. Solid is not flashing! However yes a flashing brake light does grab your attention more! You can get kits off ebay for a few quid!
Thanks given by:
I've seen a merc slam on once and it's brake lights flashed several times quickly before coming on solid. It's a safety feature and I really like it. If you're zoning out a little and the car in front slams on you get a quicker warning as to what's happening so you can brake earlier and hopefully less harshly... My failwagon is supposed to flash it's hazards if you brake heavily but I've never experienced it.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Gay it's illegal. They certainly grab my attention abit more.
Could just tap the brakes Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2012, 12:16 PM)Matt Wrote: Gay it's illegal. They certainly grab my attention abit more.
Could just tap the brakes Tongue

but then youre not braking D: youre just flashing the light and not stopping D:

Ill probably get a flasher (giggity) off ebay and try it out. tbh i think its a good idea!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake light switch parts exploded view pug306driver 11 2,909 13-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Brake light switch pug306driver 10 2,058 14-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Flashing headlights Cornishnutter 3 1,503 12-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31