306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Flashing third brake light - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Electrics (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Flashing third brake light (/showthread.php?tid=8805)

Flashing third brake light - Just Sean - 10-12-2012

Was following a focus RS yesterday and it put its brakes on and the 3rd light flashed a few times before coming solid, really grabbed my attention...

Done a quick google and stumbled upon this...

http://www.flashingbrakelights.co.uk/Auto_Products.html

Deffiantly worth getting imo as the flashing really did grab me! Would be ideal for Motorways driving when the suns low and glarry...

RE: Flashing third brake light - Connor - 10-12-2012

Shame its illegal though

RE: Flashing third brake light - Just Sean - 11-12-2012

Is it?

Why?

RE: Flashing third brake light - Connor - 11-12-2012

Can't have flashing lights apart from indicators

RE: Flashing third brake light - C2K - 11-12-2012

On newer cars it's usually an option for countries of export. I know on the later VAGs you can turn it on in the bsi.

It is not just a stick on chavvy upgrade.

RE: Flashing third brake light - Just Sean - 11-12-2012

[quote pid='174934' dateline='1355184191']
Can't have flashing lights apart from indicators
[/quote]

That's a stupid law... Who has an indicator in the middle of the car!

Its a great safety device!

RE: Flashing third brake light - londondan86 - 11-12-2012

Are you sure it wasn't just broken, it was a ford! lol

RE: Flashing third brake light - cully - 11-12-2012

our works van if you brake real hard in that the hazzards flash too with the brake lights on solid

RE: Flashing third brake light - Niall - 11-12-2012

(11-12-2012, 07:01 PM)cully Wrote: our works van if you brake real hard in that the hazzards flash too with the brake lights on solid

Last i heard that was also illegal. Once again, an turn on option for Europe but most didnt have it switched off when imported into this country.
Not sure if it still is though as when looking at the spec of my new car, that was a safety feature on that.

The brake lights are crap i find especially on the insignia. They stay off for far to long in between flashes.

RE: Flashing third brake light - 1616six - 11-12-2012

It's a good safety idea but it does look broken.

My old laguna used to chuck the hazards on if you slammed the brakes on, now thats a decent idea

RE: Flashing third brake light - Connor - 11-12-2012

(11-12-2012, 07:32 PM)Niall Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 07:01 PM)cully Wrote: our works van if you brake real hard in that the hazzards flash too with the brake lights on solid

Last i heard that was also illegal. Once again, an turn on option for Europe but most didnt have it switched off when imported into this country.
Not sure if it still is though as when looking at the spec of my new car, that was a safety feature on that.

The brake lights are crap i find especially on the insignia. They stay off for far to long in between flashes.

As far as I knew, that was legal, its when the abs kicks in, slot of newer cars do that

RE: Flashing third brake light - Niall - 11-12-2012

(11-12-2012, 09:13 PM)Connor Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 07:32 PM)Niall Wrote:

As far as I knew, that was legal, its when the abs kicks in, slot of newer cars do that

i know when the C3 came out, that was the first car i saw that did it and it was illegal here then but loads of brand new cars here do it now so its either dealers are getting really sloppy on PDIs or its become legal

RE: Flashing third brake light - Eeyore - 12-12-2012

Its illegal as the law states that you need a solid brake light. Solid is not flashing! However yes a flashing brake light does grab your attention more! You can get kits off ebay for a few quid!

RE: Flashing third brake light - andywhy - 21-12-2012

I've seen a merc slam on once and it's brake lights flashed several times quickly before coming on solid. It's a safety feature and I really like it. If you're zoning out a little and the car in front slams on you get a quicker warning as to what's happening so you can brake earlier and hopefully less harshly... My failwagon is supposed to flash it's hazards if you brake heavily but I've never experienced it.

RE: Flashing third brake light - Matt - 21-12-2012

Gay it's illegal. They certainly grab my attention abit more.
Could just tap the brakes Tongue

RE: Flashing third brake light - Eeyore - 22-12-2012

(21-12-2012, 12:16 PM)Matt Wrote: Gay it's illegal. They certainly grab my attention abit more.
Could just tap the brakes Tongue

but then youre not braking D: youre just flashing the light and not stopping D:

Ill probably get a flasher (giggity) off ebay and try it out. tbh i think its a good idea!