Is it true

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it true
That the gti-6 6 speed box fits these as I've been told it will
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Yes, but the ratios are far too short for normal use. Depends what you want it for... Economy, then no.
Thanks given by:
Even with 6th gear?

Surprising!
Thanks given by:
It's a close ration box... the 6th gear is no longer, they're just closer together
Thanks given by:
6th at governor is about 105
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Yep, tried and tested.

And I turned the gearbox oil silver in 2000 miles, the diffs in them apparently don't like 300+lbft torque... And made the synchro on 3rd disappear...

And 3700rpm ish at 70mph... And a 105mph limit at around 5300 if you're govmodded... Trust me, if you do ANY more than 10 minutes a month at 60+, you'll want rid of it.

Just because they're 6 speed, they aren't any longer, they're actually shorter overall than most of the 5 speed boxes!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Oh right thanks guys ill look out for a dtub box or hdi box near me then thanks fellas
Thanks given by:
Or you can try a 405td box as its sposed to be a good compromise between the Hdi and 306 Dtub box
Thanks given by:
I have a hdi box if you are interested £40 Smile

Thanks given by:
(10-12-2012, 01:33 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Or you can try a 405td box as its sposed to be a good compromise between the Hdi and 306 Dtub box

an hdi box would defiantly be your best bet if you want good economy, ive always felt that for a big family car, i.e long distance motorway cruising etc, the 405 gear box could do with a much longer 5th, just seems to run out of puff a bit quick, always think it would be so much better with a really long 5th or a 6th gear. just a shame that 6 speed dervs didnt really exist until about 2003 so not much chance of getting a 6 speed derv box to fit an old xud Sad
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I just wondered cos me old man has a ford galaxy diesel with a 6 speed box and its great at motorway speeds
Thanks given by:
if you changed to an hydraulic clutch i'm sure the 6 speed dervs use a be3 housing. they certainly look similar
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Nothing like sadly, they're an ML series box, you'd have to adjust the subframe, bulkhead and chassis leg to fit.... And it's hydro clutch...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: